The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » No more spam » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
I don't come here as often as I used to but it seems every time I do, there's a message in my inbox from Steve telling me about some deal. Today was a message telling me about all of the money I could save if I went to Magic Depot. Is this really necessary? I'm already getting emails from them because I'm a customer. Why do I also need to get messages from Steve telling me? I was under the impression that was what banner ads were for on this site. YUCK!
hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
388 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
I learned that complaining about it doesn't work. Instead, do what I do -- simply don't open the PMs when they're from Steve. Works like a charm, and it saves everybody a lot of grief. I don't even delete the PMs that are from Steve (I think to do that, you are required to open the PM first). I just let them sit there taking up space on the server. They "magically disappear" on their own accord after several weeks anyway.
ChrisG
View Profile
Elite user
Batavia, Ohio
448 Posts

Profile of ChrisG
It seem a small price to pay for such a great resource.
Thanks Steve!!
ChrisG
"Consensus is the negation of Leadership"

M. Thatcher
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I would agree with you Chris. I open them, look through them, then delete them. It takes seconds, and it doesn't even get sent to me e-mail that I have a PM, so I don't have that bother (If it were even a bother at all). I haven't had enough to see a reason to have an issue anyway.

This is a "Free" resource. But obviously it isn't free for Steve. If he needs to send these out to keep the Café open, Fine.

I can't understand why this is such an issue. Anyway, Thanks from me as well Steve.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
This has been debated over and over. It is not spam as you agreed to receive these messages when you signed up.
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

Profile of magicmarkdaniel
This should settle things

Click here!

Mark
Mark Daniel
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Thanks Mark, it's a comfort to know that most people have read and actually understandd the rules and policies of our little online community. Smile

:smoke:
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » No more spam » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL