We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » New linking finger ring routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3279 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Has anyone downloaded the new linking finger ring doc from the trickshop, new to the trickshop that is. Any reviews? What do you think of it?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
How about a link?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3279 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Al Koran's classic
http://www.trickshop.com
By the way Pete, have your linking ring set, beautiful work!
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
I wish the rings on the cover actually were Himber Rings.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I will download this, but if you buy the Linking Finger Rings from me and Joe Porper, this routine is included. However, the version Koran marketed, through Harry Stanley's Unique Studio was similar to the Grant routine that DID NOT use a Himber-style ring, but merely a finger ring made like a linking ring Key Ring.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
It is very well described and SIMILAR to but not exactly the same as the Koran handling as I mentioned above. Well worth buying and studying. You could use this in a pro situation.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3279 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Many thanks Pete.
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
883 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Quote:
On 2007-06-02 18:02, THEGUY26 wrote:
I wish the rings on the cover actually were Himber Rings.

Check out the Sterling Silver Split Ring at the bottom of the same page.

http://www.trickshop.com/linking_finger_rings.html
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
Steve Cook
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Steve Cook
The greatest, most practical and commercial 'linking finger ring' routine I have
ever seen was shown to me many years ago by my friend and Ken Brooke's 'right-hand
man, Roy Johnson. He has never published this routine but, he told me that it got him more work than any other effect he had ever performed! He has since taught it to Geoff Durham who uses it regularly. It's a non-nonsense, minimalist routine and a
superb piece of magical construction, using an enlisted spectator as a 'witness' for the rest of the audience. If you doubt my word, just ask Wayne Dobson what he thinks about it. A thing of beauty!
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5355 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Steve,
Do you know if the Johnson routine you are referring to is at all related to his "Suparings" routine?
Steve Cook
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Steve Cook
No. Roy's 'Suparings' is a linking three bangle routine; and again, beautifully
structured. It has natural progression and tempo and, a visual climax to die for!
Dan Paulus
View Profile
Veteran user
Utah is isolated from the real world by
343 Posts

Profile of Dan Paulus
I bought the download just to study another performance and look for handling tips. It's not bad, and I personally enjoyed the read.

But, If you're actually going to do a linking finger ring routine, I wouldn't do this one.

Buy a Himber. Even a cheap one will fool, but you do get what you pay for.
There is no great genius without a mixture of madness. - Aristotle
Aristotle

www.danscomedymagic.com
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
696 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
Nick Einhorn has an excellent, very workable version in his World Tour lecture notes (set 3). Nick's routines are all designed with the professional in mind and all three of his booklets are worthy of your attention. http://www.einhorn.co.uk/?q=node/23
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
Geoffrey Durham
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Geoffrey Durham
Quote:
On 2007-06-23 09:01, Steve Cook wrote:
The greatest, most practical and commercial 'linking finger ring' routine I have
ever seen was shown to me many years ago by my friend and Ken Brooke's 'right-hand
man, Roy Johnson. He has never published this routine but, he told me that it got him more work than any other effect he had ever performed! He has since taught it to Geoff Durham who uses it regularly.

I'll be publishing a book early next year containing some of my signature pieces and the Himber Ring routine that you refer to, Steve, will be one of them. It is, as you say, based on Roy Johnson's ground-breaking work and the shape of my routine is almost identical to his. I've made a number of amendments to suit my style of working.

The ring that Roy and I both use is slightly unusual and is to my design. That, too, will be featured in the book.

I have Roy's permission and blessing in publishing it.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I bought a cheap Himber for study sake, but I have no instructions on how the effect works.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Great opportunity to develop something new and original. Just start to play with it. (If you win the lottery, then you can buy my "Ghostly Linking Finger Rings" from http://www.porperoriginals.com
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
I've got a cheap himber ring for study sake too... never could understand how to present it. Plus, its so hard to find the T**P. the ring is uniform throughout. grrr.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Joe Porper told me that at Magic Live, Gaetan Bloom and Kevin James BOTH went crazy over my Ghostly Linking Finger Rings and each bought a set.
Geoffrey Durham
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Geoffrey Durham
It's essential to know how to mark a Himber Ring so that the gimmickry can be found at a glance. After 30 years of working with Himbers of all designs, I've come up with a way that works, and I'll be detailing that my new book. It will be called Professional Secrets of Geoffrey Durham. I'll be launching it at the Blackpool Convention next February.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
With my ring design the "gimmickry" can be found easily wihout looking at the ring.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » New linking finger ring routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.37 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL