The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Shrinker! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of strollingmagician
http://www.itricks.com/store/

looks cool! when will it be out? how much?

very creative.....
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4256 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
That will be announced when it is released.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
It should be out VERY soon.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
I love Andrew Mayne's stuff, and I don't want to be a buzzkill, but doesn't it seem very obvious what is going on here?

I think it looks like a fun effect, but I can't imagine anybody being fooled.

What I like about Andrew is that he tackles very difficult effects, I just don't think this one lives up to some of his other releases.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Well, I don't think anything can live up to Ghost Bills. The method may be better than you think, so try not to judge it out of the short demo clip.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4256 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2007-06-01 23:46, Magicsquared wrote:
I love Andrew Mayne's stuff, and I don't want to be a buzzkill, but doesn't it seem very obvious what is going on here?

I think it looks like a fun effect, but I can't imagine anybody being fooled.

What I like about Andrew is that he tackles very difficult effects, I just don't think this one lives up to some of his other releases.
Slow down and actually think about it for a second. Your thinking way too much like a magician. How do you think other people would reaction watching you shorten your legs and running toward them? Yeah....they would either freak out and/or run away for their lives. My kind of effect. This is his best effect along side Ghostvision in my perspective.
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Holy angle problems, Batman.
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of strollingmagician
Your right Robin!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4256 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
HAHAHAH HEHEHHEHE! The BAAAT Hhassss no audience management....BUMMER *jim carey*
terrick
View Profile
New user
Bloomington, IN
75 Posts

Profile of terrick
On 2007-06-02 00:56, Blindside785 wrote:
Quote:
Your thinking way too much like a magician. How do you think other people would reaction watching you shorten your legs and running toward them?

I think they'd go call the cops on you for indecent exposure because that's what it looked like it's going to be to me at first. But who knows, it could be awesome. Doesn't look like it'll be one of his bests, but I'm sure it'll be pretty good if he has decided to release it. Ghost Vision is still my favorite of his, so it'll be hard to compete with it.
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Wow!

I sell some magic myself but never in my dreams have I thought of selling something like this.

If I had, I seriously wouldn't expect to ANYONE to watch what happens in that demo and assume that ANYTHING other than the obvious is happening.

Andrew is a VERY clever guy. I've enjoyed a LOT of his material but I have to say that in this case I cannot see ANYONE actually believing that the performer has shrunk! And, with the title of the effect in mind, it begs the question - what are you actually buying here?

Look, end of the day, it's not really my arena. All I'm saying is that to me it doesn't look like Andrew shrinks in that demo. Especially when he walks forward which presumably is supposed to enhance the illusion. It doesn't.

If I released a trick called 'VANISH' and then went and hid behind a lamp post, people would say: "You didn't vanish. You're hiding!". In the case of 'SHRINKING' I feel most lucid, intelligent people will ultimately be led to only one conclusion: "You didn't shrink." I ask all of you seriously. Is that magic?

I hope Andrew doesn't take the huff with me or anything but I simply can't stand by and watch people praise this nonsense.

Dave.
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
You have a significantly higher chance of convincing your audience that pulling your finger was the direct cause of your flatulence, than you suddenly shrank.
Hogle
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
133 Posts

Profile of Hogle
Quote:
On 2007-06-02 20:11, Dave Forrest wrote:
Wow!

I sell some magic myself but never in my dreams have I thought of selling something like this.

If I had, I seriously wouldn't expect to ANYONE to watch what happens in that demo and assume that ANYTHING other than the obvious is happening.

Andrew is a VERY clever guy. I've enjoyed a LOT of his material but I have to say that in this case I cannot see ANYONE actually believing that the performer has shrunk! And, with the title of the effect in mind, it begs the question - what are you actually buying here?

Look, end of the day, it's not really my arena. All I'm saying is that to me it doesn't look like Andrew shrinks in that demo. Especially when he walks forward which presumably is supposed to enhance the illusion. It doesn't.

If I released a trick called 'VANISH' and then went and hid behind a lamp post, people would say: "You didn't vanish. You're hiding!". In the case of 'SHRINKING' I feel most lucid, intelligent people will ultimately be led to only one conclusion: "You didn't shrink." I ask all of you seriously. Is that magic?

I hope Andrew doesn't take the huff with me or anything but I simply can't stand by and watch people praise this nonsense.

Dave.

You took the words right out of my mouth!
100 % Agree!
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2172 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I didn't care for the demo in that he appears to be leaning too far in. It would appear he's made a nice sh*** for a body trick he has in his Morphin' book. At the same time, I have NEVER regretted a single purchase from Andrew and I scoop up everything he puts out with a quickness.
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
I'm not going to "buy this" because it is obvious and therefore worthless to me. You know, when an idea is SO bad that the seller's video demo alone evokes "bashing", maybe it would be better to leave it on the shelf.

But to suggest that only those who have bought this train wreck are entitled to offer a negative opinion about it is lunacy. And, to be fair, I notice you haven't protested positive opinions from non-buyers... now why would THAT be? lol

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4204 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Two words...Bill Irwin
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Could this compare with Hole In the Head.
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1444 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
I think there is a bit more to this than meets the eye.

Also you guys gotta lighten up. I love the magic reviews based on a video demo not actual purchaser reviews. ( I know you are reviewing the demo NOT the actual product )

And this can be just a quicky bit of business to lighten up a set of magic.

Time will tell if this is a real world practical usable effect.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On 2007-06-02 00:56, Blindside785 wrote:
Slow down and actually think about it for a second. Your thinking way too much like a magician. How do you think other people would reaction watching you shorten your legs and running toward them? Yeah....they would either freak out and/or run away for their lives. My kind of effect. This is his best effect along side Ghostvision in my perspective.

Listen, I'm tempted to buy this just to support Andrew Mayne because I think he's a good guy and has some good ideas.

But I don't like when people forgive a flawed effect by saying that only a magician would see the flaw. I don't think that's true. I'm not thinking like a magician or a laymen, I'm thinking like a human being.

The whole time I watched the demo I thought it was leading up to the real trick and I figured at the end he was going to turn around or something, but that never happens. The way it looks now it looks like he is doing the first thing an audience would guess he's doing. It's like the first part of a sucker trick without the blowoff.
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1035 Posts

Profile of bsears
If you can't make something look half-way decent on a promo video where you have control over all the elements, maybe you shouldn't sell it. Just my opinion.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Shrinker! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL