The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Skype (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
Anyone have any thoughts or opinions on Skype? Stories of a good or bad nature?
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I have heard only good things, but I have not heard a lot, I must confess.

I have a friend from overseas who came to the USA and spoke/saw his wife everyday via skype. Seemed inexpensive and effective.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
I was concerned about the peer network of the system, want to know if I can disconenct from the network at will or not.
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I use it constantly. To keep in touch from forign countries it is tough to beat.

It is no worse than a cell phone. It will get cut off on occasion, but so does a cell. It costs very litte to use when you buy time also.

I would recomend it if you travel, but if you have your home base, no need.

Posted: Jun 3, 2007 10:11am
Yes you can.

They have an "invisible" setting which really does work.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
I love skype

find me and chat.
jussyjussy370
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
If your friend also has Skype, then the talk and video are absolutely free! My old college friend now lives in Australia and we chat for next to nothing. I think the cookie is a little worrisome, but it might be worthwhile considering the pros.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
I have "Skype Out" for calling any phone in the 50 States, Canada and Mexico and I have "Skype In" for receiving calls from any phone. The clarity of the calls are better than my land line phone and the price can't be beat.
The only problem I have is a weak signal with my Clearwire connection so there are times that I can't make a call. I am planning on getting this problem solved when I get cable access next year.
I can sit in the parking lot of my local Library and make excellent calls with the wireless connection that the Library uses but that is most inconvenient, so for now I must put up with my lousy connection at home.
I use a USB headset that makes Skype a real pleasure to use and I can still surf the net and do other things with my computer as I talk on the phone.
"Skype In" has an answering machine type mode so callers can leave me a message if I am not online.
Skype is just GREAT!
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Magicmatt1982
View Profile
Loyal user
Southeren IL
295 Posts

Profile of Magicmatt1982
I am new to skype but It is awsome check me out on it matthew hampel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Skype (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL