The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Abbotts 70th Magic Get Together (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
Mark, do you think it's possible to do a backstage tour for the website next year, perhaps before a rehearsal or something? I know you and the crew are pretty busy, when I saw you briefly Saturday it looked like you were doing three things at once and the show had not even started yet.
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
Mark Holstein
View Profile
New user
Houston, Texas
54 Posts

Profile of Mark Holstein
Absolutely! If you could be there on Wednesday morning, you could watch us turn the gymnasium into a theater. Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland had it easy! Notwithstanding the "rustic" conditions, we've hosted some pretty complex acts. We had the entire Blackstone Broadway show (except for the Vanishing Elephant). We also had Brett Daniels in several times with his big illusions. It provides us with many opportunities to be creative. It would be great for others to see how hard my guys work! Many thanks to Artie, Jerry, Steve, Richard, Tim, Jeff and Jim - my Get-Together family.
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Sounds like a plan Smile
BJ Mallen
View Profile
New user
Colon, MI
37 Posts

Profile of BJ Mallen
Mark Holstein, Richard Hughes, Artie Kidwell, Jerry Conklin, and the entire backstage crew at the Abbott Get Together, are the best stage crew in all of magic, if not the entire world. Their ability to come together 4 days a year, convert an old gym into a theatre and pull off 4 great evening shows and one matinee is incredible. They are real magicians. Not to forget Wilma Rench, the live organ is truly great and has helped in more ways than one. They are true pros.
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Your absolutely right BJ, that stage work is awesome. Not only this year but every year. I am going through the 2005 year for the website and it's incredible the diversity of the show's each night, it's going to take me a week to get 2005 up on the site, over ten hours of magic shows. I mean it takes half a day to just watch the video's of the shows, I can't imagine the amount of work that goes on behind the scenes putting them on.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Abbotts 70th Magic Get Together (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL