The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Audio & Video @ CAM Convention (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
800 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
I'll be providing Audio & Video services at the CAM Convention (Canadian Ass'n of Magicians) June 14-17 in Kitchener, just over an hour west of Toronto. I'll be covering all of the lectures & close-up shows, and the dealer demo. If any Caf� member would like to stop by to say hi, or to ask a question, I'll be around all weekend. When I'm not working, I'll be JAMMING!

The line-up includes Steve Beam, JB Ben, Aldo Colombini, Tony Chapek, Dimmare, Doc Eason, David Ginn, Hiawatha, Ardan James, Ryan Joyce, Chris Korn, Lon Mandrake, Oscar Munoz, David Merry, Mike Segal, Bill Spooner, Juan Tamariz, and Boris Wild. Holy CRAP, this is gonna be a lot of fun!!!

Essentially, Audio will be a wireless lav, a wireless earset, a wireless full-size headset, a wireless handheld, and a CD player, with suitable powered-mixer and speakers.

Video will be three cameras, a camera switcher, a 2500 ANSI lumens projector, and a 7.5' x 10' screen.
Cheers!
Dan.
Dan McLean Jr
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
You the man! Have fun at the convention and doing the media work!

Scott
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
800 Posts

Thank you, Scott!

For anyone that wants to hear EXACTLY what I've been saying about "gain-before-feedback" differences between lavs, earsets and headsets, I'll have the following excellent mics at CAM:
- DPA lav
- DPA earset
- Shure Beta-54 full-size headset
Cheers!
Dan.
Dan McLean Jr
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Dan,

What specific models of DPA microphones?

G0THIKE
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
800 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-06-12 21:34, g0thike wrote:
What specific models of DPA microphones?

Hi, g0thike!
RF = Shure UHF
Lav = DPA 4061 omni
Earset = DPA 4067 omni
Headset = Shure Beta-54
Handheld = Shure SM-58
Dan.
Dan McLean Jr
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
800 Posts

I just got home from the CAM convention. WOW! It was INCREDIBLE!

All of the performers/lecturers seemed VERY happy with the Audio & Video, and at least four of them said it was by FAR the best Audio & Video they've ever seen as a convention. I was very proud.

As for the Audio & Video, it was a HUGE success! Each and every word was heard in every part of the room, and there was no feedback at all. The sound quality of the spoken voices was exceptional, and in my estimation, could not have been better, and over a dozen pro's approached me to see what mics we were using.

The 3-camera video was really good, with some performers taking better advantage of it than others. Steve Beam used the camera angles like he had three cameras every day! The 7.5'x10' screen was very bright, and the detail was excellent. None of us had done much Video before, but it went very well. Someone else provided the stage lighting, which was pure white, and they should have use gels, because things were sometimes a little washed out.

This stage included Juan Tamariz, Aldo Colombini, Steve Beam, Doc Eason, David Ginn, Boris Wild, Oscar Munoz, Bill Spooner, and Rachel Wild.
Dan McLean Jr
magicneil
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicneil
Quote:
On 2007-06-17 16:25, Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie wrote:
All of the performers/lecturers seemed VERY happy with the Audio & Video, and at least four of them said it was by FAR the best Audio & Video they've ever seen as a convention. I was very proud.

Dan you should be proud. I must agree that it was some of the best audio and video I had ever seen at a magic convention. You did a truly outstanding job.
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
800 Posts

Thanks, Neil. I should also thank the friends that helped: David Mitchell, Tristan O'Malley, and Ben Train. Peter Mennie also ran a camera for Boris Wild's lecture.
Thanks, guys!
Dan McLean Jr
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Audio & Video @ CAM Convention (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL