The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Bisection By: Andrew Mayne » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Vincenzo
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
215 Posts

Profile of Vincenzo
I was just at weirdthings.com and saw a new animation of Andrew performing Bisection. It looks kinda like a really cheap version of Steve Fearson's Laser (not really a bad thing.)
If you had Pocket Sawing in Half, you could combine the two and have a really cool routine.
Does anyone have it yet?
Smile
mghia
View Profile
Veteran user
Kymystical
387 Posts

Profile of mghia
Where did you see the clip? I am still not quite sure I understand what this effect is?
I only read the copy on Hank Lee's site
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
Go to http://www.weirdthings.com and view Andrew Mayne's image clip of "Bisection"......

Thumbs up...and very inexpensive!
mghia
View Profile
Veteran user
Kymystical
387 Posts

Profile of mghia
I did not see any video clips of the effect, just a fast moving gif which does not show me the actual effect.

A follow up:

This is one rude dude!

I went to his site and did not see any clear visuals of the effect. I also did not get his pocket sawing gif. I do not see the trick.
Anyway I asked for clarification beyond the gif and got the rudest response ever.

I would say do not deal with this guy.

There was no call for his attitude. So I forward his response to a simple question because as they say, "Give good customer service and the client will tell his friends. Give bad customer service and the client will tell EVERYONE not to deal with you."

See below

"You're the first one to tell me that you're having trouble understanding
What the trick is about.

Maybe it's not for you.

Andrew

Andrew Mayne"

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 9:41PM -0500, Mark Ghia wrote:
> I am looking for clarification on your effects.
> Bisection
> The animated gif does not tell me what the effect really. Your
> description is vague.
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
Doesn't seem very rude to me. He's telling you that if you don't understand it than maybe it's not something for you.

Maybe I'm missing the rudeness...?
Corey King
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Yeah, I agree with Corey. I can completely make the effect out by looking at the gif. The jacket covers the upper half of his body and when lowered further, the upper half of his body has vanished.
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
You must also know Andrew to understand the inflection he might have used to say this...sometimes it doesn't translate well on the net.....It wouldn't be Andy if he hadn't responded like this.....

I aqcuired Andy's products and will continue to do so in the future....Rudeness and clarity included!

Got gif.? Got it? Good!

Gents it's less than 20.00dollars...?

Here is the description....

"At any time during your presentation make half of your body disappear and then in a fraction of a second make it reappear..."

"Got gif?"

Respectfully submitted,
r2
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
I think it looks great...
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
Liyao
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Liyao
What's the link?

Can't see any gif of that.

If possible, please post the address.

Thanks
Mack Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
The Burgh' Pittsburgh, PA
268 Posts

Profile of Mack Magic
Hello.
Just go to http://www.weirdthings.com and on the homepage, click on the link on the far right and you'll see it's the first thing on the page with a description and an animation right next to it.
It looks good from the animation and description. I always like whatever it may be when I get something made by him, so I might try to purchase this in the future.
Just my 2 cents..
Mack Magic
* "May your life be like toliet paper..long and useful."
* "If the shoe fits, get another one just like it."
* "Use the talents you have, for the woods would be a very silent place if only the best birds sang!"
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
Can someone say top of pants shell glued to the back? Just Kidding Smile

Jakks
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
571 Posts

Profile of KC
I think that it looks pretty cool.
mghia
View Profile
Veteran user
Kymystical
387 Posts

Profile of mghia
You just don't get it.
It is a GIF! A gif can be edited to remove any negative flow of an effect.

On Hank Lee’s site it does not show the gif.

SO based on the Copy it is vague. It does not say what half of the body vanishes or what material can be used. (Limited to the coat) There aren’t any reviews out yet so I am supposed to make my decision on the product based on how cheap the price is?

Funny, no one has yet to review the product. So you all like the picture but how many have and use it?

I am amazed you people base the QUALITY on a GIF! I could show you many miracles using the power of photos made into gifs but they might not be how the audience sees the actual effect.

Rey REY, the PRICE of the product means it is ok to do things different?

"Gents it's less than 20.00dollars...? "

So what does that mean? They are plans. I was not asking for much, just a quick clarification. Listen, if I was on my phone text messaging someone quick I might say, “I am out, how might I help you, what don’t you understand?”
NOT ‘It might not be for you, you are the first who does not understand’ That my friend, IS rude.

Rey Rey why "You must also know Andrew to understand the inflection he might have used to say this...sometimes it doesn't translate well on the net...It wouldn't be Andy if he hadn't responded like this... "

I do not KNOW ANDREW and that is the point.
You are right; one can read different things in an email. It is the job of the person writing correspondence to make sure the words can't be looked at the wrong way.

When someone asks for clarification, you do not blow him or her off or make a condescending remark when they needed further dialog.

I COULD CARE LESS IF YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTOOD ALL. I WANTED MORE INFORMATION AND DID NOT EXPECT A BLOW OFF TO MY EMAIL!

PLEASE! If this product were $200 you would all be asking for more info. Give me a break.

I am sorry ya'll, some of his other effects have been poorly reviewed on this forum and I need more before I even think of buying one of his plans.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Hey mghia,

Calm down buddy. I agree, alot of people here are basing their opinion on an animated gif, but they possibly DON'T KNOW it's a gif, so you might have to excuse them.

I, like you, would like to see a clearer 'view' of this effect and I agree that the GIF isn't a way to go with previewing magic tricks, unless it's frame-rate is fast - but that's a different story.

The people here got side-tracked by the mail you put up and ended up talking about that - it happens, forget about it.

Like you, I hope someone puts up a decent review of this product!

Take care and all the best Smile

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
Haha... Jakks... I was just about to write that shell of pants to back thing just now. hahahaha... Looks like you beat me to it. But you gotta admit, it looks pretty much like that. ahahahaha... Although I gotta say it does look good.
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
mghia-

NOONE has used it yet. It isn't even shipping yet. Geez...these days of the 21st Century, everyone is just relying on demo videos. Back in the day, you DID have to rely on a 'vague description'. Andrew gave his reasons for making a .gif instead of a video, so I doubt you will see one any time soon.

The effect per the .gif goes something like this: Take a jacket and hold it in front of you, covering your upper half. When you lower it, your upper half is gone, top of the pants visible above the jacket.

Is that better??
Corey King
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
571 Posts

Profile of KC
I think that it looks good, even though it is an animated gif. The only downfall is, that if your arms are holding the jacket/coat, and your upper body "vanishes", what's keeping the jacket from falling on the ground?
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
Duh, magic! Smile

Jakks Smile
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
Good point, KC! Never really thought about it like that.
Corey King
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
Tell you what Mghia..let's put this one to bed...it has grown tired....

I shall buy a manuscript for you and send it to you for free..just to ease the pain from the insult you might have felt from Andrew's email..

Please pm me your address I am not kidding?
I have a spare 20.00 dollars.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Bisection By: Andrew Mayne » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL