The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Qualatex 260's near Union, NJ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Hey guys.

Just wondering if any sores might sell Qualatex 260's that are near or in Union, NJ.

Thanks, and any help is great!
-Vinnie
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Hey guys, any help? =[

Pleassssse. =]
-Vinnie
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Hey guys, just letting ya know that I found a place.

Just incase anyone needs the same info in the future, I found this place in Westfield (about 17 minutes where I live):

http://www.partystopcostumecorner.com

Smile
-Vinnie
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jakeg
I'm always concerned about freshness when I'm buying balloons. It's great to have a local place in emergencies, but I've gotten caught with old stock that has a large number that pop as they're being blown up.
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Yeah, your right, Jake. I remember ordering from a place in Texas, and when I got my assortment packs, they were super fresh!

But, I just got a call earlier this week about a birthday party and they wanted balloon twisting too. (The pay was good. Smile ) So, I had to find a local place - hopefully there balloons will be good. =]

-Vinnie
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

UPDATEEEEEEEEEEE:

There are no Qualatex Balloons at the store I listed above. I got some bad info.

I just got back and ended up having to shell out $20 for a 144 pack of cheap-o 'Pioneer National' balloons.

I needed them for my show tomorrow, so hopefully they'll last. I'll be getting some Qualatex balloons online this weekend thought for future shows.

-Vinnie
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Vinnie: If you ever get stuck like that again, I suggest that you call out to some of the NJ guys on the list that might have a bag or two that they can spare.
I live in Monmouth County and generally keep a stock for my own use. I'm sure that there are others out there who would be more than willing to help out.
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Thanks Jake! I'll keep that in mind. Smile

-Vinnie
alexa
View Profile
Veteran user
NJ
393 Posts

Profile of alexa
Same here. I'm in South Brunswick and order single color bags and prints, and hearts so I've got em. It's cheaper and fresher to buy a decent stock from http://www.btydirect.com and pay the extra shipping on a last minute gig than buy cruddy local ones with ridiculous overhead costs. Your client gets the quality they're paying for, and of course you can always charge an "inconvience" last minute fee.
Just my thoughts on the matter.

Alexa
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Alexa, yeah, your right... The show I had last Saturday I was supposed to get $75, but she gave me $100 because it was on such short notice.

Oh, and thanks for the link! Their prices are GREAT!!!

-Vinnie
alexa
View Profile
Veteran user
NJ
393 Posts

Profile of alexa
Vinnie,

I don't know your level of experience or what exactly you did at the party, but I have a feeling you're charging wayyyy too little. I don't leave the house for less than $125, but most of my shows want fuller packages so I'm getting between $250-$400+ for most birthday parties. I'm sixteen, however I have been doing this my whole life.

Alexa
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Heh, I have a topic going on about this in the Tricky Business section right now... I'm not new to magic at all, but I'm new to marketing. that's why the topic is going on. Feel free to drop by the topic.

All the best,
-Vinnie
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4416 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Alex you are cahrging $400 for a party and are 16? Wow you must be perfroming to some of your recent class mates? Smile

Not sure that at teh age of 16 "doing it my whole life" means a lot Smile sorry not really fare I have not seen you perform.

Vut hell if you are getting the repeat bookings you must be doing something right! Nice one!
alexa
View Profile
Veteran user
NJ
393 Posts

Profile of alexa
I advertise that I am sixteen with over twelve years of professional children's and family entertainment experience. I own the family company and hire out myself as well as several other entertainers who I've personally asked if they've wanted to work for my company based on what I've seen of them perform.

When I do balloon sculptures I'm working for a minimum of an hour because I make intricate fancy multiple balloon sculptures that Joe Schmoe next door can't do. This is a show in and of itself. Usually they also want a magic show and/or face painting, which is when we get up to $400+. This is what the market bears in my area.

I am a senior in high school, most of my birthday parties are for 3-8 yrs old. Hardly for my peers, although I encourage the adults to watch my shows as it is multi-level family entertainment, not some tricks by a random kid. Teenagers as well as adults enjoy my performances, and obviously the younger ones it is most prominently geared towards.

Everyone who hires me is well aware of my age and is most importantly aware of my professional experience that an "adult" may or may not have, and I am not shy about having them call past clients, who book me again and again.

Alexa
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Alexa, just wondering, but what part on NJ do you live?

-Vinnie
alexa
View Profile
Veteran user
NJ
393 Posts

Profile of alexa
Sourh Brunswick---it's about 15-20 minutes from Princeton. However, I travel throughout the tri-state area, especially for larger shows.

Alexa
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Qualatex 260's near Union, NJ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL