The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Camera?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

h1000
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of h1000
Dear all
I attended a show of David Copperfield in Lyon, France, last year. I was seated in 9th row and a few minutes before the show I remember that the front curtain opened a little bit, and I saw an object, like a camera but much bigger, with a red light on, that 2 hands were holding, towards the audience. Five seconds later, it disappeared. I don't know if a lot of people noticed it. I did because I was so excited I was looking at everywhere to see anything weird! lol
At first I thought it was a kind of camera to show DC where the sto**** were seated (even if I think they are not real ones, in the first sense of the term, but it is another debate)but I came to the conclusion that was another thing.
Has anyone an idea of what could be this strange equipment??
Thanks
Best
Achille
TV Magic Pal
View Profile
New user
Dogtown up in the 'Lou
62 Posts

Profile of TV Magic Pal
It was probably a video camera. There are dozens of reasons that there may have been a video camera shooting the audience, ranging from a giving a lighting director a last minute stage perspective of the equipment to an excited crew member wanting to remember a first trip to Lyon to a quick crowd shot for the local news!

Or they used it to steal your souls.
Michael L.

Magic is a lie. It is our job to convince the audience to overlook the lie and our goal to make them embrace it.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
If you want information on how and why DC does his effects, write and ask him. I'm sure he'd be happy to tell you not only what this camera is for, but also how it's used.

Drop him a note and let us know how it turns out.

Of course, one could also presume that the fact that he DIDN'T share what it was for makes it a secret, and something that isn't appropriate to discuss on the Café.
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
That was good...

Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
To answer your question David Copperfield has some people film the audience and usaully they show the audience before the show starts. This is just general reactions or when the are bringing people up on stage they do the same thing. He uses this at other shows as well for the audience to see others reactions and it also can set the mood for the evenings performance. It is like you are on Candid Camera.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
h1000
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of h1000
?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Camera?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL