The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ultimate Marking System (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
I have been working on a marking system for about 6 months that does not require the use of any type of glasses. I think I have most of the problems worked out. Simply stated the Ultimate Marking System is The most "state-of-the-art" technology, it is a variation of "Shade" technology. This new technology is the most deceptive / futuristic method for marking cards and other small items. This technology is undetectable to the human eye and may be performed with most types of lighting (with one exception). The markings are made visible by a special viewing device that is unseen by the public but totally under the control of the magician. Due to the nature of the viewer (the viewer needs to be used in close proximity to the items being read or scanned), it is not recommended that the Ultimate Marking Systems be used for gambling purposes.

I will be working on different effects to include with the Ultimate Marking System...So if you have any great ideas let me know so we can include your ideas with full credit to you in the instructions.

Here is what makes up the UMS:

One Invisible Marking Pens

Not intended for marking skin

High Quality Permanent Invisible Ink
Here is the perfect ink for marking. Totally invisible, won't wash off. This is the pen you want for permanent marking. We have tested this ink against other pens and found them to wash off easily.

Lightning Dust Non-Toxic UNDETECTABLE

Lightning Dust is simply a dry finely milled white powder. A Light dusting makes it virtually invisible! When powder is applied and when contact is made it leaves an invisible stain. Totally dry application, easy to use 1/2 Ounce Bottle.

One undetectable viewing Device

Unlike other systems that require the performer to wear expensive and sometimes out of place sunglasses. The Ultimate Marking System Viewing Device is worn by the performer and is totally invisible. The detection of the invisible Ink and Lightning dust is totally under the performers control and is designed for close-up work and not intended for gambling purposes. Oh, by the way it took me forever to figure out the viewing device.

If I left anything out feel free to contact me!
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2713 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Sounds interesting to me! any eta and price?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1759 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Sounds lie another winner from precisionmagic!
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Glad to see you fellows might like the Ultimate Markings System. It is due to be out around the 4th of July.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Is using alternate bandwidth (UV or other) light to view markings a new technology?
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Silverking,
You make a good point about the technology not being all that new. The Technology of the Chemicals are the same but our method for viewing is quite different.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
I get the funny feeling I should have put a pair of glasses with this and call it something else ....naaaaaaaaaa! But, I do get the unmistakeable feel that If my name were something else, maybe folks would take this effect more seriously. But, then again maybe by me saying the above, at least I might get attacked by the zellist that don't see any advantage or place in Magic for this effect. But, that's ok... I get attacked occasionaly...and will try and take it all in stride. I believe in my products and stand by them. If this upsets anyone, I am sorry, but I am sure some will have something to say.
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
How much are we talking for this product?
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Gmmagic124,
First thanks for posting. I am not allowed to talk about price directly but it is available on the site.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
I think that I should have said that it is comparable to another effect on the market currently that uses sunglasses. Remember, this does not use contacts or sunglasses. The Ultimate Marking System has its own viewing system.
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
How versatile is the viewing system? Is it an object in plain site that will pass unnoticed? Or is it a secret device never seen? If it is a secret, unseen device, will I need to palm it?

Chad
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
If it's a lens that's not worn on the face (in effect, a loose lens) that fact should be stated and made clear.

IMHO how the lens is used and what form it takes shouldn't be explained in detail online.

If it's an item completely different from a 'loose' lens, then it IS a new technology and shouldn't be explained or described on the Café.

But, if it's simply a remake of an existing technology, folks have a right to know that before purchase.

For the purpose of marketing a new effect though, a lens is a lens is a lens.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
There are no lenses used.
MikeMetal2006
View Profile
Regular user
Anchorage, Alaska
111 Posts

Profile of MikeMetal2006
I think this UMS sounds really cool! Can't wait to see if there is a demo.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Mr. Metal,
I have asked the co-originator of the sytemm, Jeremy Moncrief to do a short demo of the Ultimate Marking System. He says he will have one shortly.
JeremyM0411
View Profile
Special user
Moody, Alabama
613 Posts

Profile of JeremyM0411
Hi I'm jeremy moncrief the co-originator of U.M.S. This is an effect that has been a long time in the making. The viewing device is like none ever seen before. I am going to start working on a demo as soon as posiable. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
A friend of mine came up with a nifty idea of a book test with any book. I went and tried it out and it works just great.
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Quote:
On 2007-06-30 16:33, JeremyM0411 wrote:
I am going to start working on a demo as soon as posiable.

Alright, good to hear.
Can't wait to see.
MikeMetal2006
View Profile
Regular user
Anchorage, Alaska
111 Posts

Profile of MikeMetal2006
I cant wait to see either.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ultimate Marking System (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL