The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » The "Force" (as in StarWars) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Laura persuasion happens quickly always...

Structured language delivered as a command frequently results in compliance.

I knew about this long before I studied with Kenrick.

I am talking about just one or perhaps two sentences.

Commands are normally strong with downward tonation...with congruent body language

I also discovered that if you really soften and lower your voice at the moment of the "command" many people respond to it.

I also teach sales people audience management techinques I used on stage...

To be directive in their language and physical behaviour...

without the use of criteria etc..

Sales have often increased by as much as 400% or more.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20246 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
NLP, Not Likely Possible? Something like that I think.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Well one client is £750,000 better off because of it...

And it really isn't classic NLP...

A prestige car dealership I worked with - I taught them audience management techniques I used on stage combined with language plus I removed all their fear.

They broke all records within two weeks and the sale of add-ons had went up by 400% in some cases..
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20246 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2007-07-29 17:06, mindpunisher wrote:
Ok...

I don't know why there is such a big fuss over this..

I know its possilble. I do it all the time. It doesn't work all the time but many times it does. Lowering the tone of the voice and making it softer and structuring your language.

Ive also trained prestige car sales people to do this and they went out and broke sales records within weeks of doing so. I have signed testimonials to prove it.

Ive trainee many business people to do it also. Plus one charity moved a 250,000 donation to a 1,000,000 commitment after I coached them on how to do it.

Only a couple of weeks ago I got my telephone company to remove the penalty they had put on my bill due to me paying late.

I thought most hypnotists knew about this...

that's what I now do for a living...


With making all this money, why is your phone bill late again? LOL.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
LauraCalder
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of LauraCalder
Thanks for the reply mindpunisher.

The sales examples are interesting, but it is sometimes hard to tell why people make the decisions they do in things like that because of the many factors involved. Have you ever persuaded a person to perform an action of no visible benefit to them (and possibly an illogical one) using the skill we are talking about?
tnscot
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of tnscot
Quote:
On 2007-07-30 09:15, tnscot wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-07-30 01:32, Dannydoyle wrote:
Well I happened to be carrying a large amount of stuff that the dogs are trained to detect.


You were carrying a lot of dog biscuits?


Ducks?
As Always,
Scot Legdermain
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Well yes...Ive often got my telephone company to remove my late payment fee..

My bills have been a few times late because I've been disorganised...Ive also been this year due to a number of serious things happening one after another within my family. changing vendors...(long story)

There is also another lesson I learned in human behaviour..especially in corporates...Which really threw me when I started working with them.

There are a number of influential people that don't want change even positive change...

a)it makes them look like they weren't doing their job right

b)they have to maintain the new high standards after you have gone. Many just want to get by and sabotage projects. They are comfortable in their ruts...and will protect them at all costs.

I would say when someone responds to a direct piece of language in all instances there are multiple factors involved..In the original post I can see at least with the Ormond example that the poster may have been overwhelmed surprised and even slightly confused...

I know personally I have done things I didn't want to in certain situations because of something similar.

There was a link somewhere in the Café about the Macdonalds phenomenom where someone had been calling various outlets pretending to be a cop. If I remember they were accusing one of the staff of stealing.

They gave instructions to the manager to take them into a room and strip them. And they all complied not just once but with a number outlets. If that's not illogical I don't know what is..

There was a video online from the security cameras showing the whole ordeal.

From what I remember they were saying that it was due to the response to authority figures. Perhaps this is why it may be possible and why "commands" sometimes work really well.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/archive/in......440.html

Couldn't find the video though...
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20246 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2007-07-30 13:56, tnscot wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-07-30 09:15, tnscot wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-07-30 01:32, Dannydoyle wrote:
Well I happened to be carrying a large amount of stuff that the dogs are trained to detect.


You were carrying a lot of dog biscuits?


Ducks?


Closer~
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20246 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2007-07-30 14:14, mindpunisher wrote:
Well yes...Ive often got my telephone company to remove my late payment fee..

My bills have been a few times late because I've been disorganised...Ive also been this year due to a number of serious things happening one after another within my family. changing vendors...(long story)

There is also another lesson I learned in human behaviour..especially in corporates...Which really threw me when I started working with them.

There are a number of influential people that don't want change even positive change...

a)it makes them look like they weren't doing their job right

b)they have to maintain the new high standards after you have gone. Many just want to get by and sabotage projects. They are comfortable in their ruts...and will protect them at all costs.

I would say when someone responds to a direct piece of language in all instances there are multiple factors involved..In the original post I can see at least with the Ormond example that the poster may have been overwhelmed surprised and even slightly confused...

I know personally I have done things I didn't want to in certain situations because of something similar.

There was a link somewhere in the Café about the Macdonalds phenomenom where someone had been calling various outlets pretending to be a cop. If I remember they were accusing one of the staff of stealing.

They gave instructions to the manager to take them into a room and strip them. And they all complied not just once but with a number outlets. If that's not illogical I don't know what is..

There was a video online from the security cameras showing the whole ordeal.

From what I remember they were saying that it was due to the response to authority figures. Perhaps this is why it may be possible and why "commands" sometimes work really well.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/archive/in......440.html

Couldn't find the video though...


Tough to take claims seriously from a faceless nameless person on the internet.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Macdonalds is faceless? really?

now that is tough..
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20246 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea I was talking about McDonalds and not you. Your right. Nice try though.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Put what I say aside...the news reel is pretty amazing wouldn't you say?

And that guy had been doing it for 10 years so that wasn't a first.

It does appear people respond to authority or what is authoritive behaviour.They seem to lose the ability temporary to think for themselves..

So I think the original poster could be telling the truth.

From my personal experience its possible..
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20246 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I was telling the truth as well.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Everyone tells the truth as they know it. Truth often changes over time..
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20246 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Many liars say that LOL.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
And many deflated egos accuse people of being liars..

I guess the world is still flat in your reality...

You can't argue with macdonalds...or a news reel..

People respond to irrational commands frequently..FACT
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Yes, people do respond to irrational commands frequently. That is a fact.

But it is also a fact that newsreels can be and have been edited to show something entirely different from what actually happened.

As the Japanese say, "Even the opposite side has an opposite side."

And we are all aware of what ad agncy editors are capable of when using something called "selective instance" when quoting reviewers: "So horrible I was stunned!" becomes "... I was stunned!" when quoted by the ad copywriters... and the same often happens in videoediting suites, especially when someone is out to make a buck.

We all have to remember Sturgeon's Law (and if those of you reading this don't know it, you'll have to look it up, unfortunately. Café' rules would kill it because of language, I fear) when it comes to anything of this ilk.

Respectfully to BOTH sides,

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
rinpoche
View Profile
New user
Garden of Earthly Delights
56 Posts

Profile of rinpoche
There many are peer-reviewed published studies which shows the influence of the perception of authority. Most human beings behave in fairly automatic ways most of the time. It's comforting to tell ourselves that we are consciouly choosing all of our actions, but the research doesn't bear that out.

I can tell you that in my personal experience you can get most people to comply with many commands by taking on the mind set that you know what you're talking about and you expect the person will comply. You must take on an inner state of authority, which will naturally show in yoru body language and tonality. (note this is very different than barking orders at people or bullying)

I realize that it's self reporting and unreliable, but I don't know of any other way to tell personal stories.

A few social experiments I have pulled off (some as part of a sociology class as an undergraduate):
1. Classmates and I succeeded in getting free sodas at different fast food restaurants by merely asking for them - and expecting to get them.

I then started playing around with getting free drinks for people behind me in line. One success I had was placing an order at a Caféteria, "I'll have a hamburger with fries and the lady behind me will have a free coke". The guy shrugged and gave her a free coke, she was stunned.

2. I used to walk straight through security night after night with no badge where my wife worked by taking on the internal state and body language that I belonged there and knew where I was going. Of course the security guys started to recognize me walking in so eventually just assumed I worked there.

3. I have used nothing but body language and silence to get people who were angry with me to sheepishly apologize. I leterally would not say a word, I used mostly gaze. Gaze has an emotional effect on people that can be perceived as either threat or intimacy, I have only used this on the women as I think guys are likely to bop me one.

I suggest every person read the works of Cialdini on Influence, and also look at Kevin Hogan's stuff.

It's not the force, just human nature.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20246 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
See your a bit confused.

Conning your way through security is not what we are talking about. I contend you can wal almost anywhere in the world with nothing more than a clip board and a pen and a name tag. NOT "the force" sorry.

As for the free drink thing, great story. How many time did it NOT WORK? See that is what all the anticdotal evidence seems to leave out. The number of failures. That is when it becomes a scientific study is when you COMPARE AND CONTRAST and can repeat the experiment.

As for the body language thing, watch how dogs interact some time. No big suprise to what is happening.

So while you call them "social experiments" the word "experiments" as to use them for scientific scrutiny, well not really.

Good stories, yep. Fun to hear, definatly. Showing how to push boundries, absolutly. Great examples of some sort of scientific truth? Probably not.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » The "Force" (as in StarWars) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL