The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » One ring to rule them all (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
I think that the folks at Atlanta Cutlery have a nice collection of items from the movie, including the Ring, the Leaf brooches, and several of the swordds including the broken one, as well as its restored version.....(Interesting investment for working with!)
I know I have seen the items at least one other place as well, Oh Arwen's necklace is also out that I have seen.
Pricey, but then there is all that liscencing stuff to pay for!
kay
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
I use the poem as writ and finish it with:

"and in the darkness bind them,
in the realm of Redmond where the Shadows dwell - Microsoft?! What the he** IS this?! A Tolkien Ring Network node?! ... It's awfully NARROW BANDWIDTH!"

I guess I do WAY too many data and computer shows...!

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
Master of Pun-fu!
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Thought that was the microsoft EULA on the ring. Now put in bar codes and in every CD.

The rings might now be CDs and the 'one' cd might be the key or install cd.

The antique stories get interesting when taken in modern context.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Quote:
On 2003-02-01 16:10, Peter Marucci wrote:
Lyndon,
You might want to check out the e-zine Visions (www.online-visions.com) for my Bizarre Bazaar column.
There is a comedy-bizarre routine there, titled "Lord of the Ring(s)".
You may find it interesting.
(Or then again, you may not)!
Smile

Check this effect at the vision site too
[outdated link]
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Here's a quick thought I had while reading some of the posts on this thread.

Since the ring makes the wearer invisible, how about wearing the ring to help "explain" some unexplained magic effect you just performed (such as a two-card transposition, the sudden appearance of a item in a space thought to be unoccupied--like a spectator's card ending up in the "empty" card box or in a participant's pocket, etc.)? Also, how about putting on the ring just before doing an IT or PK effect?

In all of these cases, explain that by wearing the ring, your inner body or essence becomes invisible and can wander unnoticed and perform many effects and do many deeds.

By using the ring in this manner, you wouldn't necessarily have to really be "up" on the Tolkein Ring Series facts, characters and trivia and you could reduce the risk of being "burned" "called" or "busted" if you inadvertently mention something that turns out to be inaccurate Tolkein-wise.

No big idea or revleation--just my two cents worth.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
OR

for the comedy/bizarre magician, use the ring ala Mac King's cloak of invisiblity.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
One could always go to the Nieblieng Opera, and other bits of German, North country mythology (Wonder how many times Mr. JRR saw that opera?) pick up some variations from the Rhine maidens in the river, to the ring made from their gold.....

In the Germanic myth, the ring gives power, and the dwarven Tarnhelm (magic hat/Helmet) gives the ivisibility, and ability for things to to change their shape....I think I shall have to write something about this one!
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
jiggyjer
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of jiggyjer
I always thought the more interesting and sinester aspect of the ring is that it makes people do things thay might not do otherwise.. So maybee the spec holds the ring and cuts to thier tarot card, or feels touches on their back, or feels their extended index fingers being drawn magnetically together by an unseen force. Lots of potential here.
Vovin, how long does the pearlex have to be heated for?

maybee a prediction could be written on the ring, and only revealed when put in the flame...

J
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Quote:
On 2003-09-10 10:16, kaytracy wrote:
In the Germanic myth, the ring gives power, and the dwarven Tarnhelm (magic hat/Helmet) gives the ivisibility, and ability fo rthings to to change their shape....I think I shall have to write something about this one!

Oh my... Himber rings and Chapeaugraphy in a bizarre routine...!

Almost as scary as Bo Derek in dreadlocks..!

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » One ring to rule them all (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL