The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Whats the standard balloon size? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

briann
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of briann
What is it?

I'm new to ballooning and don't want to make anything super special. I just want to make the basic figures and hats. really cool hats. what size it just big enough and not to small? my guess is a 260Q, am I about right?

please help!

oh, and what do you guys think of bad to the ballon? I'm really considering ordering it.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
You are correct about the balloon size. I really liked Bad To The Balloon and think it is a good DVD. There is a DVD by Tricky The Clown that is very inexpensive that introduced you to balloon twisting and gives you a number of figures to make, that may be a good one to start with....but you can also get Bad to the Balloon as a follow up.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Well, actually, the size is 260. The "Q" just indicates the BRAND balloon. You have 260P (Prestige), 260Q (Qualatex) 260B (Betalatex) and a few more. There are differences between the brands, some "taste" bad (for those of us who inflate by mouth), some squeak more than others, some are thicker and will handle more abuse than others, too. Find the brand that works best for you and your situation, and you're all ready to get out there and TWIST!

Steve
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Quote:
On 2007-06-10 18:21, briann wrote:
What is it?

I'm new to ballooning and don't want to make anything super special. I just want to make the basic figures and hats. really cool hats. what size it just big enough and not to small? my guess is a 260Q, am I about right?

please help!

oh, and what do you guys think of bad to the ballon? I'm really considering ordering it.

Personally I think its a great choice !!! But I'm a little bias.

Most of the balloon Hats in BTTB#1 are with 260's you can use 260Q's or 260B's really doesn't matter. You do want to use a quality balloon. I use an occasional 160 for embellishment on some figures.

If you want to familiarize your self with balloons go here:
http://www.tmyers.com/balloon/ballooninfo.html

It tells you of all the brands, styles, sizes an types of balloons.

BTTB#2 is going to be finished TOMORROW. Order both and only $5 for shipping!

Jason my Producer just finished the 48 hour movie challenge last week. It is a competition where they have film makers make a film in 48 hours or less. He finished real strong. Great direction and videography. So I challenged him to make a short for me for this DVD. I think everyone will get a kick out of "Dog Gone" We will have it up on youtube.com next week.

Mark Byrne
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Whats the standard balloon size? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL