The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » More Problems with Inviso Torch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

iSawThat
View Profile
Regular user
The Ivory Tower
188 Posts

Profile of iSawThat
Now, this is one gimmick that I love, when it's working. But it's been giving me trouble recently. The flint wheel doesn't seem to be contacting the striker anymore, I've tried playing with the catch, taking the wheel off and putting it back on again, but still, I can't generate enough friction to get a spark. Can anyone please help, or is my set faulty?
lewis
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of lewis
Hi,

Maybe the flint has worn down?
Twist that little black stick bit below the head, and it will pop down on a spring. Then remove the flint wheel and put in a new flint. (available from any news agent)

Hope that helped. If not, sorry Smile

Lewis.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Or maybe you could try and send an email to Jim Pace. There is nothing better than going to the source of things.

Ivan Smile
Yours,

Ivan
eddiekap1
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of eddiekap1
Hello,

There is an adjustment type screw or control. It pushes the flint either closer or farther depending which way you turn it. Adjust it and try that out. Smile
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
The flint wheel on my inviso torch (Phoenix)
broke the first time I used it.

I just bought a refillable lighter and used its flint wheel assembly.
Tony Chapparo
trainerjep
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of trainerjep
This inviso-torch sounds cool.
It's not the size of the wand,
but the magic in it !
lesterkirad
View Profile
Loyal user
west lafayette, in
227 Posts

Profile of lesterkirad
My inviso torch melted the first time I used it, and I hadn't even left it on for very long. I got another one, and the wheel broke off it. It might be salvagable with a little rigging, but it kind of turned me off from the effect.
magic1178
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of magic1178
Inviso torch has broken on me 3 times!!! I'm sure I didn't apply too much pressure and still, snap and the flint wheels broke as well, Jim Pace has a lot of great stuff so is this it just isn't built to last.
Derek
Derek Johnston
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Lester,
Same thing happened to me.
Dennis Michael
ShizNick
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of ShizNick
Honestly, I hate the Inviso Torch. Even though it looks good, It breaks too many times and is a real hasel to deal with. I just simply threw mine in my Cupboard and use my Fire Card instead.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » More Problems with Inviso Torch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL