The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Best Double Ended Pen Through Anything? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
All I can find these days is the cheap, plastic one from Magic Makers. Are there any others out there on the market?
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Stealth Pen, and The B2 Bomber.
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Quote:

On 2007-06-17 15:08, THEGUY26 wrote:

Stealth Pen, and The B2 Bomber.

I think B2 bomber and Magic Makers model are the same, a certain guy in Utah sells the same model.

They are black and the caps are loose. I think they all come from the same mould.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
They do looks the same.
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
There is Wunder-Penatration by Doug Edwards and Tenyo also has a version that has locking capabilities.
Bernard Sim
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Café member Mano has a wonderful version with a bic pen. VERRRRY clever.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
boboshempy
View Profile
Veteran user
Jersey
373 Posts

Profile of boboshempy
Tannen's in NYC has there own they make from papermate pens, far superior to any I have seen on the market that are made from the bic pens. They are very slick but expensive. I think I paid $45 for mine. This is my recommendation.

Nick
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
I'm also trying to make my own after suffering with a cheap MM pen. (loose caps, don't write well on a bill, and the gimmick is weak).

Any links to purchasing info for the Mano or Tannen's pens?
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
I bought, and still own, a PTA about 15 years ago that looks exactly like a Monte Blanc pen and it still looks and works as if it was brand new. Best PTA I've ever seen, frankly. Does anyone know if this model is still available?

peace, charlie
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
Charlie - I don't think it is. that's the same one I used for years, and I loved it, but I have been unable to track it down. (mine ran out of ink, and I like to have the bill marked)

BTW, found the pen that Tannen's sells on their website. I can't figure out why it would be $45. As far as I can tell, its the the same as the Magic Makers one which sells for like $10. Unless I'm missing something, which is likely.
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
I know bsears....it's a wonderful moment to borrow someones real Monte Blanc, sleeve it, perform the effect, sleeve the PTA, and hand them back their pen. They look so alike. It really make the routine so much stronger when they think it's their pen.

peace, charlie
boboshempy
View Profile
Veteran user
Jersey
373 Posts

Profile of boboshempy
Bsears,

I don’t know why the Tannen's version is so expensive but they told me that they have them made and it is exclusively sold through them. I am sure they don’t sell a ton of them because of the price. The main reason I use it is because it has the strongest gimmick of any I have seen (maybe that's what you are paying for), its working is smooth because of the sleek design of a papermate pen with a longer ink tip, and with the gimmick removed the end does not look as suspicious as on other pens, if you know what I mean. I have many different ones and it is the only one I use.

Nick
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
I have just resorted to making my own.

The first one I bought was perfect, but they are no longer avaliable and I lost mine.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
It sounds like the Tannen's version is the one that I am looking for. Thanks to everyone!
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Can anyone tell me how long the payload (pen tip) is with the Tannen's pen? I just ordered one and I'm hoping its not like ones I've seen where a lame 1" (or less) tip is sticking through a bill? I hate those.
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
rmendez,

Do you have a link to Tannen's model ?
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
Quote:
On 2007-06-18 09:30, boboshempy wrote:
Tannen's in NYC has there own they make from papermate pens, far superior to any I have seen on the market that are made from the bic pens. They are very slick but expensive. I think I paid $45 for mine. This is my recommendation.

Nick

What Tannen's is selling is the original Doug Edwards Wonder-Pen-A-Tration. They had the exclusive rights on this.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
And it is really good....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Magicunlimited.com gives a pretty good history on the pen thru anything, and states Doug Edwards(WONDER-PEN-A-TRATION) gave permision to Tenyo (SHOCKING PEN) and he also gave permision to Fantasma.(PEN-O-TRATION)
I searched both fantasma and tannens, and the demo's to both look exactly the same, but you can get pen-o-tration for $15.00 on ebay plus a few dollars shipping.
They had 22 before I got mine just a few moments ago. It also comes with a special coin and shell for the classic tapping the coin and it changes effect.(im having a brain f@rt and cant remember the name)
search for the demos and see what you think.
I still have the original pen thru anything, and love how you can create the illusion that your sliding the pen up and down thru the hole, which feature escapes all other models.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Can anyone tell me how long the payload (pen tip) is with the Tannen's (Doug Edwards) Wonder Penetration pen? I just ordered one and I'm hoping its not like ones I've seen where a lame 1" (or less) tip is sticking through a bill? I hate those.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Best Double Ended Pen Through Anything? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL