The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Looking for coins across routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gvmagic1
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of gvmagic1
I'm looking for a good coins across routine into a glass using a s---l.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27083 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
You may find some very nice approaches in the NYC Coin Symposium set on the coins across trick (volume one).

From "Blasted" to the VCA approach... plenty of options to explore. You may also want to try using John Kennedy's "visible coins to glass" mechanics and also to explore Mike Gallo's visible coin assembly item (sold separately - dealer item)
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Also you can try "Four Coins to a Glass" from Bobo's Modern Coin Magic.

Book: http://www.amazon.com/Modern-Coin-Magic-J-Bobo/dp/0486242587

DVD: http://www.magictricks.com/videos/dvds/dvdmodcoin.htm
aiturran
View Profile
Loyal user
Santiago, Chile
260 Posts

Profile of aiturran
David Roth has a very clean coins across with a glass in Ultimate Coin Magic Volume 1, which I think it's a version from Bobo.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Antonio
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Sorry for my earlier post. I misread it. The 2 versions I mentioned above do not use a s---l just sleight of hand.
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
You might want to check out R Paul Wilson's effect "CoinCam Coins To Glass". It is very visual, and not that difficult to do. You'll find it here:

http://www.rpaulwilson.com/circleofconfidence2.htm

It is the 2nd item on the web page, and you can download the PDF (paypal).

Highly Recommended!!!

sdmagic
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
David Stone has a nice version on his first DVD (Real Secrets of Magic).
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
883 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
CoinOne.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Coinone uses no glass. I hate how CoinOne has become the standard answer for coins across. it has many disadvantages. david stone, has a good one with no shell. check david roths books for a shell handling and possiablly adapt the glass
aiturran
View Profile
Loyal user
Santiago, Chile
260 Posts

Profile of aiturran
I haven't been that bothered by the fact CoinOne has gotten so frequent on coin magician's mind as a good coins across. Yes, has angle problems but for close up situation it just baffles people.

Anyway, CoinOne as Joshua said uses no glass.

Just curious gvmagic, have you already practised and mastered coins across routines using no gaffs? Remember to start doing the ungaffed stuff and master it before using gaffs, take the first steps before using stuff that will easy your work. Acquiring refined and good technique in coin magic is important.

Antonio
tony2514
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire, UK
162 Posts

Profile of tony2514
Quote:
On 2007-06-29 11:24, aiturran wrote:

Just curious gvmagic, have you already practised and mastered coins across routines using no gaffs? Remember to start doing the ungaffed stuff and master it before using gaffs, take the first steps before using stuff that will easy your work. Acquiring refined and good technique in coin magic is important.

Antonio

I agree wholeheartedly with this and if you use the aforementioned Bobo routine I see no advantage in going for a Shell version
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
883 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Quote:
On 2007-06-29 10:42, Joshua Barrett wrote:
Coinone uses no glass. I hate how CoinOne has become the standard answer for coins across. it has many disadvantages. david stone, has a good one with no shell. check david roths books for a shell handling and possiablly adapt the glass

Sorry guys, I didn't see the Glass requirement. My BAD.

Anyway, Carney has one on his Video of Secrets Vol. 1 DVD. It is "a variation of the classic Victor-Vernon routine with five coins and a champagne glass." It doesn't use a shell, I do not think this is one of those routines which is greatly improved, method wise, by including a shell.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1676 Posts

Profile of mystre71
David Acer has a GREAT routine for coins to glass but doesn't use a ] but still worth taking a look at.

Best,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4835 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I have A One touch 3 Coins to glass in my standup notes! P.M. if you are interested?
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Dean Dill has a wonderful coins across routine that uses a [ and a glass. Oh it uses a silk hank as well.

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Roth's " [ Coins Across" could also work with sligh changes.
In fact most across routine that use a [ could be used.
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1151 Posts

Profile of Corbett
David Roth has a great coins across in the hands, with a shell. Ammar also teaches a nice non-gimmicked coins across on his Complete Intro to Coin Magic. Have used both, and gotten great reactions.
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
My question is why do you need a shell if you're going to use a glass? Is there a specific need for the gaff, or are you saying "wouldn't it be cool if I could do a coins to glass using a shell"? It just seems to me that superior methods that are just as clean (like using the one ahead principle) would be more effective, and have better economy of motion than adding a gaff without a reason. Why not just one extra coin?

But I would like to give you a couple of routines that I appreciate that you may be able to study and take decide whether or not you'll still need a gaff:

Shoot Ogawa's Coins To Glass-Cultural Xchange series
Curtis Kams Coins to Goblet routine-LVMI dvd set
Rannie Raymundo's coins to glass-search youtube
David Stone's Coins To glass- his first set of videos
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
snushy
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of snushy
Roth teaches his shell coins accross to a champagne coupe utilizing his champagne glass concealment on Live in Sacremento DVD.
YOU KNOW WHY YOU DON'T SEE? BECAUSE YOU DON'T WATCH! - SLYDINI
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Looking for coins across routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL