The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Punchout Magic Wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
I just received a new $22 wallet,Punchout Magic Wallet, from http://www.fossil.com and it is a cute little magic trick.

The wallet does not come with any routines, and I am not sure yet what to do. Not sure how to present this trick without it becoming obvious. The outside card slots are on top and the same on both sides, so how do I lay the wallet down and open it again without them knowing how it was done?

I was hoping somebody out there can help me out with routines.

The Leather on this thing is fantastic, and the craftmanship is excellent. There are three upper slots on the outside of each folds, and inner slots on top edge of each folds.

Please help me out.
Thanks
Billgussen
View Profile
Elite user
Central Japan
497 Posts

Profile of Billgussen
Are you sure this is a trick? It sounds to me like they used the word "magic" just because the straps hold things in.

Advertisers love the word "magic," and you will see it in all sorts of locations that have nothing to do with the art of performance magic.

With luck, some other magician has bought this and figured a routine for it, but if not, I'm afraid you'll have to be creative.

Bill
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

I am fully aware of a lot of cheap advertisements going on in our magical kingdom, but I just happen to like the smell of leather and $22 was a really low price compared to other wallets that might sell for $150. I have the Triple threat and carry it around all the time. The Fossil wallet is my new edition to my leather wallet collection (third).

I have seen this trick with hard plastic slates somewhere when I was a kid, and would not mind trying it out because it looks so simple. It being leather and I like leather, being cute and simple at the same time, and at a low price made me go out and buy it.

The Art of Magical Performance is the key to any routine, and this is what I am looking for in this specific trick. You are right when you say that I have to be creative, and that is part of the reason I brought it in the first place. I am sort of testing myself to see if I can pull it off with my own sense of creativity. I am kind of slow on the creativity part, therefore some help from others who have experience with this trick won't hurt. It's looks so simple and the leather makes me want to try it. LET"S HAVE FUN!

Many thanks
Quote:
On 2007-06-06 01:24, Billgussen wrote:
Are you sure this is a trick? It sounds to me like they used the word "magic" just because the straps hold things in.

Advertisers love the word "magic," and you will see it in all sorts of locations that have nothing to do with the art of performance magic.

With luck, some other magician has bought this and figured a routine for it, but if not, I'm afraid you'll have to be creative.

Bill
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
749 Posts

Profile of Roki
Its curious that no one has responded to this thread since last year. These wallets are quite common in the U.S. and many magicians must have come across them . I have just seen one in the U.K. ,also at Fossil . I think they have great potential .
I have heard one well known mentalist has written about its devious use but is no longer releasing the book or wallet.
Perhaps its the location of the topic .
I think as a wallet that can be used to switch or peek or force or NW and is available in the public domain would be of interest . Wouldn't it ?
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

It's been so long since I used this wallet, but some of the kids that saw me perform with this wallet say that they remember me performing it. I guess that is the goal of a magician is to make memorable magic.

I now realize from experience that it does not take much patter or presentation to perform with this kind of wallet. Also, it is not something that should be handed out.

Tandy Leather company sells this wallet as a kit that you can make yourself. Just wanted to share this bit of information.

I wish someone who has experience this type of wallet would speak up and share their experience.

I am waiting for "Luna" to arrive from Outlaw-effects, and when it does arrive I am going to combine my wallet with the "Luna" book-test. Use the wallet to test their sanity after pysching them out with Luna.

Later
Keith
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
749 Posts

Profile of Roki
Hey , a Tandy kit !! Who wants to go into business ?
We'll make the wallets and make up the routines . If no on else is publishing we will be the inventors !!
AD: " New peek wallet . Never before invented by the magic community . Using a never before principle . The magician does not even touch the spectators card or need to remove a second card . No SUC peek , no threads , wires , magnets , hairdriers . wallet can be examined before and after as a wallet available in the shops . etcetera etcetera " Who's in ? Send me your routine ideas .

{BTW Its possible I am not totally serious about this . }
NurseRob
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
469 Posts

Profile of NurseRob
I ordered a triple threat too, not delivered yet. What is your favorite thing to do with it? what whould be the easiest effect a beginner can do?
Ut imago est animi voltus sic indices oculi ~
The face is a picture of the mind as the eyes are its interpreter ~Cicero
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Punchout Magic Wallet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL