The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Abbotts 70th Magic Get Together (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
This year marks the 70th annual Get Together, August 1,2,3,and 4, 2007. It includes 5 Stage Shows, a Close Up Gala, 5 Lectures, Contests, Magic Ministers session, Vent-O-Ramas,Ladies Party and the best dealers in magic. The Colon (Michigan) community welcomes you with magic in the street, craft and art fairs, fireworks, and Lakeside Park.

For more info check out http://www.magicgettogether.com/
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
I notice the dates are the same as well as the location....is this the same thing as MagicCelebration?
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
Mark Holstein
View Profile
New user
Houston, Texas
54 Posts

Profile of Mark Holstein
Jimmy,

At the risk of opening an old can of worms, cgiking refers to the one and ONLY Abbott's Magic Get Together, a terrific convention that has been hosted by the Abbotts' Magic Company for 69 years. . . this will be #70. There is only one Abbotts Get Together, and if you've never been, I highly encourage you to go. It is the warmest, friendliest and most enjoyable gathering of magicians you'll attend.

The MagicCelebration was started a few years ago which confused attendees, as the organizers started to refer to a "Magic Week" and a "Magic Celebration" to create an impression that this was something other than a convention hosted, advertised and paid for by Abbotts.

Take a look at the wonderful website that cgiking links in his note. There, you'll get a sense of the history behind the Abbott's Magic Get Together, the amazing people who have been involved for so many years and the wonderful performers who have taken the stage in the Colon High School.

I'd encourage you to look at the line up offered by Abbotts this year, to include Oscar Munoz, the Blackstone family, Jeff Hobson, Richard Forget, Jason Bishop, Jay Mattioli and so much more and compare it against any other "offer" in Colon that week. I think the choice will be obvious, as it has been for the many, many Abbott's Magic Get Together regulars.

And if you make it, please pop backstage and say hi.

Kind regards,

Mark
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
603 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
I will be lecturing, doing close-up and stand-up at Abbott's 70th, and I am thrilled to be a part of this historic convention...

looking forward to seeing a bunch of my Café friends...
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I'm fortunate enough to live a very short drive from there so I'll be there as always. Please come say hello to me if you see me there.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
467 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Magicelebration is now in it's fourth year and attendance for MAGIC WEEK has increased. We spend more on advertising this event in August than anyone. It is for real and we are very proud of our accomplishments and it continues to grow. Come see for yourself.....Smile Rick Fisher, president
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5153 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Jimmy, there are many topics about MagicCelebration here on the Café. You can find out more by searching for either MagicCelebration or it's founder, Rick Fisher.
Where the magic begins
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
Thanks Dave. I was just curious because I am performing at the MagiCelebration this year. I've been talking with Rick over the past several months. Looking forward to getting up to that part of the country. Haven't been to Colon for some period of time.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5153 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I haven't been to Abbott's gettogether in years. I was in Colon last year. Used to go all the time when I lived in Kalamazoo.
Where the magic begins
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Schedule of Events for Abbotts 70th Magic Get Together

Wednesday, August 1st

9:00 am: Registration at the Abbott Plant
10:00 am: Showroom opens at the Colon Elementary School
3:00 pm: Lecture – Danny Archer: Magic you can do for close up and stage
8:00 pm: Stage Show
“Welcome to Colon” with Gordon Miller
Romaine, Danny Archer, Circus Boy, Andy Dallas and Richard Forget

Thursday, August 2nd

9:30 am: Lecture – Oscar Munoz: Magic for children and smart adults
11:00 am: Vent-o-rama with George Schindler at the Abbott Plant
12:00 pm: Ladies party at the Methodist Church
Light refreshments will be served
1:00 pm: Lecture – Alan Shaxon from England
See what fools them in England!
2:30 pm (after lecture): Dealers on parade in the Elementary School
8:00 pm: Stage Show
Glen Gerard, Toritto from Japan, The Blackstone Ladies, Oscar Munoz, and Jay Mattioli

Friday, August 3rd

9:00 am: Stage Talent contest at the Colon High School
9:00 am: Colon arts and crafts fair located on N. Blackstone Ave. until 5:00 pm
11:00 am: Vent-o-rama with George Schindler at the Abbott Plant
1:00 pm: Lecture – Tim Wright: Stage Magic
2:30 pm: Close up show featuring Oscar Munoz, Alan Shaxon, Danny Archer, and John Luka
After the Close Up show the Dave Cresey Farewell Show, again
8:00 pm: Stage Show with Kerry Pollock, Skilldini, David Sandy, and Jason Bishop

Saturday, August 4th

9:00 am: Colon arts and crafts fair located on N. Blackstone Ave. until 5:00 pm
9:30 am: Magic Ministers session with Duane Laflin at the Methodist Church
9:30 am: Lecture – John Luka: Cards
11:00 am: Lecture – Jeff Hobson: “How to work Las Vegas with an Egg Bag”
2:00 pm: Benefit Matinee featuring Paul Emmick, David Kovac, Craig Turnquist, Mike Woodward, and the Contest Winner!
8:00 pm: Stage Show with Jeff Hobson, Richard Forget, Stunt Johnson Theater, Alan Shaxon, and Arthur Trace

You can find much more information at http://www.magicgettogether.com or http://www.abbottmagic.com/
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Dave
I performed at FAB last August. We keep missing each other.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Are you going to be there again this year Al? It was a pleasure meeting you last year.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Ron
Thanks for asking. In April I sent out several hundred day care post cards, so I will be making the kiddies laugh in July, and August. When are you doing another comedy special? I would love to perform at that kind of event. Tell all the waitresses in Curlie's bar that I said hi, and make sure my 8 X 10 autographed picture is still on the wall.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I'll tell them. One waitress there comes to mind right away.. Smile

I'll have another magic night sometimes. The place I had the last one in is constantly asking me when I'm going to do another show like that. After seeing the success of the first one they really want it to happen again. I'm sure I'll be asking performers at the Abbott's get together if they'll be interested in performing in my show sometime. So I'll let you know.

Once again. If you'll be at Abbott's this year please come up and say hello to me. I have friends coming form my home town to see some of the shows and contests so I'll be just hanging out most of the time. I'll be at Curly's quite a bit because that's where I told my friends to meet me.

Ron Jaxon

Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
603 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
I was wondering where to eat in Colon... now I know!
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Danny
There are corn fields at the edge of town then a breakfast place, two bars, a nicer family restaurant on the next block, and then more corn fields, because you have just left town. If that waitress that Ron mentioned asks about me, give me a call. Do not look for a super market, a CVS, or a convience store in Colon, but the strangest thing they do have Amish people. I never expected to see the Pennsylvania Dutch in Michigan.
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Don't worry, Colon's not a one horse town

See Pic

Click here to view attached image.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
LOL. Want to know something funny. Twice now in Colon I saw this strange site. An Amish wagon pulling a motor boat.

This is another true story. Two years ago I got a ride to Colon with someone for the get together. As soon as we turned a corner and entered Colon there was a dog taking a dump in a front yards. I pointed and said, "Hey, welcome to Colon!". Smile

If you've never been there and you want a little tour of the town let me know. I don't know it all but I've been going there for years and could show you around a little. But there are many regulars there that would know even more then I do. It's the kind of gathering that most people want to come back again.

It's not far away so I'll see you there.

Ron Jaxon

John Sturk
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
120 Posts

Profile of John Sturk
I'll be there, and probably doing some REAL street magic outside the Legion. Be sure to stop by!
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I'll see you there John. Got some things to show you that I think you'll like.

Tom. I'll be there all week. I'll send you an Email.

Ron Jaxon

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Abbotts 70th Magic Get Together (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL