The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ring Rhapsody by Werry - anyt thoughts on this (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
I' m looking at Ring Rhapsody by Werry at hocus-pocus.com, it sounds great, but I'm searching for a review. Anybody in the forum who has seen a performance of this, or actuall do perform it? Any review.

What it says

Miserable old fogies are always telling us "There's nothing New in Magic!" How wrong they are! There are new effects galore, and here's a trick to prove it! A sparkling new effect by one of Magic's greatest originators.

The magician shows his hands empty .... then lifts up and freely displays a purple 6 inch plastic ring .... nothing else. Ring is taken between hands and a catching motion is mode. Instantly a band of bright green ribbon appears threaded onto the ring.

Mysteriously, and as though from nowhere a 6 inch white ring appears at the other end of the ribbon, then, quick as a flick a bright yellow one appears between the two rings!

A nice trick .... and an unusual one .... but the applause-pulling climax is yet to come when.... suddenly .... TWO WHOLE CHAINS OF RED AND WHITE RINGS APPEAR, threaded on the ribbon! OOOH! WHAT A SURPRISE!!!!!

We have seen Werry work this and can vouch for its effectiveness. You'll have to practice a bit to perform it as neatly as he does, but it's worth it! You'll have the pleasure of proving those old fogies we told you about are completely wrong.

The rings are made of plastic, specially produced for this effect. A great trick-kit! Comes complete with detailed instructions.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
I hate to sound like an old fogie but this is not new. This sounds like an effect Tannen used to sell. In fact, I saw Lou Tannen perform this in his store. You can't do this in a t-shirt.

Larry
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
775 Posts

Profile of 61magic
I'm with Larry on this one, Tannen's had this listed in a catalogue as far back as 1978.
By the way I've been in magic for 35 years, so I think that makes me one of the old fogies...
Professor J. P. Fawkes
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
But is it a good effect?
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Yeah, without considering whether it is new or old trick, please somebody advise if it is good effect .
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

It's a good trick but not for close-up situations. It's better for stage or club work.
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Larry , are you saying for doing this you need jacket ?
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Yes, because the routine requires a st--- . I suppose you could wear a vest or something else to hide the rings.
blakeherridge
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of blakeherridge
Its hard to imagin what happens. Does it look good?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ring Rhapsody by Werry - anyt thoughts on this (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL