The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BJ's Phone Test David McCreary and Aaron DeLong (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2231 Posts

Profile of magicmind
I had a chance to read through this and feel this will be a great addition to your impromptu effects.

Effect is basically this.
An over the phone reading is offered. Spec selects a card from a deck.No forces. Magician dials Psychic Friend's number and the only thing said to the person on the phone is "can you do a reading?". Phone is then handed to the spectator. While first spec is getting a reading, a second spec is asked to write down any card on a piece of paper. Psychic friend nails the first card and you ask him to do a second card. The first spec selects another random card and Psychic friend nails it again.
Finally, the first spec hands phone to second spec. Psychic friend also gets theirs correct.

Uses no txt messages, no pics, the other person on the phone can be anywhere in the world and perform this. It can be done with any deck and the thought of card is exactly that, merely thought of and can be absolutely any card.

I have Believe, unbelievable, and this wonderful effect. All of these are real workers that are described well in the instructions. These are created so that the performer can concentrate on the performance.
ANOTHER GREAT ONE FROM Aaron!
Pay it forward
Aaron DeLong
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbus, OH
278 Posts

Profile of Aaron DeLong
Thanks Magicmind!

I appreciate the great review. I hope everyone will enjoy it as much as you are!

Cheers,

Aaron DeLong
Michael Ammar will one day cure all known diseases as a kicker to his coins across routine.

Get the facts! Visit www.AmmarFacts.com!
www.tru-magic.com
www.doubledtour.com
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
Ive seen something simular on Tim Ellis tape "Ellis in Wonderland" called : Cellular Thinking which is also 100% impromptu and requires no skill at all,no memory work for the psychic friend etc.
My question would be : Does those named points above apply to BJ´s Phone Test aswell?
Aaron DeLong
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbus, OH
278 Posts

Profile of Aaron DeLong
Cosmicsecret,
BJs Phone Trick uses verbal coding like most Mr. Wizard effects. It is the combination/ or layering and streamlining of the effect that I feel makes it unique. So there is memory work, but what is required to remember is so easy.

I don't think there is any skill involved - with the exception of the memory work.

Does Ellis' effect allow for two selected cards and a third thought of card?

Aaron DeLong
Michael Ammar will one day cure all known diseases as a kicker to his coins across routine.

www.tru-magic.com
www.doubledtour.com
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
Nope,that´s why i´m asking Smile
my name is david
View Profile
New user
Pataskala, Ohio
67 Posts

Profile of my name is david
Hey Cosmic,
The Ellis effect is brilliant. I have the notes and I've seen the lecture. One of the best lectures I've seen.
BJ's Phone Test is a totally different method. Add the both together in some way and you could have a lot of fun with this. You could use the BJ's portion to do card work and use the Ellis method for a killer kicker non-card ending. Let your mind run wild with this. You could be onto something. Have fun.

David McCreary
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2231 Posts

Profile of magicmind
What if you did Believe and end with calling the Psychic friend to reveal the name of the word that the spec thought of?

In other words, you open envelope to reveal card and lay it face up on the table. Calling psychic friend to reveal a word...then reveal that word on the back of the card.
Pay it forward
my name is david
View Profile
New user
Pataskala, Ohio
67 Posts

Profile of my name is david
HA-HA. I love it. You could really freak folks out with that. Laymen would love it and magicians would be floored.

Whatever the effect, make it original, make it yours.
David McCreary
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2231 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Thanks for putting this out David and Aaron.
Pay it forward
Aaron DeLong
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbus, OH
278 Posts

Profile of Aaron DeLong
WARNING!!!! Do not do this trick!!! Do not do this trick!!!

Unless you want to slay your audiences with magical feats so amzing their heads will hurt..... Do not do this trick!!!

Seriously though! I love performing this trick! Do not do this trick!!!

www.tru-magic.com
www.doubledtour.com
the levitator
View Profile
Special user
Spellbound Productions
546 Posts

Profile of the levitator
Is there a link for this effect? It sounds really interesting!

Posted: Jun 18, 2007 7:17pm
Never mind. I found the link on another thread. Both effects look pretty promising!
"It's all in your head...."

James Anthony
www.spelz.net
Aaron DeLong
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbus, OH
278 Posts

Profile of Aaron DeLong
Thank you! Sorry, the link to the website is http://www.tru-magic.com.

BJ's will be available individually some time in July.

Cheers,
Aaron DeLong

www.tru-magic.com
www.doubledtour.com
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
This is on my list as soon as its ready to grab
Aaron DeLong
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbus, OH
278 Posts

Profile of Aaron DeLong
It's ready to grab! Visit http://www.tru-magic.com.

Aaron

www.tru-magic.com
www.doubledtour.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BJ's Phone Test David McCreary and Aaron DeLong (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL