The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Vince McMahon Dead?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
I don't know how many pro wrestling fans are on this forum, but did anyone see WWE Raw on Monday night where Vince's limo burst into flames after he enters it? I have followed WWE and pro wrestling for years and I know it is all scripted story lines, but they may have gone too far with this one. I know Vince isn't really dead, perhaps just writing himself out for a time so he can do something else, plus if he was really dead, it would be the leading story on all newscasts and newspapers everywhere. It was interesting to watch though. It was following the WWE Draft on Monday night. It also happened to be Vince McMahon "Appriciation Night". At the end of the show, Vince walks very somberly to the ring with mic in hand. He doesn't say a word, just casually looks around the arena and then then leaves the ring to the backstage area where he proceeds to his limo. After the door closes, the whole thing is engulfed in flames. If you haven't seen the video, it can be found at WWE's website, but to read the true story on what happened follow this link..

http://www.gambling911.com/Vince-McMahon-Dead-061207.html

Many wrestling fans are actually thinking he is really dead after an apparent car bombing, but come on folks.... the camera man didn't even flinch when the limo exploded! They have pushed the envelope with story lines in the past, but I think this one takes the cake. WWE is even offering statements and press releases regarding Vince's "presumed death". What is pro wrestling coming to these days?
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Very nice.... you know, the lovely Stephanie is in charge of scripting so she blew up the ol' man!
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Well, if it's on T.V. it must be true.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Okay, who comes back first, Vince or Captain America?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Quote:
On 2007-06-13 22:33, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Okay, who comes back first, Vince or Captain America?

I think Vince comes back as Captain America to take on Bobby Lashley for an ECW title rematch. I found a link to the video. Check it out here...

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/v......ideos%2F
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I saw it and laughed! I am SOOOO glad he won't be on tv for awhile. I don't care about the wwe. It took me less than an hour to watch the show, I tivo'd it and started watching from the beginning with 1 hour left and CAUGHT UP to the live show with 5 minutes left. Pretty sad wrestling when you can fast forward and watch a 3 hour show in less than 1 hour.

Anyone here watch TNA?
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Yeah...Vince is a terrible actor. I too watch TNA when I get a chance to catch it. I wasn't too sure about it at first, but the more I see it, it kind of reminds me of the old WCW and NWA days. They are kind of sticking to the old style of wrestling and leaving a lot of the WWE type drama out. BTW, if you watch the video of the explosion once Vince gets in the limo, before the door shuts, you see a foot right before the door closes and the car explodes. This is the foot of a stunt man in a flame retardant suit, while Vince slips out the other door. Kind of like a mini grand illusion for pro wrestling. But I think I can predict what's going to happen. A while back, Vince's character went through a "Vince Almighty" phase where he was for lack of a better word, mocking God and trying to make himself Godlike and in"vince"able. Perhaps, they may re-vamp this character and he will return saying how he defeated death and hell fire and what not and how no one can stop him. I can see that happening. If that's going to be the turn of the story, I think I'll find something else to watch. It was sick then,and it will be totally sick if they take that turn again.

Albert Einstein
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Phil, I hope they don't do that, I think the story will be that so many people hated him he faked his own death to make them appreciate him more.

I loved WCW and have watched TNA since it was a once a week PPV, I guess that was 5 years ago this month, WOW.

I can't wait until they get a second hour and can really showcase all the talent they have.

Did you see the Gail Kim-Miss Brookes match last weeek? THAT is how women's wrestling should be done, not the 'diva" crap wwe has.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I've not watched Wrestling in a long time, man did they screw up on Vinces plastic surgery. When did he get that done? You know, sometimes it is okay to age gracefully. I like how they kept the door open long enough for him to slip out the other side and head for the plane.
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Another interesting read about this topic........

http://www.timesleader.com/news/20070613_13wwe_ART.html

Albert Einstein
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The very idea that anything happens in wrestling that isn't scripted is amusing.

I gotta admit Vince really has built an empire. Sans the XFL he has been pretty right on with much of his business decisions.

Think about it, he took a bunch of guys with little to no acting skills, and built a huge multinational company, on TV! The guy does need to work on choosing doctors though.

Funny part to me though is he just can't be happy enough and keep from the spotlight. With millions of buckarinos, why cut your own head for the enjoyment of others?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Oops, sorry that should have been who comes back first, Lex's wife Lana or Vince? - let's go with the Smallville reference.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
jimbowmanjr
View Profile
Veteran user
Inside the Bottle
320 Posts

Profile of jimbowmanjr
Quote:
On 2007-06-14 09:52, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Oops, sorry that should have been who comes back first, Lex's wife Lana or Vince? - let's go with the Smallville reference.

Haha that was a good one. We all know that Lana couldn't possibly be dead because the targeted audience of 18-24 males would be in an uproar.

Bring back Owen Hart....
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
XFL gave us 'He Hate Me' not to mention a few very entertaining games. (Note I said few.) Aside from Jerry Springer, who else but Vince McMahon can exploit stupidity and base tendencies in the general population so expertly. Of course it is 'real' life...to many who do not see the comedy or the literal slapstick it is sports. To the atheletes who are regularly injured in order to fullfill the Mcmahon vision of what the 'public' wants, it is exploitation on a very shakey level. With the success of Hostel and Hostel 2...gird your loins for a new level of sick brutality being played out...Rick Flair will be baling out just in time.

The FUN of Pro Wrestling and it's silly soap operas was being drained by the Mcmahon machine long ago...barbed wire, broken glass and face smashes with steel furniture being escalated to new lows and pushing the limits of what a skilled athelete can endure and perform. Sadly there are numerous organizations around the country that attempt to emulate and out do, so they can be noticed...in many cases using amatuer performers who haven't the slightest clue what Florecent Light tubes when broken and 'wrestled on' or smashed across the face can do, and don't care. Being a former fan of the Wrestling 'show', it's just a sad turn of things. I picked up a DVD the other day at the County fair that had some stomach turning exploits being played out in a 'local' wrestling ring...all trying to outdo the WWE and in front of 'crowds' of 30 or 40 people! Yes there were injuries...but hey, you might get discovered! Blech.

Find 'Gala' on your TV system. DVR Luche Libre. Have some fun again.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Doug, 'he hate me' plays in the nfl.

Vince didn't build the wwe from scratch he took over from his dad.

Injuries are common and not just from hardcore wrestling. Scott Stiener is in a hospital in Puerto Rico, he was kicked in the throat.

Weapons are good when the "feud" calls for it.

Rick Flair should go to TNA so he can have some final matches with Sting.
Anyone remember their classic matches in WCW?
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Quote:
On 2007-06-14 08:58, Dannydoyle wrote:
The very idea that anything happens in wrestling that isn't scripted is amusing.

There have been some very notorius/memorable moments in the wrasslin industry, that involved the talent going off-script - particularly during the live shows. Of course, the consequences of this may have resulted in involuntary departures from the company, but that's another story.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Which was half my point.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I took my nephews to see wrestling and it was a facinating experience. The fans loved Eddie Guerrero and he would stick his head out of the curtain and every time the fans would scream. They had a very large guy who looked like John Cena (sp?) but while my wife said it was him I doubt he is as stupid as this guy was. I say this because he got into a fight with a fan and then dragged the fan back behind the curtain. Note this was not part of the show nor was it televised. The mystery guy grabbed the fan who touched a wrestler passing by and when the fan reached back and pushed him the WWF guy grabbed him and pulled him back from the rail and whipped on him. The most amazing thing though was when Hulk Hogan came out. I've never in years of going to sports and music events (including major sport events like when Bonds broke the home run record, which I missed seeing the hit cuz I was about to get into a fight with another person who stole my seat) heard a reaction like he got. Hulk walked out and the place erupted with screams and the fans went bizerk. That is power. It was a fun show to go to.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I have not seen the video I had not heard about this untill now either.

I would say it's an attempt to get more ratings. Makes me wonder Raw and the W.W.E. in general are seeing a drop in t.v viewers and maybe less attendance at the live shows. Seems like an act of desperation to me.

To Me in the past 17 years the stories in the W.W.E have gotten worse with each episode. Theres not that much entertainment in it anymore. Vince and his writers have gone more then off the deep end with the sick and twisted tales they have told over the past 17 years. I will admitt there have been some good ones here and there but most have been in very bad taste and If I were a parent I would not allow My child to watch or even go to any W.W.E. matches due to this fact.

I used to go to matches in the 1970's (N.W.A.) Yes there were some out there stories from time to time but nothing like the crud Vince puts outthere now. To bad Vince thinks he needs to go to this leval to make people tune in for the next few weeks months years. I would venture to bet his father would not be happy to see the direction his son has gone with this.
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Quote:
On 2007-06-14 15:19, Dannydoyle wrote:
Which was half my point.

I was disagreeing with you. You just brought up the notion of going off-script, so I was commenting further on that topic.

Quote:
On 2007-06-14 15:44, RS1963 wrote:
I would say it's an attempt to get more ratings.

I would say that that is the driving force of everything we see on TV, no?
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Vince McMahon Dead?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL