The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » What stilts do you recommend? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

demente42
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
199 Posts

Profile of demente42
I'm thinking of getting into stilt walking and have heard pros and cons for durastilts. Are there others anyone recommends? I heard Bigfoot are the best but that you can no longer get them. Has anyone tried out or heard anything about S2 Magnesium Stilts? They can be found on

http://www.all-wall.com/acatalog/S2_Magnesium_Stilts.php

Any help at getting started would be appreciated. Thanks.
Brandon Smith

Imagine The Impossible
www.MagicForAnyOccasion.com

Creator of Dough or No Dough & Show Me the Bunny.
SeasideShowman
View Profile
Elite user
Myrtle Beach, SC
443 Posts

Profile of SeasideShowman
Durastilts are just fine - they are adjustable and sturdy. To all stiltwalkers - the only thing I suggest is that you cover the foot of the stilt with a shoe or foam "foot prop" of some sort. Nothing kills the look of a 'tall walker' than to look from head to toe and have the image ruined by seeing some rubber tread-like thing where the show should be.

Cap'n Mike
=============================
"I didn't care if they were laughing at me or laughing with me ... as long as they were laughing" - Unknown
www.MagicAtTheBeach.org
"I'm with it"
SeasideShowman
View Profile
Elite user
Myrtle Beach, SC
443 Posts

Profile of SeasideShowman
" image ruined by seeing some rubber tread-like thing where the show should be."

of course, I meant "shoe should be" ...

Cap'n Mike
=====================
"I didn't care if they were laughing at me or laughing with me ... as long as they were laughing" - Unknown
www.MagicAtTheBeach.org
"I'm with it"
Circus Bambouk
View Profile
Loyal user
Tempe, AZ
256 Posts

Profile of Circus Bambouk
I am very happy with my S2 mags. I'm a relatively high-energy stiltwalker, and the lighter weight in combination with the specific attachment to the calf have been a great ease to my knees in comparison to the duras. I always had to duct tape the arm of the durastilt to my ankle to ease the sideways pull on my knee.

If you're planning on walking a parade, or standing still for doing balloons, either one is fine. If you're kicking, jumping, spinning, climbing, I reccomend the sur brand. MHO.

Best wishes from sunny Alaska (it's always sunny here, these days)

Brian
Magicusa
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Magicusa
I make my own stilts from Home Depot. But I do have some S2 from All-Wall. If you go to my web site you will see a code you can use at All-Wall. But you have to call them and give them the code. I hope they will give you a discount on them. I buy the S2 for the people I have working for me.
One Man
View Profile
Elite user
Frederick, MD
491 Posts

Profile of One Man
Cap'n Mike...it is also not a good thing when doing a show if there is a rubber tread where the show should be.

Kevin
Circus Bambouk
View Profile
Loyal user
Tempe, AZ
256 Posts

Profile of Circus Bambouk
Hey, y'all who advocate shoes on the stilts...anyone manufacture and sell these commercially? I'm at a disadvantage in the 'craftiness' department...

-Brian
Magicusa
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Magicusa
Quote:
On 2007-07-30 18:09, Circus Bambouk wrote:
Hey, y'all who advocate shoes on the stilts...anyone manufacture and sell these commercially? I'm at a disadvantage in the 'craftiness' department...

-Brian

Brian,

If you want shoes on your stilts. Go to Wal-Mart and buy size 12 of any kind of shoes you want. There is a special way you should put them on the stilts. If you go to my site and look at my shoe's covers you see how I did it. If you need help with this, You may call me. I also put fake legs and feet on my stitls.

Emmett
One Man
View Profile
Elite user
Frederick, MD
491 Posts

Profile of One Man
I just bought a pair of sturdy shoes from Salvation Army and bolted them to the foot plate.

Kevin
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Are those drywall stilts (of any kind) able to support a weight load of 265 pounds or should I look elsewhere? For my unicycle I had to get a special frame for my weight.
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » What stilts do you recommend? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL