The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Session" is finally here! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Ordered... err well my girlfriend ordered for my birthday comming on thr 7th. I'm a coffee nut and anyting involing coffee, must be had!
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5777 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
I'm one of the lucky few who got to proofread this book. My first impression was just how many tricks there were using different items, not just the usual cards and coins. The very next thought was just how solid and visual so much of this unique magic was.

If you are looking for truly solid, high impact magic with non typical items, you will find loads of effects for you in Sessions.

And as others have stated, the way it reads in real time is a great direction for magic books to strive.

Kudos to Josh and Joel!!!
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1865 Posts

Profile of Daren
I have just seen a demo of laser aces on the llpub website, is this included in the book?
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Ohh I like that. id like to know if its included as well.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5777 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
It is in the book.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Sweet, I can;t wait till josh ships them out! I for one am excited to see the cream the coffee thing =D
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
937 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
I went to visit my brother in Raleigh last week, well I knew that Joel lived in that area as well so that was another reason for going there. Anyway, Joel had an advance copy of Magic Magazine (July) where he has taken over the talk about tricks section with his magic. He showed me several items from the issue and stuff from his new book as well. Joel is not only a fun guy to be around but he has some really fun magic as well. It was great being able to session with the 'Session' man himself. Keep your eyes peeled for this book!

Luke
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
My order just went out. I'm definitely looking forward to this book! Smile
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1865 Posts

Profile of Daren
So have these been sent yet?
FredNarlo
View Profile
Veteran user
Been waiting for John Dough for the last
318 Posts

Profile of FredNarlo
I don't think they have been sent out yet, although I may be wrong. Josh has ALWAYS been very prompt and attentive...I have no doubt he will shoot them out to us as soon as he gets them.

Looking forward to it too! I have seen Joel do much of what is in the book and it ain't nothing to take lightly.

Narlo
kadz
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of kadz
It says if we preorder BEFORE the 8th of july we get the free lecture notes
so I guess it'll be sent out after 8th of july
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5777 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Hey Josh,

Any update on an ETA?

Tom
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2108 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi guys,

I believe the book is back from the printers any day now.

It's a great read with some amazing material.

Ben
+ "Top 10" Best-Selling author at Lybrary.com
+ Proud sponsor "Genii Magazine's 75th Anniversary Convention"
+ Inventor of the world famous Floating Match
+ WOWBOUND.COM
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Hopefully, I'll have this in my hands this week. I'm sooo looking forward to reading this and having some fun along the way!
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of learachel
Any update?
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

From the email I sent yesterday they said still not back from pub
honus
View Profile
Veteran user
354 Posts

Profile of honus
The excerpt is outstanding, but what really struck me is the quality of the photos - very clear, and beautifully done. The title page credits Stephen Heinzelmann with the photos; he did a great job.
Joshua Jay
View Profile
V.I.P.
196 Posts

Profile of Joshua Jay
Hello all,

Update on Session: After a slight, unexpected delay at the printers, the books have apparently been shipped to me. So…we’re still planning a same-day turnaround for all orders. You’ll hear more when I know more.

On the photos: So glad you noticed! There’s a lot going on with those photos. Here’s the thinking behind them.

I wanted the photos to do more than convey the mechanics behind each effect. I wanted them to help tell the story. That’s why they match the venue, right down to the restaurant label on the glasses. Even Joel’s watch matches the time in the book.

The photos themselves were taken by an absolute expert, Stephen Heinzelmann, of Raleigh, NC. I knew they would be good. I didn’t know they would be THAT good.

Enter Ben Harris. What he did was unbelievable and, again, unusual for a magic book. He rated the photos based on both importance and artistic value, and varied the sizes accordingly. So, a trick might have ten photos. Four of those might be on the same page. But then one photo—an important one or a pretty one—might occupy a full two-page spread, bigger and more beautiful than the others. Then a photo might be wrapped around text, etc. I think this layout choice keeps every page different and exciting, and is a new way of conveying magic. Thanks to Ben and Stephen!

Josh
http://www.joshuajay.com
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1152 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Ordered this the other day Josh...can't wait to see it.

Also looking forward to seeing you at MAGIC Live.
Joshua Jay
View Profile
V.I.P.
196 Posts

Profile of Joshua Jay
Hey Michael,

Looking forward to seeing you again too...in a different setting than Magi Fest this time!

Josh
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Session" is finally here! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL