The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Paul Harris' Cardian Angel & Screwed Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
I have been viewing Card-Toon for some time now, but REALLY hate the Hoyle backs. The Character is a little childish and not my style(no offense to you that perform it, It's just not my style).

So I have been looking into Paul Harris' Cardian Angel. I love most Paul Harris material, but I have heard his marketed stuff is not that good.

Also, I know his "Improvised Screwed Deck" from the Art of Astonsihment books, but how is the marketed version? WIs it worth it to use as an opener?

Jakks
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1296 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I have the marketed version and under the right circumstances it plays very well. I admit that when I first got it I didn't think it would work well for me in real life situations (especially the twist) and sort of shelved it for a while.

But I took it out and decided to incorporate it into a show and I think I got more applause at the end of that little number than anything else I did. Needless to say , I like it a lot more now and it definitely has a place in what I do.

However it does seem harder to find. I was looking for it for a friend of mine and some places do not carry it anymore.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
Screwed Deck is a very funny, visual and magical opener, but only for a formal close-up show, keep that in mind.
It is best done, while not giving too much attention to the handling, as if it were the normalest thing to screw your deck together.

I heard that one of the problems of the cartoon deck from Harris was that it were only male names that were being used.
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Paul Harris' Cardian Angel & Screwed Deck (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL