The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Magician's Insurance Policy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MitchMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Quebec
277 Posts

Profile of MitchMagic
A spectator selects a card and either places it back inside the deck, or inside their pocket. The magician then reports some failures and cannot name the card, he then proceeds to pull out a pamphlet which is titled "Magician's Insurance Policy". He turns it over and reads what it says. There are 6 points, each of them gets hardy laughs. At the end of his reading, there is still no help about the card, but a post script stating "Continued Inside". The magician proceeds to open the pamphlet revealing a large picture of a playing card. It is not their card. The magician continues to open the pamphlet, revealing a larger picture of a playing card, which is not their card either. Then finally, opening the pamphlet to it's largest size, the magician shows them a picture of their card.

Review: I digged this out of my closet today after cleaning my room. But boy, do I regret forgetting about this. If you want laughs and a great trick in one, then go for this. The insurance policy, in my mind, is the greatest piece of comedic magic out there. The reason why I love it is because it's just so random. I mean, who carries an insurance policy with them, especially an insurance policy. It is a great reveal and will guarantee laughs.

When I first performed this four years ago for a school variety show, everyone loved it. The simplicity and comedic factor of this trick makes it a true gem and a true classic of close up, parlour, and stage magic. I HIGHLY recommend it for any magician who wants to get some laughs in a performance!

Mitchell
Magic For Darfur
Save Us.
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Funny, but this was one of the first effects I ever did, and, you're right, it does kill. But I haven't performed it in a long time!

I think we sometimes get so caught up in the latest/greatest, that we forget that simple truly is often best.
LCBellah
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of LCBellah
This reminds me of "The Insurance Policy"(Tommy Windor) on Michael Ammar's Easy to Master Card Miracles Vol.1 video. The "policy" is a little different (only one large card when you open it up), but the effect is basically the same. I had forgotten about it, but pulled it out after reading your post. Nice effect.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I have the insurance Policy new just sitting in the Draw Thanks for reminding me gonna make it new again !
Tophatter.
MitchMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Quebec
277 Posts

Profile of MitchMagic
Quote:
On 2007-06-27 15:55, tophatter wrote:
I have the insurance Policy new just sitting in the Draw Thanks for reminding me gonna make it new again !
Tophatter.

No problem, you wont regret it.

Mitchell
Magic For Darfur
Save Us.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
It definitely gets a great reaction. Get it out of the drawer and try it.

You might enjoy the responses you get.

Mark. Smile
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
This is definitely a good trick. I was clearing out my closet and found this, decided to add it to my restaurant act, boy does it kill. The thing actually saved my hide tonight. For some reason, I mis-controlled a selected card. Wonder of wonders, the selection was my insurance policy card.
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of jlibby
It definitely is a classic. I just started performing it again over the past couple of months. The version I use is Tommy Windsor's "Pet Insurance" policy. Same trick, except you use a deck of animal rummy cards. I bought it several years ago from Lee Jacobs.

See ya!
Joe L.
My new FREE ebook on the classic Mismade Bill trick is ready for you:
https://funnybirthdayshow.com/mismadebill/
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I loved this effect when I first saw it and started doing it.

I changed it, sort of and it worked better for me this way:

I have an envelope with "Magciians Insurance Policy" on it. I tell them I have this with me in case anything ever goes wrong. I do a couple of effects and then do a signed card effect.

They sign the card, I lose it in the deck, can't find it and remember the policy. I take out the envelope, tear it open and then......their card sldes out.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
MikeMetal2006
View Profile
Regular user
Anchorage, Alaska
111 Posts

Profile of MikeMetal2006
This is a great little effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Magician's Insurance Policy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL