The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » What TOP # of these Tricks Should I buy. I sent this in a myspace bulletin to my Fans. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
(Okay everything below is a MYSPACE BULLETIN. Please don't say, "Do a search for reviews..ect". I have my regulars that watch my Magic. I'm LONG OVERDUE for NEW MATERIAL. I thought it would be a novel idea for THEM as "Laymen" to watch these clips, which I've picked my TOP FAVORITES, and TELL ME which one they'd like me to perform. I think it involves them. I'm close to my fans. It's a novel idea I think. YES I CAN PICK MY OWN STUFF. I just wanted their input as "Laymen". Anyway I'm extending this to my Magic Buddies here. Out of this group, which TOP 3 should I get and WHY? If you were me, what TOP 3 would you get and WHY. I'm NOT nesseccarily looking for reviews but feedback. Who know's maybe this post should be posted somewhere else, If so I apologize. Thanks, Ed, (Eddini) ... Ooooowww !!!)

First off thanks a bunch for taking the time to watch these demos. Magic shops now have online demos of trick. I'll name them, then give you the URL. Now I can ONLY afford like three, but I'll post my top favorites. For the FIRST TIME, I want feedback from my fans. Who knows it just might be your top 3 tricks you see me performing. Pisk three by name, and say why you like them more than the others. ONLY three though. Thanks, Ed, (Eddini).

The Riser Deck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuUikW0JhxM


E S PERFECT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpcZMIr_QS4


Entrapment Gold (I personally like this one a lot)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEqM9iIsp6s


Zenner Tech (A ABSOLUTE KILLER. Know Idea How Do To It)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0cqDJ8HjtQ


The Grail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NNb2ZyP_Ik


Killer Elite Pro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKzQrcQu-yw


Eliminator (Nice kinda drawn out for my taste)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ0CD68p8yA


Celebrity Deck (Cool Story Line)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp6bql8H6Ds


Trick Cyclist (He's right, easy but will make you look GREAT)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvm_lFxryyQ


Knock Em Dead (Looks good, Easy. People Might "Get This")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKA5b2GnKns


Astral Projection

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEIsjNqODHw


Bigger Finish (Awesome Idea, Easy, Great Ending)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCVYzKy--P0


Just Imagine (I LOVE THIS ONE. I "Kinda Get It" Awesome!!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J19YbZbGHao


Killer Key (I know how it's done. It's KILLER !!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcQgqbyR3sI


Nailed (I REALLY LOVE this one, though I figured it out)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkhA9_qTgHs

Thanks, ONLY PICK THREE. I might just do it for YOU, Ed.
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4455 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
The Riser deck. I have seen this live, and Peter showed it to me, and I could watch is again...and again...and again...and again...and I still love it. I know how it works, and whenever it comes out...i want it! It really is, the perfect ending to the ACR. Every Magicians dream is to find that killer ending...look no more, Mark Elsdon has created it!

ESPerfect, well, all you need to do is watch the trailer to see how great this looks. The first time I was shown it, I was 100% blown away. I was clueless. Truly one of the best close up mentalism effects on the market today!

Finally, either The Grail or Zenner Tech. {I couldn't choose between the two, but I like them both equally.

The problem here, is you are asking for effects we like. Well...everyone will tell you different as everyone has different tastes, so really, it only matters about which you like and which you would want to perform
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
726 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
If they know the name of the effect, it won't be hard for them to copy and paste and find the effects and do them theirselves....lol
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Where can you get The Riser Deck? I searched http://www.alakazam.co.uk to no avail, and Google only had videos of it. Or if it's still in production, what's the expected release date?
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4455 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
It is still in production, I spoke with Mark Elsdon a couple weeks ago, and if I remeber rightly, he said about 8 weeks time. Anyone who sees it live WILL get this, as it is sensational! Alakazam are going to get some HUGE orders in the next few months with some of the projects Peter is looking at releasing!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
I would go for:

Knock 'm Dead
ESPerfect
Trick Cyclist

Frans
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Yes I just wanted the name you like and what top 3 you'd choose and which I should choose either way...lol. Mike trust me my fans aren't going to go out and buy the stuff. A good bunch, and though they want to know how I do my stuff, they won't spend the money.

My Tops so far are.

E S Perfect
Entrapment Gold II (BEST sanwich effect I've ever seen. I have Hole Sensation too)
Just Imagine (A Killer Mentalism Effect From Jay Sankey)
Zenner Tech (I mean THIS IS SO CLEAN AND PERFECT. THEY not you mix the cards and write what THEY want to write, It REALLY blows me away.

Okay so what that is 4. Also since I shop almost exclusively at Hank Lee's in Boston, Mass. USA, hopefully they have Alakazam stuff. I KNOW they got Murphy and Sankey stuff. Thanks, Ed.
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
Ed, I'd recommend Killer Key, Killer Elite Pro and the Grail. Enjoy.
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Yes I love Killer Key. I saw it demoed for real, but the way the guy did it, the stuff couldn't be examined, however seeing it as JAY DOES it with the **i***, I want to get it. Although I'm not good with coin sleights such as the s****** ****, at least I can have at the end all can be examined. On YouTube's Alakazam's URL, quite a few I wanted to watch such as Heirloom, Duel Match...ect would NOT play. They have awesome Mentalism, Mental Magic and Card Trick, MY FAVORITES. I'm sure Hank Lee's carries them. I just LOVE "Just Imagine" by Jay Sankey. I kinda get the idea just not exactly. Also I love Bigger Finish, what A GREAT FINISH right. I hope it comes with more that one "Big Finish Card". As I said I love Entrapment Gold. He** I love them all. My FAVORITE has to be Zenner Tech. They mix the cards, and write on the sticker what ESP Symbol the think it is. I've always loved this plot, this really looks clean. I just wonder if you can easily take the stickers off with no mess, and I'm assuming you get plenty of pictures. That's ONLY a handful. There's like 50 things I see and want...lol. On my list is ALSO the new Richard Osterlind DVD Set with free hypnotism show, and stuff by Derren Brown. I learn better by watching so I'm more into DVD'S / VHS. The thing is, I do CLOSE-UP, and I need stuff right away. Business has been slow. I usually go to Hank Lee's like 6 times a summer spending at LEAST $100.00 + each time. I ONLY went once last summer. I need new stuff I can go out with practice and perform soon. I have LOTS of Regulars, they don't want to see the same things over and over again while at the same time I HATE doing something for someone over again if they've seen it.

Anyway I thought this Myspace Bulletin would be a novel way to drum up more business and GIVE THEM A SAY in what they'd like me to perform. Thanks, Ed, (Eddini).
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
Derek Dean
View Profile
Regular user
Monterey, CA
129 Posts

Profile of Derek Dean
Howdy Eddini_81976,

Hey, that was FUN to watch those performances.

I've got Zenner Tech, and it REALLY is as good as it looks.... and I think you will enjoy the method..it's one of those that I almost feel guilty doing because it's so devious, ha.

I loved the Grail... I think I will get that.

And finally, Yep.. the Riser Deck... looks like a must have to me.

However..... I do like Jay's handling of Killer Key (which I need to pull out and do again now)... and might suggest that instead of the Riser Deck just to give you a non card effect too, but that's a toss-up.

Looks like you will end up with some neat new magic with any of those. Enjoy!
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Go with what you feel you will use most.
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Quote:
On 2007-06-20 16:47, Derek Dean wrote:
Howdy Eddini_81976,

Hey, that was FUN to watch those performances.

I've got Zenner Tech, and it REALLY is as good as it looks.... and I think you will enjoy the method..it's one of those that I almost feel guilty doing because it's so devious, ha.

I loved the Grail... I think I will get that.

And finally, Yep.. the Riser Deck... looks like a must have to me.

However..... I do like Jay's handling of Killer Key (which I need to pull out and do again now)... and might suggest that instead of the Riser Deck just to give you a non card effect too, but that's a toss-up.

Looks like you will end up with some neat new magic with any of those. Enjoy!


I just noticed except for the star the GUY writes everything down. Anyway, you have to understand, when I perform my Street Magic I need tricks that I can do up to 10 times a night. I have certain slow peiods where I can reset but not more than 5 minutes. My question is, do the cards have a special finish in order to peel the stickers off. e in one night. Also NOT to give anything away can BOTH SIDES of the ALL the cards be examined and as I perform ALWAYS STANDING can it be done standing up? I always LOVED the effect with two sets of esp card you place your first then they put them down. Know I know one method that I learned off of Jon Tremaines videos. Now without giving anything away, you need to buy a product from a store. Something to do with P*o***s. This really looks EXTREMELY CLEAN. Yes I agree with Killer Key. Like I said I like Just Imagine, E S Perfect and Entrapment gold. I love this feedback though, Ed, (Eddini) ... Ooooowww !!!
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
Sir Pharaul
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Sir Pharaul
The riser deck looks good. Looks just like Daryl's ending but with a box instead of the rope. I like Mark's version a lot better.
Derek Dean
View Profile
Regular user
Monterey, CA
129 Posts

Profile of Derek Dean
Hi Ed,

About the stickers on Zenner Tech. Ok.... see..... you saw the effect, and what YOU remembered was that the spectator wrote down the symbols, because the effect is designed to leave you with that impression (very clever).... and it works on the spectator too! That's exactly what they remember.

Nice thing is, you end squeeeeeeky clean.... and you could give the cards away if you wanted, stickers and all. However, you can find suitable, inexpensive self release stickers at ANY staples or stationary store and do the effect over and over all night using the same cards..... no special finish on the cards, just like bicycle stock.

There is a reset involved, not hard, but it takes a few minutes..... and I've always performed this seated, but I think you could do it standing as long as you had a table and a bit of space to work with.

Here are some links with lots of great tips and excellent discussions:


http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109

I just tried Killer Key today using Jay's routine (I hadn't seen the video version)..... it killed. Thanks.

Derek
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Zenner Tech I something that I used to demo all the time at the magic shop I used to work in before it closed, I was the only one who used to demo it because the other guys liked it so much they didn't want to know how it worked (plus I'm a mentalist they all into the funky magic stuff) my advice, don't go there.
'
The method isn't showed in the demo, although it is how the spec will see the effect, other specs, well I never had a problem.

Standing? - no, you couldn't not without making it look a little odd, how do you intend on holding the pack, the five cards and the stickers not to mention a pen, all at the same time? It could be done just not very nicely, it would look all fiddly.

And no matter what anyone else reset is a !@#$%, and you know how important instant reset is if you work restaurants or stand up.

don't get me wrong, this is great, I love it I think it is super doopers! But for you stand up and reset issues, I would like to demo it for you without editing equipment Smile. but I cant!

Jon Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
If you like Killer Key, try Leaving Home by Sankey, also done with a key..takes a while to master it but the effect is great......
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Odd that you are telling them to suggest the TRICK that you should do. Kind of backwards in my opinion, but do what works I guess. You don't find this cheapens it for them when they see you do it?
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Quote:
On 2007-06-21 12:58, chichi711 wrote:
Odd that you are telling them to suggest the TRICK that you should do. Kind of backwards in my opinion, but do what works I guess. You don't find this cheapens it for them when they see you do it?


Sorry like I said everything NOT in ( ) is for the Café. I need more business from my fans, and I'm trying to draw them in, and also "Feel Special" if I happen to buy the trick, and they see me doing it. No for the Café MEMBERS, here I kinda worded it wrong. So I'll word it BETTER.

Out of these tricks I've listed which ones do you have? Which ones are YOUR favorites, and Why? Also yes I know I could do a searcg review but out of the 10 tricks or how ever many I listed could I get a review?

Okay there is in a nutshell what I was MORE or less trying to say. Yes I could've looked up reviews or asked, but that would be 10 different threads. To ME at least it's easier to list a bunch (also it'll help those who want reviews for these certain tricks WITHOUT searching EACH ONE individually), and get reviews foe each one according to what they have, so it's done in ONLY one post. As I said too, for those who don't have some of them, and they could ONLY buy like 3-4, which ones would they buy. Hopefully I worded it right this time, plus I thought about it more and what I want to say.

MY PERSONAL TOP 4 ARE ...

1) Zenner Tech
2) ES Perfect
3) Just Imagine
4) Entrapment Gold II

Also I did look up a few for reviews BTW. Thanks, Ed, (Eddini)
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Quote:
On 2007-06-21 12:10, Jon Hackett wrote:
Zenner Tech I something that I used to demo all the time at the magic shop I used to work in before it closed, I was the only one who used to demo it because the other guys liked it so much they didn't want to know how it worked (plus I'm a mentalist they all into the funky magic stuff) my advice, don't go there.
'
The method isn't showed in the demo, although it is how the spec will see the effect, other specs, well I never had a problem.

Standing? - no, you couldn't not without making it look a little odd, how do you intend on holding the pack, the five cards and the stickers not to mention a pen, all at the same time? It could be done just not very nicely, it would look all fiddly.

And no matter what anyone else reset is a !@#$%, and you know how important instant reset is if you work restaurants or stand up.

don't get me wrong, this is great, I love it I think it is super doopers! But for you stand up and reset issues, I would like to demo it for you without editing equipment Smile. but I cant!

Jon Hackett



No, I have a Close-Up (Ronjos's Close-Up Case) Table that open up drawer fashion. I do EXTREME CLOSE-UP, I say that, because my Main Venue is as a Street Performer, but unlike other street performers who play for big crowds and use props everyone can see, such as the Cups 'N' Balls, Cut 'N' Restored Rope (Which I do too), Linking Rings,my average crowd size is 1 to 50 people, with the average being like 6 LIERALLY no more than 2 feet away. They gather around my "Magic Stand". Also Taped to the side of my Stand I have a washed out plastic butter container that says tips. I start out by putting two $1.00 bills in there with a little weight on top. Though I do say I happily accept tips. I don't "Formally", give the "Tip Speech" and pass a hat. People tip as they go, sometimes before I start, or as I'm performing, but mostly in the end. I hope that helps. I dp Street Magic, Close-Up, and Parlor. NO STAGE stuff. I do Mentalism, Mental Magic, Card Magic (Though I ONLY do like three cion tricks Scotch & Soda, Lethal Tender...etc, easy stuff as I find coin sleight EXCEPT for the french drop two hard. Someone mentioned leaving home, I have that on two of Sankey's Videos, I'm just no good at the S*r****** Vanish, that's why I like Killer Key), a LITLLE escapology, (I was WAY more into that even underwater escapes), and I do Hypnosis now, though I'm still learning and am a beginner. Ed, (Eddini) ... Ooooowww !!!
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Quote:
On 2007-06-21 13:24, Eddini_81976 wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-06-21 12:58, chichi711 wrote:
Odd that you are telling them to suggest the TRICK that you should do. Kind of backwards in my opinion, but do what works I guess. You don't find this cheapens it for them when they see you do it?


Sorry like I said everything NOT in ( ) is for the Café. I need more business from my fans, and I'm trying to draw them in, and also "Feel Special" if I happen to buy the trick, and they see me doing it. No for the Café MEMBERS, here I kinda worded it wrong. So I'll word it BETTER.

Out of these tricks I've listed which ones do you have? Which ones are YOUR favorites, and Why? Also yes I know I could do a searcg review but out of the 10 tricks or how ever many I listed could I get a review?

Okay there is in a nutshell what I was MORE or less trying to say. Yes I could've looked up reviews or asked, but that would be 10 different threads. To ME at least it's easier to list a bunch (also it'll help those who want reviews for these certain tricks WITHOUT searching EACH ONE individually), and get reviews foe each one according to what they have, so it's done in ONLY one post. As I said too, for those who don't have some of them, and they could ONLY buy like 3-4, which ones would they buy. Hopefully I worded it right this time, plus I thought about it more and what I want to say.

MY PERSONAL TOP 4 ARE ...

1) Zenner Tech
2) ES Perfect
3) Just Imagine
4) Entrapment Gold II

Also I did look up a few for reviews BTW. Thanks, Ed, (Eddini)



Jeez sorry again EVERYTHING I put in (...) is more for the Café MEMBERS. As I said I orinally sent this out as a myspace bulletan, as like 70% of my friends on myspace are those that watch me (10 years now) do my Magic. I wanted THEM to watch the clips, and tell me which TOP THREE were their favorites. There I got my message across finally. I'm such a IDIOT sometimes ... Ooooowww !!! Ed, (Eddini).
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » What TOP # of these Tricks Should I buy. I sent this in a myspace bulletin to my Fans. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL