The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » A review on "Dave Womach's Parakeet Gizmo" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Dave Womach is definately on top of his game with anything having to do with parakeet magic (or bird magic in general). In fact, he has released a line of quality parakeet products. So far, you can choose from "Parakeet Gizmo", "Parakeet Pocket" and "Parakeet Windsock" on his website: http://www.davewomach.com, or second site: http://www.magicalbirds.com

This is my review on "Parakeet Gizmo"...

The Effect:
"Imagine being able to produce a parakeet at any point in your act, from virtually anything! Dave Womach has created a utility device so powerful that you can use it to produce a parakeet in almost any setting, even close up (they wont hear any Velcro or snaps opening).

Use this device to produce a parakeet bare handed if you wish! What a powerful opening for an orange lemon egg parakeet routine! The "parakeet gizmo" has been in development for years, and after being tested time and time again by Dave Womach, it's ready for the public.

The perfect product for the magician who is tired of doing the same old bird magic, and is ready to open their minds and put some creativity and originality into their bird act..." (as written on Dave's site)

I was excited to recieve the package from Dave and anxiously opened the packaging to this product first. I was instantly amazed with the quality of the Parakeet Gizmo. I have been use to the cheaply made items for birds that would barely hold up for a short season of shows. That is not an issue with the Parakeet Gizmo. Right off the bat, the double stitching on the gizmo proves that Dave's exstensive work with birds helped in the design and construction of this product!

The vibrant color of each Parakeet Gizmo I recieved were perfect for silk productions and match closely to several of my Rice's Silks. (I recieved purple and royal blue).

First of all, the Instructions packaged with the Gizmo is extremely informative and lays out everything to get you started instantly. Dave covered (in great detail); the effect, method, set-up, producing, loading, troubleshooting, and additional uses with the Parakeet Gizmo... That's more than you see with most magic accessories these days!!!

The device used to reveal the concealed budgie/ parakeet is well made and rarely used- if at all, in bird magic (to my knowledge); however, it makes perfect sense to be used with these little feathered assistants. There is even a little bit of leather reinforcement for your little "nibbler"! (Anyone who has ever worked with a parakeet can agree that they work wonders on your magic equipment with their little beaks and claws... especially when it comes to cloth products). Dave has paid close attention to the bird's claws and comfort. I couldn't help but notice the material used to line the inside of the "Parakeet Gizmo" prevents your keet from getting his claws stuck in the Gizmo.

There is Velcro closure at the back of the Gizmo to accomidate the bird's tail feathers. It is positioned in such a way that your parakeet won't be able to pull a Houdini Act on you in mid-performance.

The eyelet (for the loop) is mounted in the perfect postion to allow for a smooth steal to produce your bird. I would recommend purchasing the "Parakeet Pocket" for breast steals, etc...

If you plan to do a barehanded production or even a parakeet from newspaper effect, the Parakeet Gizmo comes in nine different colors to accomidate your needs: Black, White, Red, Baby Blue, Royal Blue, Hot Pink, Purple, Yellow, and Gray!

All-in-all, there really isn't anything bad I can write about the Parakeet Gizmo! At $50.00 each, that is a "deal for a steal"!!! Dave has definately done his homework with this item and I plan to order a few more colors in the near future!

I believe there is a review in the February 2007 issue of MAGIC Magazine if you need a second reference on this item!
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
I have one of these gizmos myself.

I have just started messing with parakeets, or birds for that matter, in magic.
I know very little about it, but I was able to use this quite easily.

It is a little hard to get the bird in, but it's really the birds fault and not the gizmo.
It's like trying to push a wet rope up a hill.
But I am getting better at getting the little guy in there.

All in all, I am having fun with it.

I also have the DVD's on training, which are good too.
They actually show him train a parakeet in real time.
Not just clips.
It really is quite amazing.

Randi
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
452 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
Quote:
On 2007-06-04 03:03, randirain wrote:
I have one of these gizmos myself.

I have just started messing with parakeets, or birds for that matter, in magic.
I know very little about it, but I was able to use this quite easily.

It is a little hard to get the bird in, but it's really the birds fault and not the gizmo.
It's like trying to push a wet rope up a hill.
But I am getting better at getting the little guy in there.

All in all, I am having fun with it.

I also have the DVD's on training, which are good too.
They actually show him train a parakeet in real time.
Not just clips.
It really is quite amazing.

Randi

Thanks for your kinds words. If you have any questions about it, please feel free to contact me. You can email me: DaveWomach@Yahoo.com - (I do not check my PM's.)

Good luck with it!

Dave
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Bryan, great reviews on all of Dave's products! I read all of them and enjoyed them!

Thanks!
-Vinnie
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Thanks Vinnie!

I would love to hear what ideas everyone has come up with using the parakeet gizmo!

-Bryan
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Hi Smile

I received the Parakeet Gizmo(Red) & is GREAT! Smile

Just a question...it seem the Red Gizmo colour is very DEEP RED...I have tons of Red silks from Japan, China, Italian to Rice silks....etc...but None matches close....I need about 80% match...but it seem most is only 50-60% cos is very DARK/DEEP Red..Unless I dye myself OR custom made a 18" silk with colour...please advise if there is a certain brand of silk matches the RED Parakeet Gizmo before I dye & or custome made a colour.....thanks:)

JY
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Does anyone know if the gizmo comes with a DVD or booklet explaining how to use it? The description at Hocus Pocus says nothing about any instructions. Thanks!
magicodine
View Profile
Regular user
italy
198 Posts

Profile of magicodine
I find it a bit hard to load the gizmo with the parakeet... any tip?
magicodine
View Profile
Regular user
italy
198 Posts

Profile of magicodine
I can't anage to load the gizmo, any tip on parakeet handling?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » A review on "Dave Womach's Parakeet Gizmo" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL