The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » SPIRIT GLASS » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
This topic is already on "The Learned Pig Project Message Board" It has been put here for some serious thinking. PUT ON YOUR THINKING CAPS.

SPIRIT GLASS
Its the latest in close up magic. A mind boggling magical effect and true magic. It will even make Psychic Uri Geller and Magician James Randi think twice.
A steel glass and a flat sheet of ordinary mirrored glass is shown. They are fully examined by the audience.
The magician places the mirrored glass on the table and picks up the steel glass in his hand.
He (magician), using his mystical powers calls for a nearby wandering spirit to enter the steel glass. After 4 to 5 attempts a spirit enters the glass. The glass is placed upturned over the mirrored glass sheet thus trapping the Spirit in the steel glass.
The magician now using his magical powers (psychic & spirit magic, seances, psuedo science), commands the trapped Spirit to move. Magician uses his full force of magical powers to make the trapped Spirit obey his command. The spirit is very unhappy and reluctant to obey the magician. The magician promises the spirit to release it immediately once it has obeyed his command.
The spirit starts moving and moves the steel glass along with it.
Very powerful and realistic MAGIC. This is very very close to real magic. This blows them away! During the performance the magician can be way away from the props.
You need only three items (a steel glass, a flat mirrored glass sheet and a table). This is a brand new effect. Use it as a psychic & spirit magic, seances, comedy magic, suedo science & puzzle effects! For the patter, imagination is the limit.
HOW IT's DONE: Thats the SECRET? It uses no threads, wax. magnets, gimmicks, wires, table cloth, pulls or pushes. Nothing at all. Just the two cheap and easily available minor props, the steel glass and the flat mirrored sheet glass. Ofcourse you need that little something to catch the wandering spirit. All can be fully examined by the audience, before and after the performance.
Now my question to you, Mr/Ms. Magic.
1. What do you thing of this new magic effect?
2. Are there going to be any takers for the innovation?
3. What will be the effect on the magic community as a whole?
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
vovin
View Profile
Veteran user
Columbus,Oh
338 Posts

Profile of vovin
I'd have to see the trick. I have seen many tricks that were amazing when written but when performed they were not so impressive.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Hi,

Yes you are corect. In the field of magic there is lot of difference between what is written, what is spoken and ultimately what is seen/performed.

The SPIRIT GLASS behaves exactly as written. I must say "seeing is believing". The MAGIC works on a totally different principle. This has never been done or shown. All is examinable before and after. The magician can stay away from the props once the glass is placed upturned over the mirrored glass sheet. And That's MAGIC.

There is food for though for every one.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Ustaad, a description of an effect is one thing but the performance is another thing entirely. There have been many an item that do exactly what the description says but once viewed are quite disappointing.
The effect as described sounds quite interesting, however keep in the mind if the effect can be done cleaner with a orior described method then you have done nothing more then reinvented the wheel.
I am not trying to burst your bubble just saying it is hard to give a reccomendation on a description alone.
sludge
View Profile
Special user
milton keynes, england
530 Posts

Profile of sludge
So is there any chance of getting to see a video performance of this?
fordkross
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of fordkross
Sounds like you've written a very long ad.BTW steel glass is contradictory. A steel tumbler perhaps.
from
Ford
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Hi All,

fordkross: Yes that's correct - A steel tumbler. One can even use the Chop Cup or the CUP (Cups & Balls) provided it is not made out of plastic.

sludge: Soon I will be putting a video clip on MAGIC JAKE's web site (http://www.magic-jake.com/).

tboehnlein: I do agree that no concrete opinion can be given by just a written / verbal description alone. Haven't we all been fooled and lured (so many a times)into buying junk just going by the Ad? The SPIRIT GLASS is a self working magic with just two or I must say three simple props (a steel tumbler(glass), a mirroerd glass sheet and a table to place the mirrored glass). In addition it need that little something to catch the wandering spirit so as to make the tumbler move.

Magic has been a childhood hobby for me. I do not perform for the public but do perform in our own private gathering / parties. I love to innovate and MAGIC has given me ample opportunity to do so.

Magic & Illusion is just not misdirection and the use of very well designed cleaver props but what I term it as "Material Misdirection" In the Spirit Glass, the entire routine revolves arround, "Strong Material Misdirection". Again it is that little something which makes Magic happen. Another classic example of Material Misdirection is the Dean's Box. Its a very well designed box and I believe a lot of work and thought has gone into the design of this little marvel.

With warm regards to all.
Ustaad.

CHEERS Smile
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Hi All,

All is quiet on this front. Is the storm brewing? How many THINKERS are out there?

From India with regards (To all)

CHEERS Smile
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
DO WE HAVE ONLY 'PERFORMERS' AND NO 'THINKERS'?

CHEERS Smile
Gavin W
View Profile
New user
UK
68 Posts

Profile of Gavin W
No GIMMICKS, hhhmmmmm.

Okay, you got me (for now), this has been in the back of my mind for the last couple days, but still nothing.

Can you only perform this during an earthquake / does it use a real spirit(how much do they charge)???? Smile

Any news on when the video will be ready.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Hi Gavin,

Oh GOD! At least there is some one out there thinking. No earthquakes yet.

It will take a week or so to send the video. Then it is up to Jake as to when he will post it.

However the video will only show the glass moving (sliding and stopping, again sliding and stopping .....) and nothing more. You will not be able to see that little something which makes MAGIC happen.

Keep thinking. As with all GREAT POWERFUL MAGIC, the method/secret is very very very simple. Keep in mind the "Material Misdirection".

From India with regards.

CHEERS Smile
Gavin W
View Profile
New user
UK
68 Posts

Profile of Gavin W
One quick question, does the tumbler have to be steel or will any metal do????

Thanks - Gavin

BTW: It does sound Excellent, and I want it Smile
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Hi gavin,

Kindly refer to my Post above (Feb 13, 2002 1:00pm) addressed to 'fordkross'. It MUST be made of metal.

The correct selection of material and quality of the two props will play a big role for the MAGIC to happen.

SLOWLY AND GRADUALLY we are moving towards the SECRET of the 'SPIRIT GLASS'

From India with regards.

CHEERS Smile
Gavin W
View Profile
New user
UK
68 Posts

Profile of Gavin W
ooops sorry, can't believe I missed that the amount of times I've looked through this post. Smile

I'll post back in short while, after a bit of experimentation.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
OK all the best.
Bird Brain
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Bird Brain
oooooh, I am thinkin' HARD on this one!

It sounds like an awesome effect!

"Here, spirit, spirit!" Lol! I'm gonna try and think some more on this one!

Bird Brain (I hope my name doesn't slow me down too much! Smile)
Yes I know my enemies
They're the teachers who taught me to fight me
Compromise, conformity, assimilation, submission
Ignorance, hypocrisy, brutality, the elite
All of which are American Dreams, All of which are American Dreams
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Hi Bird Brain,

That's the right spirit. Apply your mind. I have given enough information and hints.

Regards,
USTAAD
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Hi Gavin,

How far have you reached? I maen the experiment.

You may now like to use the "Private Message Board"?

USTAAD
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » SPIRIT GLASS » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL