The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » An Interesting Final Load... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
Westfield, North Carolina, USA
449 Posts

Profile of The Great Danton
Thanks everybody,
Yes, I have been thinking about it some more today, and while as a magician I would find it interesting, the audience would probably not like cards as much. Can you get Tennis balls in other colours? I have not seen any, but living in a small town....I might just not be able to get them around here.

I do not know why speech patterns are so easy for me to pick up, but I noticed I will also pick up smaller movements, which is why I want to be careful. Haha...no I did not start to dress like Jeff.

Thanks Bill Palmer, that is a great list. I will go with that order.

I am also getting doves soon, but I doubt I could get them in the cups! I'll have to think of a better final load.

Danton
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house."
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Lacrosse balls are also very practical. White are the most visual. I like to do 3 white then a 4th red ball. They're a lot heavier than tennis balls though, so weigh you down a fair bit more.

Tennis balls come in several different colours. The regulation balls are yellow, but I've also seen them in orange. Toy stores or pet stores will have lots of different variations.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
coincard
View Profile
New user
Paducah, Kentucky
54 Posts

Profile of coincard
I usa the fruit loads from Ammar (Fab Fruit). http://www.ammarmagic.com/
They are a great weight and look perfectly real. Specs have even picked up the potatoe and thought it was real. The Tomotoe not so much when picked up but it still looks great.
Todd Duff

ToddDuff.com
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
959 Posts

Profile of lint
Anyone know what kind of load balls mendoza uses? they seem like red lacrosse balls, but they are shiny...and I don't see any markings.

-todd
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
They could be juggling balls.

About tennis balls as a final load. Remember, most cups won't take tennis balls. RnT 2 has some. The Riser traditionals will also, and so will the Sherwoods. But the Johnsons won't and neither will Monti cups. Nor will the Bazar de Magia cups.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Thanks for the warning...I am using a set of plastic cups from a dollar store right now (yeah I know), but I am working on making a wooden set, just because I have the wood, tools, and time, but not much money. =P I do want a nice set of metal cups though, but they will have to wait. What with trying to get into doves at the same time and working on a card manipulation act, cups and balls are not at the very top of my list (2nd actually). So much magic, so little time.....

I hadn't thought about lacrosse balls...or juggling balls, good ideas guys!
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house."
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Wooden cups generally have thicker walls than metal ones. So a cup that is fairly large outside may not take a very large load. If you live near a Wal Mart, go to the sporting goods section and buy a box of "Spring Balls." They will cost you about $5.00. You get 15 balls. They are a little smaller than a lacrosse ball, but they are also fairly light.

Also, there are racquet balls that work quite well.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
john_herm
View Profile
New user
NJ
69 Posts

Profile of john_herm
Quote:
On 2007-07-03 02:20, Bill Palmer wrote:
Also, there are racquet balls that work quite well.

That's what I use, they're the perfect size for my cups. I still have to look for those "Spring Balls" though. Smile

John
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Hmm..I haven't seen then before, but I will definitely look!
dxsare
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of dxsare
Platform Tennis Balls are the same size as lacrosse balls but have the same "feel and texture" of a tennis ball. I've seen them in tennis ball color and orange, and they might be made in others. They should be available at any sporting good store. Nice load balls to work with when tennis balls are too big.

Stevie D
-Stevie D
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » An Interesting Final Load... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL