The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » James Brown's Workeroo » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
theboss
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of theboss
Totally invisible. Can be fully surrounded!

JB
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Sent email I can;t wait!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I'm glad your releasing some after Christmas, I'll probably have money then. Without knowing the gimmick but knowing what it can do I could apply it to so many things...even from a couple of Derren Brown's work
theboss
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of theboss
Quote:
Anyway, it is good to know that James won't object to me taking Workeroo-- an "existing idea" now that it has been announced--and releasing a "better" version of it. I will post a teaser video when my version is ready, hopefully to coincide with the release of Workeroo or shortly thereafter.

E.S.A.

Somehow your argument has lost it's momentum here. By all means spend the years of R&D along with the ££££ it has taken to bring this to fruition. Athough, I feel this may well be a hollow, meaningless and slightly desperate threat.

Humbly yours

James Brown
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
James, E.S.A. seems to be in favour of running this release by John Anders if possible; once you've taken satisfactory steps toward achieving that aim, I think the 'argument' will fizzle out altogether. All the best with this product. Tommy would be delighted, I reckon Smile

Cheers,

Chris
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
So, I guess there are three products that will be competing together. Workeroo, Direct Link, and Silent Butler.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Silent butler?
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Hey Joshua,
I was taught this by Bob Lewis in 1969, and I have been using it ever since. I made some Improvements on the original that Bob showed me. But, it is basically the same overall design. Silent Butler has been on my newspage for about a year now and I will be releasing it very soon, before the year is out! (Provided the seamstress gets off her butt) ha!
theboss
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of theboss
I hope all goes well for you and the Silent Butler. I know what a pain it is waiting for a seamstress to 'get off her butt'!!

Is there a clip of the Butler anywhere?

JB
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Not yet, but I do intend to have one up soon but the effects are similar in nature. This post by the way is not ment to derail the topic only to make others aware that there is something else out there...and I wish you all the best with your effect as well. Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition.
theboss
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of theboss
It's a shame that other people can't see things as clearly as you!

James Brown
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1108 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Great thinking here!
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Competiton drives innovation. and we all win as a community
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
Spoken like a true free market economist, Joshua, bravo.
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
I was kinda hoping this would never be released. It can be done completley surrounded and it is invisable(at least the "way" I use a similar "method"). The one I use was given to me by and old friend who seen the need for something like this. Very powerful and done right under the specs noses. Good luck to all creators, 2 of you are handling this like gentleman, the other I believe just shot himself in the foot. 2 well known professionals over someone who publicly states that "Anyway, it is good to know that James won't object to me taking Workeroo-- an "existing idea" now that it has been announced--and releasing a "better" version of it. I will post a teaser video when my version is ready, hopefully to coincide with the release of Workeroo or shortly thereafter" Nice one, I wouldn't buy water off this guy if my house was on fire. I guess he was asleep in magic class were they taught the part about leading by example,and respecting other magicians. Oh well rant over. Good luck, and if you will excuse me, I need to go and work out new effects with my little"method"

Regards,
Jeremy Hanrahan
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Wow, I am extremely interested in what people are thinking about James Browns Workeroo and I am a little at a loss as to what your saying there Jeremy. Are you declaring that you are knocking off a product. Not trying to be judgemental, I am just trying to make heads or tails from your post and understand what your saying.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

David, jeremy was refering to a previous poster who was man that james is releasing this, claming its the intellecual property of another man from the netherlands from a old release years back. iv seen jeremy around for some time helping with the dev of the black widow among other thing, he's real ethical guy, and was just mad someone said those things. I just don;t want anyone to get the wrong impression of what he ment
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Joshua,
Ok I get it now....crap I must be slipping.

I don't want to rock the boat here but, the fellow on the other page is dead wrong about who invented this utility device as it is very well documented as noted by another poster here. This has been made thru history with little to no improvements but was a very well guarded secret. As to the intellectual rights...well as long as there is no copywrite infringement, can't see how that would be using intellectual property...I am pretty sure that copywrite infringement is against the law.

I beleive that this will be a very good product to help magicians improve their skills and allow them the advantages that they don't now have and wouldn't have without folks like Mr. Brown. I think that we all should count ourselves lucky that such a product exists or will soon.

If this other fellow is going to make a new and improved version of this utility device, sit down and figure out all the cool stuff he can do with it... I have some news for him and I don't mean this in a bad or disrespectful way... that if this effect were a book he would be on page one and I can assure you that myself and Mr. Brown are at least half way thru the book. I don't say what I have said with any Malice towards anyone it is just the facts.
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Thanks Joshua that is exactly what I meant. I was quoting another member on what he had said about releasing the same product shortly after Workaroo. My grandfather also had a principle and a working "gimmick" Back in the day (1960?) workers use to call them Kangaroos. The one I have is based on that method. Thanks Joshua for clearing that up for me, sometimes I get lost in a rant, and forget to put " " before and after what others have said.

Regards,
Jeremy Hanrahan
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Hey Jeremy,
I hope you will accept my appologies... Please forgive me for jumping to conclusions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » James Brown's Workeroo » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL