The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Cheating in real games (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19866 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Ok great, now in such a game, how "soft" is it really? See my point? It kind of precludes cheating simply by the nature of the game itself.

Odds of getting cheated at your own "home game with low stakes" not really high.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Quote:
On 2007-07-02 12:38, Dannydoyle wrote:
Ok great, now in such a game, how "soft" is it really? See my point? It kind of precludes cheating simply by the nature of the game itself.

Odds of getting cheated at your own "home game with low stakes" not really high.
I do see your point, and these games I'm referring to are not soft at all. I don't believe this fact prevents cheating as much as it affects the methods used.
I doubt if very much sleight of hand cheating takes place, such as crooked dealing, playing the light, punch deals or so on.
On the other hand, I believe there's a great deal of collusion between partners, which can give a team a tremendous advantage in a game, without a false move with the cards.
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Soapy Smith
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Soapy Smith
I had a friend who I bar hopped with for several years. He gambled every chance he could. I did not partake even though it is in my blood as my home schooling in the way of bunco methods and odds taught me not to bet with strangers and not to cheat with friends.

For all the years I knew this friend...I did not know until the last year that he had been cheating. What's more he often had the bartenders in on the take. I had the pleasure of watching him after I was made aware of his "hobby." I may be the Soapy Smith historian and cheat for show...but my friend was the real deal.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19866 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2007-07-02 13:08, DStachowiak wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-07-02 12:38, Dannydoyle wrote:

I do see your point, and these games I'm referring to are not soft at all. I don't believe this fact prevents cheating as much as it affects the methods used.
I doubt if very much sleight of hand cheating takes place, such as crooked dealing, playing the light, punch deals or so on.
On the other hand, I believe there's a great deal of collusion between partners, which can give a team a tremendous advantage in a game, without a false move with the cards.

Which was my original point right?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Danny,
I never disputed your original assertion, that collusion was the most likely and common technique. If you look at my original post, I was agreeing with that. I was only commenting that it isn't true that underground gambling is a thing of the past. There are still parts of the country where the only legal gambling available within a reasonable distance is the state Lotto and the ubiquitous slots.
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19866 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am just giving ya the business!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Cheating in real games (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL