The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Wow! Bedwell's "In over your head" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jay Buchanan
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
512 Posts

Profile of Jay Buchanan
What a masterpiece!

Ok, so I am sure this is not news to anyone here, but somehow this one has escaped me... until today. Just got it in the mail from Denny and I am blown away.

What a gem!
Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt. ~ Shakespeare
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
It is a very nice routine. The history on it was a magic manufacturer, I don't know who, was going to release it w/out Bedwells permission and he figured if he wanted the credit he had to release it himself. He didn't want to but he had no choice so the community benefits.
Jay Buchanan
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
512 Posts

Profile of Jay Buchanan
Thank you for that bit of info MagicSanta!
Well, I am glad he released it but I am sorry to hear it was kind of a forced situation for him. The book seems like a total lesson on comedy as well as a terrific, real world routine. I believe this one will be in my act for a long time to come. I can see this, if done well, as a major piece of entertainment!
Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt. ~ Shakespeare
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Is this the "performance only" rope routine that Steve performed on his ("No M.D. Required"?) video?
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Jay Buchanan
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
512 Posts

Profile of Jay Buchanan
I don't think so.
This is a multi-phase, comedy C&R rope routine with a spectator on stage.
The assisting spectator gets fooled over and over while the audience sees the dirty work, in a very comical way.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
No, not on No MD Required.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Those of you that know the routine, please don't blab about its construction here.
Bedwell deserves better than having the effect discussed openly or to have people begging for PMs or begging for a "Secret Session thread".

If you're interested in the routine, just spend the few bucks for goodness sake.

Too many threads end up basically describing the entire effect, the method, etc.

The first few posters think "well, I'm not giving away anything by..." then someone replies adding a bit more "harmless bits" and pretty soon you've got the whole thing spelled out, removing money from Steve B.'s pocket (where it belongs).

Do the man a favor. Do the right thing.

Disappointed that it's not a DVD? Great! Better for the rest of the folks that don't mind reading.

Here's all you need to know:
1. a fantastic rope routine.
2. uses scissors so you'll need more rope each time.
3. great comedy piece for parlor or stage.
4. uses a spectator.
5. teaches not just the routine but also comedy theory.
6. unlike any other rope routine.

I hate to sound harsh but there's way too much blatant exposure that occurs here that directly affects the creators' incomes. "Exposure" and "magicians helping magicians" are not the same thing.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Jay Buchanan
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
512 Posts

Profile of Jay Buchanan
^ That's true Frank!
I've probably said too much already so I will just say this...

After 30k invested in magic over 20+ years, this $15 manuscript is one of the best investments I've ever made Smile

PS - It's not for everyone, but those who it is for, it's worth far more than the asking price at the dealers!
rbattle
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of rbattle
Well worth the money. Very amusing for the performer as well.

Robert
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
It's perhaps the best rope routine I've ever seen
The XXI century Slydini routine.
I like this routine so much.
Bedwell for this is enter in rhe magic legend for ever
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Wow! Bedwell's "In over your head" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL