The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Jay Sankey Lecture Notes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

therntier
View Profile
Special user
681 Posts

Profile of therntier
Which of Jay's lecture notes are the best. What are some of the best tricks in them. I bought his Jay Sankey live and was not impressed with it. I have heard great things about him and was looking at buying some of his lecture notes. I was thinking of getting tricks of the trade, but could anyone give me advice

Thanks
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1483 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Go to his web sight http://www.sankeymagic.com and get his "20 Years" notes. They're $20 and it's a bound set of 4 sets of notes. Included in it is "Tricks of the Trade" and "Sankeydelic Magic" which both have good items in them.
Terry
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Terry
I have quite a few of Sankey's DVD's. Overall, and for the most part they all are workable magic.
Know this: they are geared more for those a bit newer to magic. The effect though strong usually require no heavy sleights or heavy misdirection.
In addition, his presentation style is more for the younger crowd - Secret Files - more like watching a cartoon.
The Best of Sankey is a pretty good series of general magic - though his personal style is more suitable for the younger(not children or kids) but of Sankeys own age.

Do a search and your find some interesting reads on him.

The Best of Sankey is my pick, if you must.
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
I will secound Terry's thought and add to it Sankeytized 1 and 2. Sankey is a genuis. A mind that is quick and sharp. We are truely blessed to have him in the magic circles.
WR
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1483 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Keep in mind...just because Jay Sankey is a goofy acting fellow, this by no means YOU have to be to do his routines. He has some incredible stuff that should be done with your OWN personality. Paperclipped isn't a kids trick. Underhanded Coins Across and Back in Time aren't either. He has extremely practical material that can work for you if you MAKE IT YOUR OWN.

Cheers!
EvanAndrews
View Profile
Regular user
California
128 Posts

Profile of EvanAndrews
Sankey is really great. I agree with ixnay666 that His "Twenty Years of Magic" are the best notes. They have the most in them. Sankey Rules!!!!!
????.....Yeah
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I do a number of Sankey effects, and could do far more if I didn't have other material I like too. I have 4 Sankey videos and ocassionally just sit down and "Sankey out" on them. And as has already been said, all of his stuff is real-world workable.

He is more than a little bit off-beat, but that doesn't mean you cant use the stuff.

Sankeytized 1 and 2 have great material. I do paperclipped at the drop of a hat. Or even if nobody drops a hat. I just do it. That is my personal favorite Sankey item, but Leaving Home is a close second, and Airtight is a killer (even though it takes a bit of preparation, it is more than worth it.)
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Jay Sankey Lecture Notes (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL