The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Die Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MrBrett
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of MrBrett
https://www.loftus.com/item/RE-0012

I have always thought that the die box was a decent trick but nowhere near the $100+ that it retails for. When I saw this version for &35CDN I decided, what the heck, I might as well get it. The quality is disgusting. The doors are made of cardboard. (the kind that is composed of many layers of pressed paper, used as a cheap alterntive to wood or plywood) and the sh*** had a very obvious seam in one of the corners. The paint was scuffed and the wood was noweher near sanded smoothly. I am extremely disappointed with the product and would advise others against purchasing this version of the Die Box from Empire Magic.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4866 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Check Ebay for used die boxes. You might find a decent wooden vintage one for $35 or less.

Larry
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
Maybe that is why a good one sells for $100 - you get what you pay for and sometimes much less
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
462 Posts

Profile of Kingry
The Empire box sold by Stevens is very nice, and has a loud sound. My first box was a Homer Hudson I bought back in the 70's. It served me well for a long time.
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
462 Posts

Profile of Kingry
The Empire box sold by Stevens is very nice, and has a loud sound. My first box was a Homer Hudson I bought back in the 70's. It served me well for a long time.
MrBrett
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of MrBrett
Um...im just gonna make one, now that I know how it works, Its easier and cheaper to build one for myself, with decent quality, size and sound.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Die Box (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL