The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Deciding on a new set of shells (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
I'm currently working with a set of Vernet shells and feel that it's time to step up. Right now I'm considering either the SFS Street Shells or Charlie Frye's Uncle Charlie's Nuts.

The Street Shells are made of resin and Uncle Charlie's Nuts are made of Sculpty, a type of modeling clay.

I want something heavy and durable. The "Nuts" look really good and seem big which is another characteristic that benefits me because I use these while busking outdoors (not for cons). The Street Shells look like they might be a bit more durable.

I'd be interested in hearing opinions from people that have one set or the other.

Thanks!

Chad
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
Well depends what you need it for. If it's for performance, you would need any type of shells which would go along with nice pattern. Otherwise I would concider match boxes.
Pavlo
wolfsong
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of wolfsong
I have most of the shells available right now in my collection. and any of the shells will work though I would stay away from the mm shells. You just need shells the fit you and your own persona. Everyone likes something different. Just remember the skill is in the hand not the shells. With enough practice you can blow them away with bottle caps.
Doc
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
If you're doing on stage or parlor, Charlie's Nuts will do fine. If you're up close they really don't look much like shells. For that I'd recommend the SfS shells. Whit has written here before about "size doesn't matter." The pea is the star and having an oversized shell just makes them look tiny by comparison.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
Check out Whit Haydn's shells. He has a few very nice sets.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Deciding on a new set of shells (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL