The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » List of cups and balls routine ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
This particular one is definitely "Chop Cup" although he precedes it with a few sleight of hand moves. In that case, this one blurs the lines a bit.

For $10 you can see it on the new "Reel Magic Quarterly" video magazine advertised here.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Noel M
View Profile
Loyal user
San Rafael. CA
208 Posts

Profile of Noel M
Danny's routine is on his #2 video. To the audience it's one ball. The finaly is 2 large but different type balls as I recall. There may be a color change as well but I can't remember.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Yes, the first reveal of a "second ball" is a color change. "You may have figured that I use two balls, one's green (the first was red), the other looks an awful lot like that" as he reveals the large yellow ball. Nice double climax to a very smooth routine.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Here's the latest update on the 'Cups and Balls Routines'.

Instead of searchning through this thread for the latest update all the time, I have created a web page for this list. This is to make it easy for everyone to print a copy of it every time it is updated.

Please Click Here to view the latest upd......nes List
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
OK here are some pertinent notes:

Abraham Bongers you list is really Fred Kaps' actual name. He did a 3 cup routine with sponge balls.

As did: Senator Crandall, Laurie Ireland, Johnny Paul, Jim Ryan. (All Chicago bar types.

Jay Marshall did cups and balls

DAnny Dew and Paul Fox too.

Indian Cups: Shankar Junior, Charlie Miller and Johnny Platt (and yours truly). There is another Indian magician on YouTube that does it as well.

Don Alan did Chop Cup, Bowl and a Hat routine (all in same show) Called "A Darker Shade of Malini" producing a lump of coal instead of the block of ice.

Paul Daniels does the Chop Cup AS WELL AS THE MALINI with hat and BLOCK OF ICE.

SERGIO BARROS is a terrific busker in London (he's Brazilian) and learned the routine FROM Gazzo.

Lee Hathaway is another UK Busker in Covent Garden doing cups.

Dean Dill has a clever routine with 3 cups as does Allan Hayden (based on "find the pea" and is similar at the end to the Vernon.

Mike Rogers did Paul Fox chick cups in trade shows. Vernonesque routine

Fred Kaps did a 1-cup routine using a collapsible camera lens shade (so it would fold flat I his pocket)

Bill Wells, USA, does a routine in Colonial Williamsburg that fits the time with costume, etc.

Joe Berg had a set of cups made of Wicker? or Raffia? he marketed.

OK CHOP CUPS

YOU MISSED AL WHEATLEY AKA CHOP CHOP

Ron Wilson (many think Larry Jennings created the routine but it was Wilson with Bob Stencel who came up with the load using a silk for cover).

I created the bowl routine using a musical TAMBOURINE the noise of the tambo covers a noisy load. Pat Page showed in a video loading a huge fistfull of coins on a glass table top. No noticable sound thanks to the Tambo.

I also used a rubber toilet plunger (others came up with same idea independently"

One being Mike caveney

Benson's Bowl was based on the Japanese Owan ta toma written up by Takagi (who I saw do this)...

The other early bowl routine was the REZVANI TOMATO TRICK.... Which I have adapted some of, but the MASTER with it was DICK ZIMMERMAN, usa, who did it cross legged on the floor and fried all with the final load (a brick)!

Did you list Shankar Jr. with Indian cups? There is an Indian performer on You Tube doing it in the streets in India, forget his name.

Goshman did a great Bowl Routine finishing with a large bagel, followed by "Locks" (LOX?) Padlocks.

Oh, Mark Jensest routine with the little jigger "jiggernaut" ??

My Cocktail surprise using a cocktail shaker for a one cup routine

Shoot Ogwawa also does a one cup routine with a cocktail shaker

That's all I can think of right now.

phew
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1062 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Hi,
The spelling is "OWAN TO TAMA"...

John Carney has a routine with a coffee cup, a crumpled bill from which a corner has been cut off and given to a spectator and a knife.The final load is a lemon, inside which is found the vanished bill. The final climax is when _ of course _ the corner matches the bill.
It's in Carneycopia, p. 99.
There's also Harry Riser's routine involving three heavy copper Ross Bertram cups, five crochet-covered cork balls an inch diameter, and three crochet-covered rubber balls, two and a half diameter.

I have read the post, yet maybe those inputs have already been done...
Sorry if it's the case,
Regards,
swindler
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of swindler
I do a one cup and ball routine using metal balls throughout. It can be done table hopping and requires no lapping. its on my DVD "Punishment" available from Murphys.
Available for hangings, funerals or any special occasion.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Pete:

THANK YOU very much for those latest inputs and corrections. Hope you did not get arthritis posting them LOL Smile

lawrens:
Thanks for the input. Will check and include them as well.

swindler:

I will include you in the list. Thanks for dropping by.

This list will continue to grow as more inputs are contributed.

A very BIG THANK YOU to all that have contributed.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13396 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
My routine uses 3 cups with 4 oranges and a coconut final load.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1947 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
2 cups, 3 very special working balls, 3 -whatever I can get- final loads (I am desiring Doug Higley's shrunken heads) and a great deal of profanity.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
959 Posts

Profile of lint
Quote:
On 2007-08-31 08:29, swindler wrote:
I do a one cup and ball routine using metal balls throughout. It can be done table hopping and requires no lapping. its on my DVD "Punishment" available from Murphys.

that is a great routine!

-todd
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Frank: Your 3 cups routine will be added to the list.

Josh: Your 2 cups routine will also be added to the list.
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1468 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
I never thought that I'd get on this list but here goes:

I do a three cup routine, my final loads are three fake eggs.

I do a two cup routine but it is basically David Williamsons.

I do a chop cup routine, the final load is an eight ball.

I am working on a two chop cup routine.

Tom
"But there isn't a door"
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Suzanne, a wonderful female close upper from Minnesota (a student of Al Schneider) does a wonderful cups and balls routine (3 cups) with a finish of a cup full of "diamonds" (zircons?) Which fools me and I understand is a creation of Al's.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks, Pete. May I know Suzanne's full name? I would like to include her to the list too.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Quote:
On 2007-08-31 18:39, Tom Fenton wrote:
I never thought that I'd get on this list but here goes:

I do a three cup routine, my final loads are three fake eggs.

I do a two cup routine but it is basically David Williamsons.

I do a chop cup routine, the final load is an eight ball.

I am working on a two chop cup routine.

Tom

Tom, you will be in the list. Nice routines you have there.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Sorry, James, she only uses "Suzanne" and I don't know her full name. It's kinda like "Gazzo" that's all he uses.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks, Pete. I will just list her as Suzanne then. Hope to find her full name one day.
freddypunns
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of freddypunns
Hey James. Thanks for compiling that massive list for us.

- Freddy
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
James - Sue's last name is Sinclair. Sue uses rhinestones as a final load. The principle she employes is demonstrated by Al Schneider on his DVD set; Al uses 'shards' of glass.

Getting enough rhinestones to fill a cup can be pretty expensive, though Czech-made rhinestones are much cheaper. A much trickier business is to get the foil backing off the stones so that they look like real diamonds. I use rhinestones as a load for my Sherwood cups and have done some work on the preparation of the stones and would be happy to share if interested.

Richard
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » List of cups and balls routine ... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL