The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » A web cam site for close-up magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

Profile of Ethan the emazing
Hey I was wondering wat you guys thought of an idea I had. I was thinking about creating a web site so magicians could chat and show off thier new tricks or moves. There would be diff. catagory's like, card magic, money magic, ball magic (such as sponge balls, billiard balls, cups and balls, and the chop cup) and one for all other close up magic. Tell me what you think.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Not bad idea.

Other forums have a file sharing section. Maybe the MagicCafe could host one?
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

I don't think so, I think someone has already suggested something like that and they turned it down. The site I was thinkin of makin would be password protected, the way you would get the password would be by filling out a question and answer form.
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
Hi Ethan,

I'm wondering about potential overlaps with magicvideodepot.com ? Possible similarities in function here, I'm thinking? Let me know what you think. Cheers,

Chris
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

This website would be using web cams, the video would not be uploaded and you can text chat at the same time. There would be audio and video and text available to use. So in other words you wouldn't need a web cam to chat, you can still watch others even if you don't have one yourself. I have started the work on this project. I am going to be launching a trial basis site. If I get enough interest and members, I will spend more time in making it better. To become a member you will have to fill out a simple form, I will then look it over and if it is up to snuff, I will send the applicants the password to enter the chats. When I get the trial site up and running I will tell everyone here. If you have any ideas please let me know.

Ethan
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
Ah I see, so real time interaction. Very nice idea; good luck with the project. Smile
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

Correct, I hope too see you there sometime when I get it running. I've gotten some interest, so I will be continuing the site. If possible please put a link to us on your sites so we can get more members and more interest
C-Taylor
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of C-Taylor
Its a good idea.. like a jam session but it could bring people from all over the world together.
"theres a lot of good card magic in that book, unfortunately you have to have skill to do most of it." Smile
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Sounds like a good idea to me. I may be interested in signing up.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

Cool, I have been having a few problems with the web cam site I was using to host it, so I will probably be switching over soon. Thank you for your interest.
Shakey
View Profile
Veteran user
In over 4 million i've made
360 Posts

Profile of Shakey
Ethan - search for Jaxon here in the Café, he sits on a Monday for a similar web exchange
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

That is where I got the idea from. It got mr thinking, wouldn't it be cool if there was an entire site devoted to web cams for magicians. So now I have created such a site.
Shakey
View Profile
Veteran user
In over 4 million i've made
360 Posts

Profile of Shakey
Ethan - keep me posted
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » A web cam site for close-up magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL