We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What is your 'All Time' favorite Album? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
You betcha.....
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
My preferred genres are classic rock and metal. Not including greatest hits albums (because, really, isn't that cheating?), off the top of my head, a few nominees would be:
(CLASSIC)
Who's Next
Styx - Pieces of Eight
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
Fleetwood Mac - Rumors
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here, The Final Cut
Springsteen - Born to Run
Dylan - Hwy 61 Revisited, Bringing it All Back Home
Tom Petty - *** the Torpedoes
Billy Squier - Don't Say No

(METAL)
Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind, The Number of the Beast
Metallica - Master of Puppets, Kill 'Em All, Ride the Lightning
Motorhead - Rock & Roll
Lord - The Second Coming
Fates Warning - Awaken the Guardian, Perfect Symmetry
Queensryche - The Warning, Operation Mindcrime
Black Sabbath - Paranoid, Heaven and Hell
Dio - Holy Diver, The Last in Line
Leatherwolf - The Calling
Corrosion of Conformity - Deliverance
Monster Magnet - Superjudge
The Scorpions - Love at First Sting
Lizzy Borden - Love You to Pieces
Death Angel - Act III
Anthrax - Among the Living, The Sound of White Noise
Guns & Roses - Appetite for Destruction


And a few under either "alternative," or that cross over genres:

Berlin - Pleasure Victim
Oingo Boingo - Only a Lad, Nothing to Fear
Devo - Freedom of Choice
The Cult - Sonic Temple
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication




A few bands with some songs I love, but who don't have a single non-greatest-hits album with enough of the stuff by them I love for me to include them:
Led Zeppelin (But if "Achilles Last Stand" were on Led Zeppelin 4, that would push it over the top for me)
Beatles
Stones
Blue Oyster Cult
Kinks



Addendum: I also wish "Hurricane" were on Highway 61 Revisited. Easily my favorite Dylan song, and not just because I'm a huge boxing fan. It'd be an ever better song if he were innocent.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I've kind of always looked at Pieces of Eight and Grand Illusion as a double album. They were released on top of each other and the tour was for both albums, both are great. Lobo, your 'classic' list is outstanding.

I know two guys who fronted heavy metal bands, neither on your list but both were pretty well known. They were show ponies. One was a guy I knew from church as a kid and he was, and still is, a heck of a nice guy who played the 'evil rocker' on stage. I thought his band sucked by the way....once from stage he tossed a wire around my neck as a joke. The second had a top notch bar band and he went to LA and started a metal band and got hair extensions and, viola, had a hit...go figure. I'm concerned by the lack of country albums mentioned.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
So Lobo...you have A favorite?? Not genre seperated (that's cheating Smile )
Hell I was DJ of many genres over the years...I could list for a week.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I'm probably most often in the mood for Piece of Mind, though I think Ride the Lightning is better, top to bottom. Overall, though, one studio album... I might go with Who's Next. It really is almost a Greatest Hits album.

One I left off my classic list was the first album by The Cars. That's a great one all the way through.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
A greatest hits album by essentially an all-star band, too.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2007-06-26 20:48, MagicSanta wrote:
I've kind of always looked at Pieces of Eight and Grand Illusion as a double album. They were released on top of each other and the tour was for both albums, both are great. Lobo, your 'classic' list is outstanding.

I know two guys who fronted heavy metal bands, neither on your list but both were pretty well known. They were show ponies. One was a guy I knew from church as a kid and he was, and still is, a heck of a nice guy who played the 'evil rocker' on stage. I thought his band sucked by the way....once from stage he tossed a wire around my neck as a joke. The second had a top notch bar band and he went to LA and started a metal band and got hair extensions and, viola, had a hit...go figure. I'm concerned by the lack of country albums mentioned.


Now you've totally got my curiosity going on your friends' metal band...can I talk you into sharing?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I'll PM you.

I saw the cars their first big tour warming up for Styx or Tom Petty. Rick O stood in one spot and stayed glued there the entire show. In fact I think they were the warm up for the warm up band.
JustinCredible28
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
217 Posts

Profile of JustinCredible28
The Beatles (White Album)-- I just love how there was SO much variety and "all-over-the-place-ness" on this album!!! Even to this day Smile
"a distorted reality is now a necessity to be free. . ." -- Elliott Smith

http://www.NWFortuneTeller.com
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Quote:
On 2007-06-26 19:41, LobowolfXXX wrote:
My preferred genres are classic rock and metal. Not including greatest hits albums (because, really, isn't that cheating?), off the top of my head, a few nominees would be:
(CLASSIC)
Who's Next
Styx - Pieces of Eight
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
Fleetwood Mac - Rumors
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here, The Final Cut
Springsteen - Born to Run
Dylan - Hwy 61 Revisited, Bringing it All Back Home
Tom Petty - *** the Torpedoes
Billy Squier - Don't Say No

(METAL)
Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind, The Number of the Beast
Metallica - Master of Puppets, Kill 'Em All, Ride the Lightning
Motorhead - Rock & Roll
Lord - The Second Coming
Fates Warning - Awaken the Guardian, Perfect Symmetry
Queensryche - The Warning, Operation Mindcrime
Black Sabbath - Paranoid, Heaven and Hell
Dio - Holy Diver, The Last in Line
Leatherwolf - The Calling
Corrosion of Conformity - Deliverance
Monster Magnet - Superjudge
The Scorpions - Love at First Sting
Lizzy Borden - Love You to Pieces
Death Angel - Act III
Anthrax - Among the Living, The Sound of White Noise
Guns & Roses - Appetite for Destruction


And a few under either "alternative," or that cross over genres:

Berlin - Pleasure Victim
Oingo Boingo - Only a Lad, Nothing to Fear
Devo - Freedom of Choice
The Cult - Sonic Temple
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication




A few bands with some songs I love, but who don't have a single non-greatest-hits album with enough of the stuff by them I love for me to include them:
Led Zeppelin (But if "Achilles Last Stand" were on Led Zeppelin 4, that would push it over the top for me)
Beatles
Stones
Blue Oyster Cult
Kinks



Addendum: I also wish "Hurricane" were on Highway 61 Revisited. Easily my favorite Dylan song, and not just because I'm a huge boxing fan. It'd be an ever better song if he were innocent.



Nice list, thanks.

However, it was a simple question: What is your ALL TIME Favorite album?

Born to Run is for fans who came on board when Bruce went commercial. Check out “The Wild the innocent and the E street shuffle” or Greetings from “Asbury Park”


hey now...
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2007-06-27 12:35, Justin Style wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-06-26 19:41, LobowolfXXX wrote:
My preferred genres are classic rock and metal. Not including greatest hits albums (because, really, isn't that cheating?), off the top of my head, a few nominees would be:
(CLASSIC)
Who's Next
Styx - Pieces of Eight
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
Fleetwood Mac - Rumors
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here, The Final Cut
Springsteen - Born to Run
Dylan - Hwy 61 Revisited, Bringing it All Back Home
Tom Petty - *** the Torpedoes
Billy Squier - Don't Say No

(METAL)
Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind, The Number of the Beast
Metallica - Master of Puppets, Kill 'Em All, Ride the Lightning
Motorhead - Rock & Roll
Lord - The Second Coming
Fates Warning - Awaken the Guardian, Perfect Symmetry
Queensryche - The Warning, Operation Mindcrime
Black Sabbath - Paranoid, Heaven and Hell
Dio - Holy Diver, The Last in Line
Leatherwolf - The Calling
Corrosion of Conformity - Deliverance
Monster Magnet - Superjudge
The Scorpions - Love at First Sting
Lizzy Borden - Love You to Pieces
Death Angel - Act III
Anthrax - Among the Living, The Sound of White Noise
Guns & Roses - Appetite for Destruction


And a few under either "alternative," or that cross over genres:

Berlin - Pleasure Victim
Oingo Boingo - Only a Lad, Nothing to Fear
Devo - Freedom of Choice
The Cult - Sonic Temple
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication




A few bands with some songs I love, but who don't have a single non-greatest-hits album with enough of the stuff by them I love for me to include them:
Led Zeppelin (But if "Achilles Last Stand" were on Led Zeppelin 4, that would push it over the top for me)
Beatles
Stones
Blue Oyster Cult
Kinks



Addendum: I also wish "Hurricane" were on Highway 61 Revisited. Easily my favorite Dylan song, and not just because I'm a huge boxing fan. It'd be an ever better song if he were innocent.



Nice list, thanks.

However, it was a simple question: What is your ALL TIME Favorite album?

Born to Run is for fans who came on board when Bruce went commercial. Check out “The Wild the innocent and the E street shuffle” or Greetings from “Asbury Park”


hey now...


1. Why ya busting MY chops? Lots of people listed multiple selections.
2. I did narrow it down to one subsequently. (Who's Next)
3. Personally, I think Born to Run is better than either of those two. If I were to pick a less commercial alternative, it would be Nebraska.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
I'm not busting your c's. Don't be so sensitive.

What I meant by "commercial" was that is when BS broke out from the Stone Pony, so to speak. The earlier ones mentioned were more "Bruce", Not that B2R is bad in any way, in fact it's great. Not sure about Nebraska thou? I do have it.

Keep rockin in the free world...
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Speaking of your signature, there should be a Neil Young album on there somewhere...
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I remember getting Greetings from Asbury Park after I heard Manfred Mann do versions of the songs and the lyrics intrigued me. I was lucky enough to catch Springsteen three times (one doesn't count to me, it was as USC Memorial Stadium and I was about three rows from the back and the jumbo screen image looked about an inch tall).
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1472 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Justin, are you "guesting" on "Live in Central Park"?

Everyone else, I forgot to mention "Tattoo" by Rory Gallagher, I met him after I went to one of his shows in Edinburgh and he was one of the nicest people you would ever wish to meet. So sad that he died so young.

How I left him out is beyond me.

Tom
"But there isn't a door"
Muckey Spleen
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Muckey Spleen
A Night At The Opera. I was thirteen and absolutely blown away.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Quote:
On 2007-06-27 16:00, Coachman wrote:
Justin, are you "guesting" on "Live in Central Park"?

Everyone else, I forgot to mention "Tattoo" by Rory Gallagher, I met him after I went to one of his shows in Edinburgh and he was one of the nicest people you would ever wish to meet. So sad that he died so young.

How I left him out is beyond me.

Tom





Hey Now, You heard me! Yes that is ME on "Live"...lol

Other great albums:

Alice Cooper: Schools Out
Kinks: Soap Opera
Niel Young: Harvest
Lou Reed: Rock & Roll Animal
Beetles: Sgt. Peppers...
Paris Hilton: Stars are Blind
Little Axe: The Wolf that House built


And...
BeeGees
Edgar Winter
Clapton, and Cream
Jay Z
Prince Paul
The Ramons
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
603 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
My favortie album is a various artist compliation named "Reagan O Mix" a collection of 1980`s dance music in a non stop mix where one song blends into another.I would use it with my routine when I get to perform for a audence.
theres a lot to learn out there,many interesting subjects,and hobbies to enjoy
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
The Dark Side of the Moon
POOF!
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2007-06-28 07:21, Justin Style wrote:
Beetles: Sgt. Peppers...

Apparently we're not a true Beatles fan, are we?

;)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What is your 'All Time' favorite Album? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL