The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mind Shades » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
jimbowmanjr
View Profile
Veteran user
Inside the Bottle
320 Posts

Profile of jimbowmanjr
If you can see through people's clothes with these it might make for some great marketing material...I am sure they would sell out a billion times over.

For the price they are being offered at it is almost worth the risk of simply trying them to see what is possible. You can wear shades all year round anyways.

--Jim
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2692 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Sounds like it's similar to the effect Abuse with the ability to see things others can't.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
If you already wear prescription glasses I assume that's an issue?

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2016!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
724 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
Just wondering...Do these involve having to look away from the spectators??
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2692 Posts

Profile of lunatik
That would possibly make sense mental mike. I've seen older versions, but they had the worse styling. Your thoughts mirrored my thoughts today!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
Lunatic,
and you named it directly. ;-)

But this seems to be the most possible solution for this price and the missing description or video.
I don´t hope it and hope of some reviews instead.
The Gaff Book Collection - the right tool for your booktest.
Music for mentalism and psychic entertainment.
Visit: http://stores.lulu.com/dankworth01
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
First I though it was expensive set of luminous shades, but if no invisible ink, then I am interested. Still would like to know at least what is it, before getting. Maybe review would helped.
Pavlo
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
724 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
Lunatic, lol...If it is what we're thinking, I dunno if I'd want to pay that much for it but then again it might be cool. The more I think about it, the more I like it actually....a paper, rock, scissors routine would be good with this but then again, there might be a lot more people out there that know about these then we think. If so, you wouldn't want to do too much of this stuff for people at one time.

But we will have to wait and see what this is for sure before we start going on about this...lol

I am looking forward to this.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4212 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Well if it were mirror lenses how would you know what card a person chose. You would have to turn around and have the people hold the card up or something....just seems weird.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2682 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Hey guys, we revamped the ad copy, and tried to simplify some of the key points which make this product stand out and to give you a better idea of what it is you get with out too much exposure for those not familiar with the concept. Also let me assure you that with MindShades, the lenses utilize a more advanced technology that renders the gimmick invisible to anyone except for the performer. For this product, one manufacturer specially constructed the stylish frames, and a second company re-mastered the lens technology for MindShades. More of this is explained better in our new ad copy here:

http://www.masterofillusions.ca/mindshades.html

Trust me, when we had these deliverd to our shop, we went bonkers, these glasses are at the next level and exactly what I imagined when I first started this project last year.

P.
Brand New: - MICRO VANISHING STATUE OF LIBERTY ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.tenyoelite.com
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
jimbowmanjr
View Profile
Veteran user
Inside the Bottle
320 Posts

Profile of jimbowmanjr
Having a pretty good idea of what these are now based on the updated ad I would say they will have their uses but require a bit of help from the spectators in order to derive the information you want. I remember the older versions and yes they were terrible so I hope these are much less conspicuous.

I could be totally wrong on what these glasses really are but I could probably find some use for these glasses outside of magic to keep my kids in line =)

--Jim
Bosko
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Bosko
Man... Don´t tell me that is kind of the old "mirrorred" glasses toy, but more expensive. Too much just to seeing things behind you!!!
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
1) Do you have 'clip on' version or similar? I already wearing shortsight glasses?
2) can I hand mindshades to spectator to examine?
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
Quote:
On 2007-06-12 20:04, wise owl wrote:
2) can I hand mindshades to spectator to examine?

why run if your not being chased.. who would really suspect something with sunglasses?
Eric Gretencord
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, TX
155 Posts

Profile of Eric Gretencord
This would work great with Devin Knight's Farsight.
He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder.
-M. C. Escher
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
724 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
I just ordered it, I'll let ya'll know what I think of it when I receive it.
nikstokes
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of nikstokes
I just got mine in yesterday and they do exactly what they say. It seems like it's gonna take some practice. I'm still a little skeptical about if I really do like them or not. But I'll keep messing with them and see where I can get.
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Can the spectator really check out the shades without them stumbling onto a secret? I'd like to get this myself..
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
775 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Put it this way...

When I first picked these up, I was like "cool sunglasses."
Then, I was like "where's the special feature?"

Honestly, it is not apparent right away. The frames were built by one company and then the lenses remastered by a sister company with the help of an entirely different company.

The invisibility of the gimmick is extraordinary.
No way anyone around you will detect anything.

Mind Shades are far superior to other models.
The angle range and optics are incredible and a performer's dream.

I really love the comfort on these. The ear piece is nice and soft. Good quality cushion.
Very stylish, high quality shades.
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mind Shades » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL