The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Need help with wireless headset mic hookup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
I plan on getting a smaller sound system for use in smaller kids shows, and would like to hook up a wireless headset mic with it.

What transmitter, receiver, mic is recommended that will all work together and be compatible work with one of these smaller systems such as a Roland CM30 or Mackie SRV150?

With my limited knowledge of this, I am assuming, I need to buy a wireless receiver and connect it to the back of the sound system, get a bodypack transmitter and a mic that are all compatilbe with each other. I don't want to buy a bunch of random stuff and find out they can't work with each other.

I already use an Anchor(Shure) EM-60T headset on my bigger sound system and prefer to stick with the same mic or something similar.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike Perrello
DC Area's Leading Family Entertainment Expert
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1137 Posts

Profile of Eldon
[quote]
I already use an Anchor(Shure) EM-60T headset on my bigger sound system and prefer to stick with the same mic or something similar.

Look at the Shure Performance Gear Systems or the Shure PGX Systems.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
The Wireless Receiver, that comes with a compatable Wireless headset transmiter, hooked easily into thr Roland CM-30

Even a wired Handheld microphone would work. Specific names really depends on what you want to pay.
Dennis Michael
MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
Dennis,

Do you have a wireless receiver/transmitter/mic you would recommend for use with the CM-30? Which one do you use?

Thanks,
Mike
Mike Perrello
DC Area's Leading Family Entertainment Expert
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Any system will work. Decide on a headset, full mic or lav. There is a thread about a good full headset mic countryman or shure.

You can get a wireless system. I have an audio technica 700 series lav mic and an audio techinca I think 200 series wireless mic.

J
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Mike,

I have a CM30 and use the NADY3 UHF wireless system with it. These are a VERY inexpensive wireless set up that works fantastic. I picked this up as a back up and the more expensive Audio Tecnica wireless I had blew up and I never replaced it because this unit was so good.

http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--NDYUHF3HM3

It is a great little unit.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Need help with wireless headset mic hookup (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL