The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Card in watch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

illusionist987
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of illusionist987
My last post got deleted because I inadvertently advertised myself and didn't realize it wasn't allowed. I apologize to everyone. Anywho, there's an effect I purchased and was wondering what, if any, ideas anyone has for handling the presentation and/or effect. What the effect is, is basically a picture of the selected card shows up on your watch and vanishes just as quickly. This effect has a lot of applications that are good for street magic and mentalism. I usually perform it with a patter based on hypnosis and was looking for some fresh ideas. Would love people's input.

Bryan

Once again, didn't mean to seem like a spammer. My apologies.
New School Magic
"Where YOU are the master of reality!"
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
This effect was once a staple of Mike Borenstein's. He may have written some great lecture notes on this. If you can find some of his writing, circa 1985, it would be around that time.
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
Borstien does have some most exellent work.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
tony2514
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire, UK
162 Posts

Profile of tony2514
There's a routine on Mix 'n' Mingle DVD by Shaun McCree where a selected card ends up under the magicians wristwatch. The patter is very good and would work well with your gimmick.
artofillusion77
View Profile
New user
new york,new york
53 Posts

Profile of artofillusion77
Ive never actually heard of this affect can you send me a link to it?
Maxum
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Maxum
Tannens used to make this trick back in the 70's. I think they still make it.
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
Yes, Last time I checked indeed they did!
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Card in watch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL