The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Nexus by Kevin Parker (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MitchMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Quebec
277 Posts

Profile of MitchMagic
This is the second Kevin Parker item I have and it wont be the last. Initialy, I was skeptical about buying Nexus, but it was worth it. It is a completely impromptu, visual linking key on keyring effect. There's nothing more you can ask for.

Quality:

The quality of the download isn't the greatest, on my computer the sound was off on the video so it was quite annoying, but I still learnt the effect. The video wasn't choppy, but the quality itself wasn't amazing, it could have been better, but once again, I still learnt the effect perfectly fine.

Teaching:

The teaching was pretty good. Kevin goes through each step very detailed and tells you everything you need to know for performing the trick. He teaches the right angles, the proper rings and key rings to use, how to handle the keys and everything else.

Method:

The method is genious, it's something that you would think wouldn't work if you thought of it, but when it is put into this much detail, you kick yourself in the head. It is so simple that it works incredibly well. The illusion that this creates is amazing, I still fool myself it the mirror doing this, it looks so real!

My performance:

After practicing this a lot, and I mean a lot, I finally decided to bring this on the streets. The great this about this is that it is impromptu, everything can be borrowed. When I approached my mark, I performed a few tricks prior to Nexus, and then it was time. I asked her if she had a keyring and a ring, she had both, which I wasn't expecting but I was lucky. I proceeded to show her that everything was normal and all of the things I was holding were hers. Then, I proceeded to melt the ring onto the keyring, she freaked, she spun around and let out a HUGE gasp. I told her that it wasn't done and I melted it right off, when I handed the items back, she was speechless, as was I. This was one of the better reactions I have gotten in while.

This is a great trick, and I HIGHLY recommend it. It is incredibly visual and quite easy to learn even if it takes some good practice. If you buy this, I guarantee you that you'll be satisfied!

Get Nexus today at http://www.kevinparkerproductions.com.

Mitchell
Magic For Darfur
Save Us.
sdorshan
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of sdorshan
How are the angles? And the keyring it uses are those ones that are in the spring-like shape, for lack of a better word?
Boracay
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Boracay
The angles are fine so long as you get ideal ring and key ring. You want a "standard" key ring that overlaps itself once with the 2 "split" openings coming together. You need half dozen to a dozen keys without the key ring just being full all the way around. You also want a thin finger ring like a ladies decorative ring...not a wedding band or class ring. Then the working is clever but it does not play big...not something you can show to a crowd and show it all around...more like stop acouple girl friend s while shopping...do a quick mind freak...show them the linked ring quickly and get out.
jbk2006
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
230 Posts

Profile of jbk2006
I also have this and it DOES take practice. I spent a week or two just getting the sleights down to get the key ring ready for the routine. His teaching is alright....nowhere near the quality of ll publishing. His routine is direct to the point. It is a little angle sensitive, but easy to overcome. Overall I would say make sure you do it right before you perform. If you do,it's a real killer.

JBK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Nexus by Kevin Parker (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL