The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Jay Sankey's Assassin Pouch? (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
briann
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of briann
I'm seriously considering getting it, anybody have any comments on it?

Here's a video (very interesting):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGhOCQlIP4k
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
I have bought other Sankey items and was disappointed with the quality (ok the lack of quality.) From the clip I notice it is not that big, a little larger than a deck of poker sized cards. So you are not really going to hold that much. When I went to the site it is only $20, but nothing else is included not even the magnet they showed in the clip. You do get what you pay for.

Check out Frank's pouches... his site.
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Thank you Paddy.
The pouch is as small as possible while still be able to hold ninja rings or 2 decks of cards side-by-side.

A lot of thought went into it. There are coin slots, flat pockets, zipper pockets, and the new batch will have a sharpie pocket on both sides. The leather is absolutely beautiful.

They clip onto your belt instead of a belt loop so you can take them on and off without removing your belt.

You can wear it under a jacket so it is invisible for classy gigs. It's slim.
The one-pocket version is even slimmer.

As with all my products, guaranteed for life.
Any questions, let me know.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
briann
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of briann
Wow! that pouch looks really nice! but the leathers not really my style Smile but ill make do. it definately looks like something that will hold all my stuff, which is definately a plus, but its pricey, but hey, you get what you pay for. ill definately think about it frank (uhhh, can I call you frank?)
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Thanks for jumping in Frank. Notice when I refer to your site I just stopped in the middle of a sentence. I couldn't get the spelling of ambitious right and didn't want to send anyone to the wrong place. I made that mistake when referring to another site and the one I sent people to just didn't make sense at all.
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

I really love this pouch but I just cannot stomach the idea of giving it some nifty street magic name just to increase sales. Maybe I should...

The Black Ninja Rip Your Heart Out Pouch.

There. That should send sales thru the roof.
:)
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
I agree with Paddy. Franks pouch is much nicer than Sankey's. I think you'd be a lot happier with it.

Mark. Smile
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
I'm not trying to start a "war" with anyone and I am certainly not trying to put down anyone elses product, but I have Jay Sankeys Assassin Pouch and I like it very much...

Unless I got one that's a "fluke", it is pretty well made and it is fairly "roomy" for its size. Right now I have a deck of cards, 2 packet tricks, stop lite cards, thumb tip and silk, bite coin, scotch and soda coins and 2 mini magic wands in it and still have a bit of room left...

It comes with a clip that you can use to snap it on or off of your belt but I prefer using the built in loop and sliding it onto my belt. I carry it next my cell phone and no one has even noticed I have it on...

Like I said, I'm not wanting to start a war with anyone or bash other products, I'm just letting folks know my personal experience with the assassin pouch. The quality of mine is pretty good and I like the size. It works quite well for me...
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Thanks, Mysto59, for you thoughts. Magic is a personal art and you should definitely use, and do, what works best for you.

Mark. Smile
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
495 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
I´ve only had Sankey´s pouch for one week, and I like it a lot. Then I saw Frank´s... It looks terrific. Slimmer. If he hadn´t made two versions, I would already have placed my order. Gotta decide: one or two pockets.

And yes, a cool name would be nice. Maybe something with "underground" in it.

Hawkan
:wavey:
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

"Underground".

Yeah, baby!!!
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
274 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Quote:
The pouch is as small as possible while still be able to hold ninja rings or 2 decks of cards side-by-side.

Hi Frank,

Which pouch does this refer to? Is it the Strolling Pouch?

Thanks,
Dave
"I didn't want him to feel that he could drive the lane with impunity."

- David Robinson
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Yep. The strolling pouch. As with all my pouches this is guarenteed for life.
Here's an email I received last week from a customer...

I've been using your pouch now for about 4 weeks and I have
to say its fantastic. I originally had a Jay Sankey Assassins Pouch
and that held my Thumb tip and two decks of cards. Needless to
say the Assassin's pouch fell apart within about 5 days. After this
frustration I decided to look for a similar style pouch made from
leather that will last and finally stumbled upon your strolling pouch
which has been amazing. Its built really well and holds everything I need.
At the moment I have my Thumb tip and some loose coins in the flat pocket
for easy access, Cards in the large pocked (one with porper clip, and 3
other decks)
and in the small pocket I have rubber bands, and other odds and ends
I whip out occasionally. Initially I had two decks of cards and a set of
ninja rings in its bag inside the larger pocket to see how it felt, and it
still handled great. I've been wearing it all day at work and on the
weekends non stop, and its still in great condition and is really built to last.
Its a great pouch that I've already recommended to a my friends with
similar interests and they are looking at purchasing them too.
If anyone else needs and info about it feel free to contact me at
pwolverineAThotmailDOTcom
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I bought three of Jay Sankey's pouches as presents for some young magician friends. They are actually poorly thought out and my guess is that Jay doesn’t actually use one of these things!

I gave them to the friends and they all got a real world work out. Not one pouch lasted two months! That three pouches, used daily to hold a few props and all failed. Belt loop went first in all of them. Zipper tore in one and failed entirely in another. The crude hole cut to hold the Sharpie tore larger with just one use of its intended purpose in one (it was not used for a Sharpie in the other two but for TTs). The IT reel holder was too low on the body to be of much use so wasn’t used by any of the guys for its intended purpose.

All three of the young magicians said that their pockets held more items and better organized with less a geek look than this thing. It was not a good buy.

I use Frank’s leather pouch that holds the Joe Mogar color changing knives. It holds the knives and a deck of cards. However it could have been made 1/16 inch deeper and the card deck would have been easier to load and unload. It does take a “knack” to do it smoothly.

I also have (and use regularly) Franks Strolling Pouch. I don’t use the Ninja rings (I’m a Newman ring guy and Newman rings are a bit larger than the Ninja rings). Often I clip the Strolling Pouch to the belt of my Buskers pouch. I can carry my entire act in the two.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
The wife got one for me.

The metal clip fell apart. Nearly lost a life's savings worth of Schoolcraft and Lassen goodies. I don't know Mr. Sankey. That pouch is not a good buy. I don't wear nylon, why would I clip a chunk of it to my belt. I want a pouch that size mad from dead cow skin!!!

Frankster, I'm off to your site. I didn't know you made little pouches. The monkey fists/sailor's balls you made were AWESOME. Thanks!!
DAK
View Profile
Regular user
UK
135 Posts

Profile of DAK
Frank's strolling pouch is great.

I'm sure you be pleased with it,

Kindest Regards

Dominick
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Well, I want to thank everybody. I'd just gone through Hank Lee's site and was making a few notes on things I want to pick up _if_ money loosens up a bit. The Sankey pouch was on the list, but frankly it's not now.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
274 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Quote:
The Sankey pouch was on the list, but frankly it's not now.

Here are additional reviews - largely very favorable:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=113&86

Dave
"I didn't want him to feel that he could drive the lane with impunity."

- David Robinson
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
That thread started when the thing hit the street and ran throught Feburary 2007. I bought the things largely because of that thread. Real world use proved to me (and only me) that it was poorly designed and a waste of money.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2007-06-14 18:30, Frank Starsini wrote:
Thank you Paddy.

A lot of thought went into it. There are coin slots, flat pockets, zipper pockets, and the new batch will have a sharpie pocket on both sides. The leather is absolutely beautiful.

They clip onto your belt instead of a belt loop so you can take them on and off without removing your belt.

You can wear it under a jacket so it is invisible for classy gigs. It's slim.
The one-pocket version is even slimmer.

As with all my products, guaranteed for life.
Any questions, let me know.

I haven't seen a link to your pouch, Frank.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Jay Sankey's Assassin Pouch? (9 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL