The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Where can one get quality professional outfits? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
victorkent
View Profile
New user
Narnia
76 Posts

Profile of victorkent
Where can one get good quality professional outfits...colorful tuxedos, circus clothes, etc?
John 3:16
http://www.victorkent.com
http://www.kentfamilyillusionshow.com
[email]victor@victorkent.com[/email]
Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
744 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
I wear a yellow coloured suit I had tailor made in Thailand. I have brought several suits while visiting Bangkok. They have all been tailor made with
an excellent fit and at better price than a suit off the rack back at home. You can choose from a variety of bright unusual colours plus you can also get extra matching fabric in case you want to add a topit or such like inside.

These are the two tailor shops I have used for my suits & I recommend both of them.

http://www.ravistailor.com/
http://www.nibh.com/

You can send your body measurements in to them and order right over the internet.

There is another post on this topic, Magic Outfits you might be interested in.
Andy Wonder, Auckland, New Zealand
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Check out your local large tuxedo place. They have some good outfits.

Now for some expensive comedy outfits check out these Walking Illusions
Dennis Michael
Vilago
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Vilago
Quote:

Now for some expensive comedy outfits check out these Walking Illusions

Those have got to be the funniest outfits I've ever seen! Smile Smile Smile

Is there anyway to find out how much they cost on the site (I saw the email link...)?
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

There are two of them on the Magic Auction Each are selling for $1,350. I have the rabbit one, but have not used it yet. They are around the internet and priced between $1,200 - $1,500. On the Walking Illusions site there are Walk......owns.

If you liked that site check out this site:

Facemakers- All kinds of Characters

I know we are a little off the topic, However, here are som fancy homemade Tuxs and outfits:

Strange Tuxedos
Dennis Michael
Billy Whizz
View Profile
Special user
Plymouth, UK
576 Posts

Profile of Billy Whizz
Hi Den, you certainly have a lot of knowledge regards different websites with usefull information. How do you remember it all???

All the best, Billy

WOW, those outfits at Walking Illusions are Fantastic. I've just been to have a look Den.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1296 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Hey, think I will catch the next plane to Thailand to save money on a suit ??? Smile
Just giving you a hard time there, Andy... Thanks for the info.
Your'e either talking very expensive suits or maybe you just happened to be in Thailand and did a little shopping ?
I do realize I need to get something more appropriate real soon in regards to my own appearance. So this is a topic of much interest to me. I just don't have a fortune to dish out for some cool threads at this time. Thanks for all the info so far Andy and Den.

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
744 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
My yellow suit from Thailand cost US$75, yes. Perhaps we could all have our holiday at the same time this year and meet up in Bangkok.
Yes I was travelling there anyway but you can order them off the internet and they will post them out. I have done it a few times before.

I usually have my annual holiday in South East Asia every year. Everything is cheap, plus I have family there (in laws).
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Billy,

I have two college degrees in computers, and at one time run my own computer corporation. I spend a lot of time on the computer looking for ideas and many times I stumble upon unique sites and I categorize them and bookmark them.

Like many others I was trying to find a costume/tux/outfit to fit my outgoing character. I also wanted to do a fire safety school program and was looking for mascots. Sometimes I type things like "Rabbits" in Goggle's image search engine and browse the images. Many times something crazy image pops up while searching such as the link above for tuxedos. On that site that have lots of strange stuff like buying Shrunken Heads and Freeze-Dried Alligator Heads

Thought I would up date a picture of me in the Walking Illusions mentioned above.

Great for parades, store openings, doing balloons at a picnic, giving out flyers of your magic birthday shows, etc.

Bigfoot, Rodney Rabbit & Dennis Michael, in the Walking Illusion outfit.

Rodney, Bigfoot & Me
Dennis Michael
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3395 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I found some very magical-looking shirts at Ross Dress for Less of all places. I bought four of them. Two are black with large gold leaf-type stars, and two are blue with large silver leaf stars. They only cost about 15 dollars each.
Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
744 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
Jim
You obviously have not had your colours done. One of those shirts will suit you much better than the other.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I have found a place in center city Philadelphia that sells all kinds of different colored suits, shirts, belts and accessories. The company mainly caters to the young African-American man that wants to be different and look great when he goes out on the town or clubbing. Because of this, the suits and shirts and attire is just wild.

You can find all kids of things that would work perfect as a performance clothes. of course, it must also match your own style and character.

I would look for similar stores of this fashion in your own area. They seem to be a wonderful starting point for finding clothes that are unique and not the typical black tux.
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
RoyHolidayMagic
View Profile
New user
New York
85 Posts

Profile of RoyHolidayMagic
Two Words:

Jamaica, Queens (in New York)

There is a store called "Superfly Boutique" on Jamaica Avenue; bought my bright blue suit there.

-Roy
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
I too was/am in the market for the right "attire". I needed something a bit flashy for an outdoor show we were doing at a fall festival.
I started with a nice pair of black pleated dress pants, a white oxford cloth shirt and a black bow tie hanging in my closet. I added a silver and black sequined vest (with REAL pockets) and cumberbun purchased from Clown City here in CT, USA for about $50.
I admit is is not quite up to Andy's yellow suit trademark, but for me it is a start and as affirmation, received quite a few favorable comments on my attire.
For me, simple and inexpensive is key.
One word on the vest, because it is sequined it is a bit heavier than I realized, but still very comfortable and roomy.

peace,
phill
Scripture, Sculptures & Surprises!
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3395 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Andy,
The yellow suit looks great on you. I wore the blue shirt with silver stars at a show on Sat. Is that the one you would have picked for me? I guess you're judging from my complextion from the picture?
Best,
Jim
I've got to find a jacket to go with the shirt cause I like doing the Professor Cheers routine in the kid's shows, which, of course, requires a jacket.
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I think more magicians should dress like Blaine and less like Seigfred and Roy.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Magicians should dress the character they portray. If it is a classic magician then dress the part. If is is a close-up setting, a tux is out of the question, a blue suit coat and black shirt work well for a modern magician even your outfit, Nicholas, look good.
Dennis Michael
Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
744 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
James I would have guessed the blue shirt but I can't really tell from the photo. Gold is warm. Silver is cold. You should never wear warm & cold colours together.

Thanks for the positive comments on my suit guys. See another photo of my suit here.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Dennis is correct. You really have to pick your attire to match the character you are presenting in your shows and match to the audiences you mainly perform for.

You also want your attire to stand out and be different from the norm. Your attire is as much a part of your branding and your image as your logo or promotional materials are.

For example, Andy's trademark yellow suit is a great brand image for him. I am sure people remember him from that suit. The suit will spark a mental image in their minds and therefore he attains name recognition from it. It also matches his character and the types of shows he performs.

My trademark red jacket and spat style shoes works the same way for me. You have to find what works best for you, what matches your style and character on stage and what sets you apart from others.
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I have noticed that your costume isn't solely driven by your style and character. From an audience perspective, your character is largely defined by what you wear. People will make an impression about you in the first couple of seconds and so how you look is very important.

For children, Andy's bright yellow suit is clean and crisp yet fun and exciting without making him look like a twit. However, looking around, most magicians seem to lack any sense of fashion.

The street magicians, to me, have more credibility than guys who prance around tight pants, puffy shirts, silly sequins etc.

For kids in Australia, the classic example is the band The Wiggles. They wear bright coloured skivvys with black pants. They look great but their costumes do not date them or fit them into stereotypical view of a magician.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Where can one get quality professional outfits? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL