The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Barfly Billet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Quote:
On 2007-08-04 23:07, fib wrote:
Basil or Vladimir.

Vladimir.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Just a note for any interested parties, the next manuscript "A Guy Walks into a Bar, a complete mentalism act for less than the price of this manuscript" will be available on lulu.com Sunday. JW
fbnc
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis
227 Posts

Profile of fbnc
Thanks for the advice John, I really like your Barfly Billet and your recent posts contain some of the best advice I'v ever read on the Café.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Wow. Thanks.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2077 Posts

Profile of David Numen
I was lucky enough to receive an advanced copy of this from Charles and I am mightily glad he sent it to me – he tells me that this will be priced at $12.50 and all I can say is go and get it as you will be paid back at least a hundred-fold.

It is, quite simply, one of the most intelligent pieces of writing I have seen in Mentalism. I personally feel, when you read between the lines of a lot of books in our art, that most authors either don’t perform much in the “real” world or walk through life with serious delusions about their entertainment ability. Not the case with Charles – here he outlines a complete act which is not only super-strong in terms of effect (and if you aren’t happy with the notion of the audience believing you are truly psychic then this may make you uneasy although Charles does cover this topic) but profound and entertaining from an audience perspective and it’s clear that the man knows what he is talking about through what really matters – experience.

It’s a thought provoking book and you may not agree with everything he lays on the table but it’s through such disagreements that we learn about who we are as performers and we start to find our “true” self as opposed to the bland copycats that many of us can so easily end up being.

One stand-out point for me is his discussion of what his powers are - too many performers in our field want to do "everything" and I think their credibility suffers as a result. Charles has woven his act around his own decision as to what abilities he wishes to display and it's far stronger for it.

Thought provoking, practical and inspirational. One of the best reads I have had in a long time
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
David, many thanks. The manuscript " A Guy Walks Into a Bar..." is now available at lulu.com. Just search John Wells.
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
Can someone say more about the ebook "A Guy Walks Into a Bar"?

Thanks!

Carsten
Optimists have more fun.....
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Hi Carsten. There isa thread devoted to A Guy Walks In on the ebook subforum.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I read "The Barfly Billet" today. I haven't played much with the tear, itself, yet. However, I thought the routine was fantastic and well worth the asking price, alone. It's definitely a step above the standard stuff most folks do with their tears. If the reader ends up with a great tear too (I suspect that will be the case,) then that's a pretty swell bonus. Recommended!!

Thanks,

Elliott
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Mr. Bressler, my deepest thanks.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
The next manuscript, "Devilishly Transcendent and other card tricks from behind the bar" appears on lulu.com tonight.
peculiarone
View Profile
Veteran user
Fence almost done. I've already put in
324 Posts

Profile of peculiarone
I looked on lulu and can't find it.

pecon
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
I apologize for the false alarm. My dsl died yesterday, and I stll haven't gotten all the bugs out. I hope to have this thing out tomorrow.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
This will, I guarantee, be available tonight.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
"Devilishly Transcendent and other card tricks from behind the bar (including the barfly's home companion)" is now available at lulu.com.
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote:
On 2007-08-25 03:51, David Numen wrote:
One stand-out point for me is his discussion of what his powers are - too many performers in our field want to do "everything" and I think their credibility suffers as a result. Charles has woven his act around his own decision as to what abilities he wishes to display and it's far stronger for it.

Could anybody say what abilities he displays?
TJ
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
I have visions; brought about through touch among other things.
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote:
On 2007-10-16 08:39, JohnWells wrote:
I have visions; brought about through touch among other things.

Thanks
TJ
Julian Kestrel
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Julian Kestrel
Can someone tell me where this is sold?
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Yes.

It has been off the market for awhile, and will be re-released in December, on Lulu. It has several advantages not found in other tears, such as the opening and read done with no discernible movements of the hands or fingers. For those who are having difficulty. on the how and when to open the billet, Johns tear solves the problem. You actually Origami in a working lever that pivots the billet open. You'll like it.

The price will be reasonable.

I understand John also teaches it during his lectures, along with some advanced thinking, so be sure to catch one of those if you have the opportunity.

This will be underpriced when it is released and will please many performers. Stay tuned.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Barfly Billet (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL