The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » RE: Top Secret Stuff reprint (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
Due to "popular demand" I am reprinting Top Secret Stuff which has been out of print since 1990. The new printing will be softcover 8.5x11, 180 pages spiral bound. It will have a nice sturdy color cover. The original cover was very cool in two colors (black, gray and white). I can print a full four color process cover for the reprint but I am tempted to use the original cover since I like it a lot and it would make the reprint look just like the original.

I am doing a very limited run of about 200 books. I will be advertising it on Magic Café when the books are ready to go. I think I should have product by the end of July.

Thanks for the interest in this book!

Mike
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Awesome news! Can't wait!

Charles
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Mike, do you have a price for the book yet? Also, could tell us some of the contents?

P.S.
Just bought "Power Plays".
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
The price will likely be $30 although it's not "set in stone" yet. The unit cost is much higher for a small run like I'm doing here than for a run of 1000+.

There are 180 pages containing: 31 card effect; 8 coin effects and 4 Misc effects. When the book is ready to ship, I'll post a more detailed description of the effects.

I'm glad I'm going with a real book instead of an ebook. I certainly prefer the real deal to an ebook and I think that this is the general sentiment in the community of those who still read.

Mike
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
I'm starting to drool out the mouth just thinkin' about it........
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
C-Taylor
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of C-Taylor
I cant wait. Im also glad your doing a real book rather than a ebook. I hate sitting at the computer and reading.
"theres a lot of good card magic in that book, unfortunately you have to have skill to do most of it." Smile
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Mike, thanks for the info.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
imfletcher
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of imfletcher
Will you include the same close up shot that was on the back cover?
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
LOL - I think I'll have a special edition for $1000 that has that photo. Only 5 will be available, so sign up now.

Mike
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I have to say, I have mixed feelings about this. I'm glad it's a small run. As Jim Sisti has said, "some stuff should STAY secret." I love this book and liked that it was fairly exclusive.

If you're smart, you'll snatch up a copy while the snatchin's good!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Please let me know when it is available.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Looking forward to it's release!

Mark.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
What about a pre-order list?

Nothing like money in hand!

Huuhhh... my name on top of the list would be just find. LOL

Ray
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Pm me please when you are ready to sell.
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
Magiman
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Magiman
It's sad that an exclusive, hard-to-find, GOOD book is now going to be reprinted. As it has been said before, "some stuff should should stay secret."
Part of the thrill is the find.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-06-14 12:59, Magiman wrote:
It's sad that an exclusive, hard-to-find, GOOD book is now going to be reprinted. As it has been said before, "some stuff should should stay secret."

Was this a limited release? I thought that the supply of printed books just ran out.

What trill is the find if the book is to never to be seen again. How are you going to find it if it isn't to be found?
Magiman
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Magiman
Quote:
On 2007-06-15 14:44, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Was this a limited release? I thought that the supply of printed books just ran out.

What trill is the find if the book is to never to be seen again. How are you going to find it if it isn't to be found?

Its simple, really. It's called "networking." Use your resources, including eBay. Go to a convention or two...

My point is that the book is availible if you know who to ask or where to go. And, you should be willing to pay the price. I recently got mine at a convention where John Greget was selling his wares. The book sat on the shelf the WHOLE convention and I bought it on the last day for something like $75.
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
Quote:
On 2007-06-14 12:59, Magiman wrote:

Exactly!
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
I have many OOP books most of which I bought when they first came out. Some are worth many $$ on ebay. I have also paid top dollar for some of my OOP books. Strong Magic was going for $80 until the reprint came out. When there's demand, often a supply will emerge.

Top Secret Stuff has been OOP for 17 years. I have had MANY requests for copies which I couldn't fill. The book sold out in less than a year (1400 copies).

It took a long time to finally decide to reprint. Obviously I hope to sell a few copies. But the main reason for the reprint is that I really enjoy seeing people perform my effects or create variations. There is a whole new group of magicians, some of whom weren't even born in 1990. I'd like to see what these guys might come up with.

My complete set of Apocalypes became worthless when the big books came out. And originals of TSS may lose some of their value, although they are hardbound and have a very nice dust jacket with a picture of me that I can hardly look at now. That photo alone may keep the value of the old copies high!

I may include a full original dustjacket (mullet photo included!) with the first 30 or so purchases of the new soft cover version if I can find them. I received about 50 extra dust jackets in 1990 and I think I have some around here somewhere.

Once the books are in house (mid July), I'll put up an advert with the hype on the book.

Again, thanks for all the interest in this reprint. I wouldn't be doing it if I hadn't gotten so many requests.

Mike
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-06-15 16:31, Magiman wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-06-15 14:44, Magical Dimensions wrote:

Its simple, really. It's called "networking." Use your resources, including eBay. Go to a convention or two...

My point is that the book is availible if you know who to ask or where to go. And, you should be willing to pay the price. I recently got mine at a convention where John Greget was selling his wares. The book sat on the shelf the WHOLE convention and I bought it on the last day for something like $75.

Cool, let me network then. Let me buy your book......Well, I just did what you told me to do. Do we have a deal?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » RE: Top Secret Stuff reprint (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL