The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Catapult! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
I'll just start off by saying that this is one of the best DVD's in my collection! It's up there with Revolutionary Coin Magic. I already knew the basic Catapult vanish and some other moves on this DVD, but I still learned a lot! Brian Platt goes over the basic vanish and variations very well. Everything is taught in depth. I never thought that the Catapult vanish could ever be taken this far. Right after I watched both DVD's, I already have a whole bunch of crazy idea running through my head. Just watch the demo, it's eye candy!

murphysmagicsupplies.com - video

Basic Catapult Vanish and Variation
Here, the basic Catapult vanish is taught very well, as well as a few other variation. This vanish is even better looking than vanishing a coin with The Raven. The vanish is very easy, and the variations are very clean, and stunning to watch.

Catapult Coin Color Change
This is using the Catapult Vanish to change a coin. This as well, looks great. You can change the coin, and immediately change it back. Now, you can't do that with The Raven!

Snap Vanish
The is using the Catapult Vanish to vanish the coin, with no cover whatsoever. This seriously looks like trick photography. You will love this one.

WSSV Move
This is basically the Strike Vanish, but you end with both hands empty. This is one of the hardest thing on the DVD, but if you can do it, it will look great. The standard Strike Vanish is taught as well.

Index To Index
This one also looks very clean. You have a coin rested on your index finger, then just touch it with your other index finger, and it immediately vanishes. This looks great.

Dime Pushed Thru Back Of Tic Tac Box
This is ingenious. All the coin through Tic-Tac box stuff is worth the price of the DVD alone. It's that good! You hold a coin on your index finger, and penetrate it right through the back of a Tic-Tac box. Very clean. This looks awesome.

Dime Thrown Thru Front Of Tic Tac Box
This is just the best thing on the DVD's. You throw the dime through the front of the Tic-Tac box. This is probably the hardest thing on the DVD, but is the most visual. It actually looks like the coin really goes through. This is just too perfect!

Other Dime Thru Front Tic Tac Box Versions
Other versions of the Dime through Tic-Tac box are also thoroughly explained. One is the dime through the back of the box, that can be done naked. Very clean. Another variation is done with the WSSV Move. Another is a good way to use the Dime & Penny gimmick with this. And just to let your know, with all these dime through Tic-Tac box tricks, the dime can be signed, or the date can be noted, or whatever. This is just great. None of these use gimmicks either.

Inside Out
A card is selected from a deck of cards, and is signed by both the spectator and the performer. The card is folded up into fourths, and is paper-clipped. You just wave you hand over it, and it turns inside out! You wave your hand over it again, and it changes back! This is very cool. it just looks impossible. The card is signed on both sides. This is very clean and visual.

Torn And Restored Business Card
A business card is borrowed, and torn into quarters, and a paper-clip is placed onto it. You wave your hand over it, and the pieces fuse back together! This is very clean, and the card can be signed. This is very good.

Business Card Coin Vanish/Change
A coin is on your hand, then you wipe the coin with a business card, or playing card, then it vanishes! It can even change as well. You are left clean. This one looks good as well.

Jelly Bellied
You have 3 different colored jelly beans in your hand. The spectator calls out one of them, and it has vanished! This is a very interesting principle, and you will probably like it.

Absorbtion
This is a very clean dime to sugar packet, where the date of the coin can be noted. The spectator even gets to open up the packet, to find their dime. This is very clean as well.

Linking Clips/Lifesavers
You show 2 paper-clips in your hand, and wave over them, and they link! You can wave your hand over them again, and unlink them if you want. The same thing can be done with lifesavers. you wave your hand over 2 lifesavers, and they permanently link! They then can be handed out, and kept as a souvenir!

Fanning Pitch
This is one of the best moves in the set. This is a perfect way to make a coin travel from one hand to another. This is very clean. Also taught is a great 3 coins across routine, that uses only 3 coins. I now use this move all the time, and you will too!

Chuck Woolery Coins Across
2 coins are held in one hand, and 2 in the other. Just a wave, and now one hand has all four coins. This is another routine that uses the Fanning Pitch. Very clean, and very good.

Red Light. Green Light
You have an opaque bag on a table, then have the spectator name either red, or green. You reach into the bag, and pull out whatever color they names. This will work 100% of the time. This is very good, and the bag is completely empty at the end.

Wipe Away Vanish/Change
You hold a coin on your index finger, and just wipe the coin with the back of your hand and it vanishes, or changes! You are left clean as well. This is another great move.

Sleeves Up Cool Guy Vanish
Here, Brian teaches you how to do all the vanishes here with your sleeves rolled up, and they still looks better than vanishing a coin with The Raven! You will just love doing this. It looks awesome, and is very easy.

Magic By The Foot
A signed coin is vanish, and appears inside your shoe! The spectator can even take off your shoe! This is a great idea, and very clean. You can also make it appear inside your sock! You will have lots of ideas with this.

One In Four
You show 4 completely normal playing cards, and write your initials on the back of one. Only you know what one it is. The spectator can name any one of the cards, and it is the one with your initials on the back! This is another great affect using this principle. It looks impossible.

Unexplainable Effect
An X is drawn on the back of a playing card, that can be signed. The X is then wiped off. You draw it back of. Then you slowly wiped it off, then wipe it back on! This is a very good idea, and looks weird. It is a fun one to do.

Well, I hope this review has convinced you to buy this! This is a very good deal, for the great stuff on these DVDs. Just get this, and you will love it!
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Anyone read this yet?
BobGreaves
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
152 Posts

Profile of BobGreaves
Yes, but it has been reviewed and praised extensively on several threads already.
fbnc
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis
227 Posts

Profile of fbnc
These Dvd's are incredible, and the moves taught are very fun to practice.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

There was maybe one or 2 other short reviews. How many repeat reviews do you see of other products? I am just saying my own opinion.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13146 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I reviewed it last year in one of the huge threads devoted to this. Brian produced one of, if not the best "independent/solo" DVDs of the year. (I said that before too.) Smile

Tony
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

I didn't see that. The search feature isn't too perfect.
harishjose
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of harishjose
Quote:
On 2007-06-18 16:56, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
I reviewed it last year in one of the huge threads devoted to this. Brian produced one of, if not the best "independant/solo" DVDs of the year. (I said that before too.) Smile

Tony

Agreed!
:)
Good stuff.
To believe is Magic.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Was easy for me to find a few weeks back when I got the dvd's
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1870 Posts

Profile of Platt
Thanks for the continued kind words. A new project is on the way.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1759 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
What kind of new project?
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Really? That's good to hear!
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1614 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Great, Platt -- I will be in line for it.
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Great dvd! I was one of the first to order these when Platt brought them out.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

I was going to get it, but I didn't because I already knew the basic Catapult Vanish, but then later I did buy it. I am glad I did.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Here it is on iTricks!
http://www.itricks.com/reviews/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Catapult! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL