The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Linked by Richard James (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..18~19~20 [Next]
stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
Somewhere on the Café there is a recent post where the author collected a long list of excuses used by magic producers for their failure to deliver promised and PAID FOR goods - it's a mind blowing list and the excuses are used over and over. I am always amazed at the number of people that staunchly defend the perpetrators of these SCAMS (I have no other word for it). No wonder it happens over and over.

sam
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
I have not heard one review of any of his effects yet.
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
This is BS upon BS from Richard..
Even he used to come on her almost every day defending his products but is no where to be found lately..
Don
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Even I cant defend this................ come on man!!!!
bmagic121
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of bmagic121
Quote:

On 2007-09-05 16:54, richard james wrote:

I have not been around for a few days, due to manufacturing and producing the effects.

The order of Linked HAS now been sent. Again.

... and that was more than ten days ago.

After what has happned so far, any righ minded person would have posted in Royal Mail Special delivery, which is next day GUARANTEED delivery (UK 2 UK delivery).

Either magicbox is too slow in telling that its in stock and posting it OR somebody is not telling the truth. and also enjoying the money that was received thru pre-orders.

This pre-order racket is WONDERFUL.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
6 pages of this, enuff... Lesson learned - no pre-ordered.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Glogal
View Profile
Regular user
Hollywood, California
155 Posts

Profile of Glogal
I totally agree with evolve629. Do eveything you can to get your money back!...lets go a step further and stop bringing this post to the top!
Gigi
flekka
View Profile
Regular user
wirral, england,
186 Posts

Profile of flekka
Well I have e-mailed MAGICBOX about LINKED was thinking of getting switcher but err....not yet
It was late on a friday so I'll give them the benifit of a few days grace,
Basically asking what the **** is going on either we have the worst postal system in the known world (by the way every package ive sent out over the last month has got there the next day £1-40 recorded delivery)
or someone is telling fibb's (lies)........... just let us know the truth.............
I believe people still do that ocasionally..
john.
what you achieve in life echo's for eternety
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Make sure you check with your credit card company to see how long you have to file a complaint.
guido
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
152 Posts

Profile of guido
I think there's a margin of months (maybe 2) on which you can file for a complaint and ask for a refund on a payment made thru a CC. So you guys better check in that case with your CC company soonest possible.
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Richard, where you at?
At least have the courtesy to let people know what is happening and maybe how to refund the money they already sent in..
Don
richard james
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of richard james
Hi,

I would not release an effect and then keep people waiting with negative comments being posted. This is not why I am inventing new visual magic.

It was never my intention to keep people waiting. It has taken me quite some time
to re produce the order.

I want Linked available more than anyone.

I will of course sort something out for the people who pre ordered Linked and have had to wait.

Again I am very sorry that people have had to wait.

I have been offline for about 6 days but will now be back on everyday.

Best,

Richard
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Quote:
On 2007-09-16 16:48, magicman1 wrote:
Richard, where you at?
At least have the courtesy to let people know what is happening and maybe how to refund the money they already sent in..
Don

He was off line,he has your money so really no need to come on line. Very bad marketing for a preorder.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Quote:
On 2007-09-16 22:45, richard james wrote:
Hi,

I would not release an effect and then keep people waiting with negative comments being posted. This is not why I am inventing new visual magic.

You have released an effect and kept people waiting. That is a fact.

It was never my intention to keep people waiting. It has taken me quite some time
to re produce the order.

You have kept them waiting. Why didn't you produce a partial order to get it to the first to purchase it.

I want Linked available more than anyone.

No, the people that paid two months ago want it more.

I will of course sort something out for the people who pre ordered Linked and have had to wait.

Maybe refund their money and give the Linked for nothing.

Again I am very sorry that people have had to wait.

I have been offline for about 6 days but will now be back on everyday.

You should have kept people informed. Bad business.

Best,

Richard
richard james
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of richard james
Hi,

I have no money from Linked at all, that is in the hands of the store. In fact I lost all the money it cost me to produce the 400 Linked.

I can only say I am sorry for the delay and I agree that a pre order should not go on so long. As you know I had a problem which I could do nothing about. I have worked as fast as I possibly could.

I make every single effect by hand. To make the order again has taken some time.

Once again I am very sorry for the delay and don't know what more I can do.

Best,

Richard
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
I ordered 26 on June 2007, 11:03 AM!!!

When can I look into the mail box?
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Glad to see that the server is up and running.
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
I just sent an email to magicbox inquiring about this. Has anyone received any correspondence from them? Luckily, I did not pre-order this, so I am not invested in this, but it does look like a great effect.
flekka
View Profile
Regular user
wirral, england,
186 Posts

Profile of flekka
Yes,
e-mailed 5-days ago still waiting for a reply (could of got lost in delivery).

john.
what you achieve in life echo's for eternety
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Is there a problem with the post in the UK that everything gets lost.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Linked by Richard James (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..18~19~20 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL