We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Juan Pablo videos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1108 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I just finished watching the two new video tapes released by Bazar De Magia entitled "The Original Close Up Magic of Juan Pablo". Do NOT miss these or you'll soon be fooled by someone using the material on these tapes.

I first became aware of Juan Pablo Ibanez of Argentina about a year ago while working with John Lovick on the upcoming big bill switch book. Juan Pablo has a GREAT version of the bill switch that he has graciously included in our book. His thinking is superb and will have you saying "ahhh... clever, clever".

These new video tapes are dynamite... some VERY VERY clever thinking and lots of ideas you'll USE. On Volume one, the "Magic Elegance" (a no hands production of a tie while you turn your body around) and "The Fastest Bill Switch" (a bill change that looks like trick photography) are each "worth the price of the video". On volume two, the highlights for me were "Fast Change" (a very strong change of a dollar bill to 2 half dollars) and "0-800 Slicer" (a super routine with a change bag - I NEVER thought I'd speak highly of a routine with a change bag but this was great).

I won't list all of the effects but if you see Murphy's site Click here!, you can see a list/description of the items included on these tapes. You can buy the videos from your favorite dealer.

Highly recommended.

Tim Trono
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1075 Posts

Profile of bekralik
I took your advice. Volume one was actually very good and I learned a few good ideas from there (I agree with you on the highlights of Magic Elegance and the Fastest Bill Switch).

Volume two wasn't really for me, and I thought a few of the tricks were repetitious (the Card in Sword bit, the Card in Sword in balloon bit, etc). If they were being sold separately, I would have just bought volume one and I would have been pleased.

And although I know magic is universal and language knows no barriers, I found something must have been lost in the translation of the routines.

Obviously you won't be getting any of the creator's inside handling, and jokes must not be translatable because I found the delivery wasn't good. Again, before I'm criticized, I totally understand the a translated tape isn't ideal and I should have expected this. I did, to some extent. But for an audio dub-over, they could have totally done a better job, rather than trying to translate exactly what Juan was saying.

Brian
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
550 Posts

Profile of KC
I had a question about Juan Pablo's "Bottle Opener." The description says that it is a clean and amazing production of a bottle. I know you can't get into specifics into methods and handlings, but what does the audience see? Does the audience see a balloon and then it is popped and miraculously, there is bottle?
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1075 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Balloon? From what I remember (although I skimmed the effects I wasn't too interested in), it's the production of a bottle from behind a silk. It looked nice. I'm not familiar with other bottle productions, but it didn't seem revolutionary to me.

You come out on stage holding a silk, show both sides of it, hold it with one hand and then lift it away and there's a bottle. Really must be used as an opener.

Brian
EvanAndrews
View Profile
Regular user
California
128 Posts

Profile of EvanAndrews
Wow sounds great....I watched his rope effect called "Roped" I think it is...and I loved it. I have heard great things about the tapes. Thanks Tim!!!!
????.....Yeah
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Juan Pablo videos (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL