The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » List of cups and balls routine ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks, zwong.

Is Shigeo Takagi doing a 1 cup routine or a chop cup routine? What is his finale? Does he also work with 2 cups or 3 cups? How about the bowls routine?

You can just reveal how many cups he used and what his finale is.
zwong
View Profile
New user
Australia
83 Posts

Profile of zwong
The routine goes like this:

Shigeo starts by playing around with a wooden cup and a ball, making it appear, disappear and travels between hand, pocket and cup.

The ball then puff up and change size in the cup. So the "final" load is actually introduced before the end.

Then it slowly became apparent that the cup is actually solid.

The finale is when the final load actually penetrates the solid cup and revealed again when Shigeo separates the 2 halves of the cup.

Well, as for as I understand it, it's a very gimmicked wooden cup which is really a normal sized wooden cup in 2 parts. The bottom (mouth side) part is solid while the top part is hollow and can be filled with loads. Both parts come together to form a very normal looking wooden cup. Not a chop cup.

I hope that helps.
zwong
View Profile
New user
Australia
83 Posts

Profile of zwong
I'm not aware of any bowl routines from him. If there is, I would love to see it!
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks,Zwong, I will have Shigeo's name in the list in my next update.

BTW, does he publish his routine in any book?
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1300 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Yes the book is The Amazing Miracles of Shigeo Takagi.
The routine with the soilid cup is on page 26
The routine is calle simply : The Solid Cup
It is really well thought out and uses two balls and two final loads.
It appears to magicinas that he is using a chopped cup but it is not a chop cup at all.
It was first written up in 1977.
In the same book on page 94 Mr. Takagi has a three bowl routine. Title of it is :
Owan to Toma
uses silk traditional balls that he teaches you how to make and a fruit (3 ) final load. It is performed to traditional Japanese Soft steady music. It is a very pretty routine.

I would like to get a cup from Jake now....the routines are too good not to work on.
Later,
Mobius
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks, Mike. Shigeo Takagi's name will also be mentioned in the list under the bowls routine.
zwong
View Profile
New user
Australia
83 Posts

Profile of zwong
Quote:
On 2007-07-16 15:34, Mobius303 wrote:
Yes the book is The Amazing Miracles of Shigeo Takagi.
The routine with the soilid cup is on page 26
The routine is calle simply : The Solid Cup
It is really well thought out and uses two balls and two final loads.
It appears to magicinas that he is using a chopped cup but it is not a chop cup at all.
It was first written up in 1977.
In the same book on page 94 Mr. Takagi has a three bowl routine. Title of it is :
Owan to Toma
uses silk traditional balls that he teaches you how to make and a fruit (3 ) final load. It is performed to traditional Japanese Soft steady music. It is a very pretty routine.

I would like to get a cup from Jake now....the routines are too good not to work on.
Later,
Mobius

Well said. I couldn't have put it better myself.
Yes, the routines are too good not to work on. Any idea where I can get my hands on the special solid cups of his?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The solid cup occasionally shows up on magic auction sites, such as Ron Alessi's IMA site. Tricks, Inc. has issued a copy of this cup.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
I think Jake at RnTII is also doing a version of the solid cup (it may be one of his limited editions, though).
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
The solid cup would be a good and different routine to play with.

Any idea when Jake is launching his version of the solid cup?
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1300 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
I thought it was already on his site.
Mobius
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
It's in the 'One of a Kind' section of the RnT2 website.
Richard
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Is Jake having a few sets left or is that the only one left at his site?
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2131 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Hi everyone, sorry for not chiming in sooner, I was away in Jersey for a funeral for the past several days.

I generally make these to order, solid or 2 piece. Price is generally dictated on the type of wood you choose. We do not supply a routine, it's simply the props. All of the cups we have done for this have been either Rosewood or a burl wood.

I believe Harry Murphy gave us a favorable review on the Café of our solid cup made of East Indies Rosewood.

Any questions, please feel free to PM or email me a jake@rnt2.com

I'm trying to get caught up on emails and PM's as quickly as possible from over the past few days and have some orders to fill, I'll get back to you as soon as I can with a reply if you write.

-Jake
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Roy J Hopwood
View Profile
New user
Richmond BC Canada
23 Posts

Profile of Roy J Hopwood
Magicians that I have seen live performing cups and balls include:

Michael Ammar
Shawn Farquhar
Tim Ellis
Nick Nicholas
Take Care

Roy J Hopwood
Magical Entertainer

"He who stops being better stops being good."

Oliver Cromwell
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
My list of live viewings includes:
Michael Ammar
Johnny "Ace" Palmer
Someone who produced baseballs, and a full size baseball BAT
Michael Skinner
Tom Frank
Gazzo

Maybe that's telling us something. Of all the people performing this, when it comes down to it very few people have actually seen this performed live and in public. All mine (with the exception of Skinner) have been magician only events. If we as magicians haven't seen that many, what are the chances that the average layperson has ever seen this at all? The field is wide open out there. Of all the variations available, it's for our own enjoyment. As far as percentages go, nobody seems to see this stuff but us.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Noel M
View Profile
Loyal user
San Rafael. CA
208 Posts

Profile of Noel M
Did we omit Danny Tong's Chop Cup routine
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks, Noel. I think Danny Tong's name is not in the list. I will include him in.

May I know what balls and how many does he use? How about his finale? How many final loads? What balls does he use? What cup does he use?
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I never thought to mention him because it's not a "Cups and Balls" routine.

Danny uses one ball(as far as they know), one cup. The "final load" is a build up from a color change, to another(larger) ball.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Is Danny's one cup routine a one cup routine or is it a chop cup routine?

Does he perform 2 or 3 cups routine also?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » List of cups and balls routine ... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL